4age 20v blacktop can put turbocharge??

turbo_fit

Jan 25, 2007
yes you can turbocharge the 4age20v blacktop with standard internals,i saw silvertop use custom turbo kit already lasting for years and there are no major problem as long as you follow my little tips ahead..i just want to share my little experience about custom turbo kit here coz i made it to my honda jazz idsi from zero experience and learning it from friends and internet..and it already run for 1 year and 5 months now and the engine just fine(0.7bar daily).i own blacktop too but in renault 19 body but i didnt do any major mods on the car coz i study outside malaysia.

according to my experience if u boost the blacktop around 0.7 bar i assume it can produce around 300-350bhp on crank itself,but on wheel dyno maybe decrease to 280bhp due to power loss.why 320bhp? i just predict it bcoz my 90hp idsi jazz produce 191hp dyno on crank(with 2 inches piping),and of course if take out the piping can produce more hp,200-205hp maybe.we can see the power x2 the ori engine spec.(std blacktop 165hpx2)(maybe, coz i dun hav experience b.o.t on blacktop.

if u want to make a simple kit for standard engine internal(maximum 0.9 bar boost),all u need are: tdo4 turbine from mitsu vr4 or gsr,vr4 intercooler,vr4 injectors 450cc,blow off valve,custom turbo header(banana),custom turbo piping,2.5 inches exhaust pipe,a turbo timer,a boost meter,semi racing or racing clutch kit,metal gasket,vr4 oil cooler,engine management(dastek unichip,e manage ultimate etc etc...thats all,i think it is the simplest and cheapest option..later if u want higher bhp,u can change to bigger turbine,add more fuel using higher output injectors,forged/4agze supercharger piston(many ppl use supecas piston bcoz it is ez to find and cheap,i dunno it can fit blacktop or not.)

but the important thing is PLEASE SERVICE THE TURBINE 1st before bolt it at ur engine(i prefer tong turbo at cheras,tdo4 full service kit with balance rm500,1 day job and ur turbine will look like new,very clean).why need to service?bcoz it wont last long especially when bought from chop shop.i experience this before veryy hasle coz engine oil will gone coz leak in turbine and produce so much white smoke through the exhaust.

then make sure u make the banana(turbo header) and piping at the experienced workshop,stainless steel would be the best option.to connect all the pipe please use silicone hose coz ordinary rubber hose wont last long,after 2-3 month can leak coz it cant stand high temperature from the turbine,when 1 of your hose leak,blow off will not make any sound coz turbine will surge due to backpressure of excess gas.exhaust pipe minimum 2.5 inches.below 2.5 it is difficult to increase boost,turbo need larger exhaust pipe,if u want to drag ur car try remove exhaust pipe,really different the power like wild horse man hehe..

for blow off valve please use ori product like hks,bcoz taiwan/imitation product only last 2-3 month,i also experien this problem.

then metal gasket is important i think coz honda jazz standard spec oredi come with metal gasket,and i didnt experien any oil leakage for nearly 1.5years.for turbine gasket,it is mandatory to use metal one coz ordinary paper gasket will only last 2 month,but shorter life when expose to rain water or expose to carwash water when the engine is hot.and dont lift up ur bonnet screw to make the engine cooler coz custom turbo header will crack/bend(malay word bengkok) if expose direct to water when hot.if u want to make engine temperature cooler pls use custom carbon bonnet that have holes and water drain,this is safer.

then,for the turbo oil pipe drain back to the engine,u will need proper material like rubber/silicone pipe that can hold high temperature oil and can bend freely coz sometime workshop use metal one that cant bend freely,this will make the pipe leak when the engine vibrate,engine oil will dry without u can realize it,so always see ur wall if there any oil leakage.

extra injectors u can try toyota product like 3sgte or others than can fit blacktop engine,if not 2 or 3 of vr4 450cc enuff oredi bolt it just before engine intake,but ur exhaust will sound like using high cam due to messy fuel supply but dun worry i use this 1.5 year oredi engine just running well,but will replace it with k20a type r injector coz it fit honda jazz engine.

for engine management i use dastek unichip,so far just fine.but pls find tuner that have dyno machine so u can see ur tuning figure like bhp,torque.greedy e manage ultimate also can or if have more $ can use motec,haltech etc etc..

and pls change the clutch set,minimal semi race 3 puck with spring on pad,less than this it is useless to bolt on turbo in to ur car coz stdard clutch has its max limit bhp,turbo have excessive torque and bhp.clutch will become hot and slip when u rev the engine,and u can only hear loud engine sound but car not moving..

maximum boost with standard internal i suggest not more than 0.9 bar..or ur piston will crack.for honda jazz itself spoon claim standard internal can hold up to 0.9 bar,but my friend add extra head gasket(to lower the compression)+racing fuel can make to 1.2 bar without problem.my car set to 0.9bar without prob,but pls use minimal 92 octane fuel coz boosting need high octane.less than that ull risk ur piston to crack coz lower octane will make detonation and piston cant stand it.for blacktop i dunno,less than 0.9bar just fine i think coz ive read an experiment done in sport compact magazine,standard internal big vtec b16a can hold boost untill 1.2-1.4 bar with sufficient air fuel ratio setup.so i think blacktop oso around that point .blacktop engine has more advantage coz it has water jacket to cooler the engine,b16a im not sure got this or not..to be safe just set max 0.8 bar...thats all,happy trying

Last edited:

frecoz

Known Member
Sep 10, 2006
www.tagged.com
wah.. thanks for the info.. it will help me alot.. thehehe.. just what i expect.. thanks once again.. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

turbo_fit

Jan 25, 2007
additional info,silvertop,blacktop can add vr4 xtra injector but must custom fuelrail..

frecoz

Known Member
Sep 10, 2006
www.tagged.com
thanks for the info everybody.. anyone want to share anything?? this thread have no right or wrong answer.. just give all your ideas, ur experience to improve these engine for me and other users too.. no need to pay anything lor.. otherwise u will be respected.. heheehe.. thank you.. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

tohjluen

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
hi every bro here, i had mod my 4age 20v to turbo, and now the problem is the injector not enough fuel for engine, do anyone know what injector is suitable for 4age 20V? need help bro!

thanks.....

casconaro

Aug 17, 2007
Is it possible to put turbo in my engine?? how many hp it will increase?? what should i do to put it?? are we have to change the cam and so on?? as i know, this engine already high end performance, so, still i have to change all of it(the cam and so on)??
i got 1 h/c bt20v blizt turbo............ rm11000 neg....... call if intrested :wavey:

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
hi every bro here, i had mod my 4age 20v to turbo, and now the problem is the injector not enough fuel for engine, do anyone know what injector is suitable for 4age 20V? need help bro!

thanks.....
Get 1J injector. Shud be more than enough. Will carry you to 1.5bar with no problem. Unless you want more ?

what management system & intake manifold u using? mind to share ur mods? I am on my way turbo also.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

i got 1 h/c bt20v blizt turbo............ rm11000 neg....... call if intrested :wavey:
mind to share those item included ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
I'm planning to upgrade my 4G63 7bolt to 2.2L..
I already bought the internalpart and will be install next month..
i'm a newbie and my problem is...i don't know which turbo to fit on?
anyone can suggest any??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience