4afe Crankshaft

sirdex90

Jan 12, 2012
Labuan
Good day,
I have a 2000 year corolla Ae111 4AFE which has a faulty crank pulley. It caused my crankshaft to be replaced as well.

May i know where can get original toyota replacements? Or with the same price, i should get something better?
Its a daily driven car, i like it to stay stock. :wavey:

Im at penang.

Thanks All Sifu~

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Just get the crank from a halfcut n new bearing, should be way more cheaper n dun think u can get new crank, function the same, This is not a common problem on 4afe, mine '96 still running strong. Did the crank broke or bearing worn..? u can resurface the crank if its not broken n balance it.

sirdex90

Jan 12, 2012
Labuan
My brother dont really take good care of the car. He did notice the engine shaking badly but he never went to check it. End up the bearing worn and the crank was broken.
Can u give me a estimated price so i will know what to aspect from mechanics.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Well... just about rm500-rm1000 depend on part price n engine block where the bearing seat needed to be resurface, new bearing, new seal, gasket, oil seal etc... many wear tear part need to be chg la if open the block. Bcos when u open a old engine all the rubber n gasket is gone.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Guys

Both front wheel nut of my halfcut is special nut but unfortunately i dont have the special tool to unlock it. Anyone any idea what available tool on the market to unlock the nut?:confused:

Any ideas are most welcome. Thanks for viewing my thread.

Rgds
:bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience