4 x 4 . Which Car Better ?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro now no more storm lo... Triton replaced it already.

For me, I have tried many of the 4x4 offroad due to my work in the forest. My personal choice would be: Ranger, Navara, Dmax, Hilux, Land Rover Defender 110 and lastly the ******* triton.

I let you know a bit about these trucks from my usage in terrible offroad conditions...

Ranger - Super comfortable, nice interior and comfortable springs. Feels like a car. The new one with TDCI engine is damn torquey and economical. Parts and maintenance not sure because it is quite new. We haven't replaced anything.

Navara - I haven't tried this one. Only been driven in city roads. So I can't comment on it. But I am attracted to the power :biggrin:

Hilux - Cheap and many parts. Tough truck. Not much problems. Most reliable. Comfort wise, it is harder than ford and Dmax but not like triton. But for the 2.5 version, the engine feels weak. I never tried the 3.0 because only auto is available.

DMax - Reasonably comfortable but not as much as ford. Reasonably powerful. Not as power as ford but much better than Hilux. Parts also cheap and plenty. The only one with "switch 4wd"

Defender 110 - Super comfort as it runs on all coil springs. Very powerful. Just a little bit slower behind ford. The engine is more powerful than ford but because of the weight and full time 4wd, it feels heavier. It looks really good like a military truck. But in terms of reliability, it is rubbish. this truck spoil the most in my field. And looking for parts is a pain. Always no parts. When we order, it takes 6 months to arrive from UK and its very expensive. Worst reliability and after sales ever. One time one of our truck's chassis crack just because the side knocked a tree :stupid:. Oh and one thing. The price of one of this truck can buy you 2 japanese trucks :stupid:

Triton - This another rubbish for off road. Maybe it is good in city. Nice interior also. Got a display that tells you fuel consumption details as you drive. But the springs are damn hard. I have used so many trucks, but this is the only car that makes me sick and wana puke in off road. It's like riding on no springs. Maybe if you use on smooth roads it is ok. Power wise, it is ok. More or less like Dmax.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Earlier this month an Audi R8 driven by a 27-year old man from Gummersbach, Germany, spun out of control and eventually crashed into a barrier, killing the driver. According to police, the man behind the wheel of 420-PS R8 was not wearing his seatbelt but there was no evidence that he was excessively speeding.

Police said the driver probably didn’t adjust his speed to suit the wet conditions, causing the car to aquaplane...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience