4G18P Waja SOHC convert DOHC Experienced?

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Hello All,

Recently there has been a mod shop quite aggresively converting Waja SOHC (4G18P) with 4G15 DOHC head.

Anyone here has experienced the conversion, maybe could share alittle on the success?

I tried searching in the forum, there may be a thread started somewhere already but could not find. Considering the conversion but would like some experienced experts to share their knowledge.

Thanks all :adore:

swtzzz

Jul 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i hv done it with mine...feel gud...but u hv to re-flashed ur ecu or many an e-manage thn u will feel the 100% of the DOHC

holydevil

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2008
yes most team-imperials.com already convert to dohc. ;)
some of them even turbocharged their engine as well. go to the forum and check it out.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Thanks guys, so car the 4g18 has been serving me well in term of drivability and mileage. Considering now to upgrade a little with dohc. I have an afe neo lying around in the house, could not fit it until I find the wiring diagram for the ecu - unless any of you guys have the diagram.

swtzzz: May I ask how long have you had the convert done? Any issue with timing, as some converted with 4g92 has some issues with knocking. Just want to weight the results especially with first hand experience in term of the value to do the convert. Btw, where did you had yours done?

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
hd: When you mean, ecu reflash, for what I understand is to load a new map to the ecu; is that what it is?

Ultimately, is it worthwhile to convert to dohc, or just simply top overhaul, reflash ecu and/ or tune with afc?

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Btw, are yours converted to dohc? If there's any confidentiality issues, you can always pm me instead. Try to gather as much info as I can. If possible, I may want to contact your fellow Stevenlution via phone to get more in-sight about it.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
mao_3873: Thanks heaps. Read some of the topics and does sound interesting. May have to chat with Elton to get a better understanding on finer details.

swtzzz

Jul 17, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sry for late reply...i din get any problem from the DOHC...i done it in kl n im from ipoh...if u wan easy go to mudah.my type waja DOHC thn u can find it...

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
swtzzz: Ok, previously I was living in Ipoh too. Spoke to my mechanic there but he only heard on a convert with 4g9x head, ultimately has ignition timing issue. I guess the 4g15 head may suit it better.

Will do a search in mudah.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello ..... can i ask weather there is anyone who knows how to change the meter lights ...... my meter lights doesnt function anymore ...... wira ...... anyone knows how to change the lights ? ....... can i change to another colour ? so does the lights on the a/c switch ? thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience