4G63 vr4 block

mi_scuzi

Known Member
Aug 7, 2005
Selangor
helo sifu,
need opinion here,i got a vr4 block that wanted to replace piston.what piston to get beside stock vr4 one?can it fit evo piston nicely?which compression will be higher,vr4 or evo? :regular_smile:

mi_scuzi

Known Member
Aug 7, 2005
Selangor
okies,evo has a higher compression compare vr4,but izit possible to fix evo piston to vr4 block?bore is the same meanwhile stock diffrent?

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
flushafteruse said:
evo diff is just stroke,bore same
are you sure about this.... using different formula to calculate engine CC..

evo - 1997cc
vr4 - 1997cc

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
mi_scuzi said:
any commens on fitting evo piston to vr4,curious to know.
have to machine the small end of the rod a little smaller and bore the hole a litte bigger

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
khoyos : im sick bai, no mood to even go out man, other than that doing ok ;)

jo1 : so we dont need to rebore right, jsut put in the piston and good to go right
i mean including machining the conrod n hole , just wanted to ask , will evo 4 onwards fit ? is it more stronger, just asking :) maybe u got kaki who did em , haha mr.p still pantang for me to change piston.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
no, complete internal vr4, except pistons only evo.
explanation for jo1 n jinkl's statement
if u notice, vr4 conrod is thicker than evo conrod. so obviously at the piston pin, vr4 has bigger area compared to evo. so u have to machine the evo pistons(rebore at piston pin hole), in order for them to be fitted to vr4 conrod.

vr4 conrod better than evo conrod, but evo pistons better than vr4 pistons. so combine them in a vr4 block. better do it during overhaul only, as it is a tedious job. if ur block is healthy, not necessary. so many people in malaysia have cracked the 400whp barrier using 100% stock (but healthy) engine block...

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
jinkl, someone close to us already fitted evo7 pistons to vr4 block(or was it evo block forgot already). super responsive. high boost capability unknown...

mi_scuzi

Known Member
Aug 7, 2005
Selangor
but if is using vr4 conrod & evo piston,izzit lasting compare with vr4 stock piston & conrod?does the block need any modification in order to put the evo piston?will the compression will be higher after fixing evo piston compare to stock vr4?

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai all sifu, i need advise for evo3 engine. i am thinking to change my gsr to evo3 engine n how can i c the code for evo3 with vr4 evo1 evo2 coz all these engine code start with 4g63....?? is the maintenance same with gsr wat i mean here is ori evo3. n how bout the fuel comsumption my gsr rm60 can go about 400km like tat. Hope someone can give me some advise me before i transplant the engine
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience