3S-FE,GE,GTE Discussion/Gathering

ToyoRism

Known Member
May 27, 2007
may i ask something ??
Mines ECU for 3sgte got few different unit ? Or just 1 type only ?
How many boost bar n Hp will it do ?

kanazai2001

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
home
:adore:Thousand apologies, bro. The ST185 deal didn't worked out, that's why I didn't want to disturb you. So sorry, didn't mean to "fong fei kei".

Hah, I've been talking to Kanazai2001 & I don't even know that he's using BEAMS... how blur of me :laugh:

I'm also worried about getting parts for this engine. Hope Wong sifu will be able to assist me later. Will keep you guys informed when it's done. Thanks very much again.
turbo is :adore: n :burnout:
NA hav 2 step a side... :slug:
else kena :stickyman: n :help:
that time :bawling: oso tarak tear...

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
eyong-
blame me, not to be clear. bro

had plant in a SW20, 245 in the engine bay now... but it's still not stable as some setting and small issue are not sorted out yet.

haihz...
No problem ... I think the 3S-GTE from an SW20 may have different head/head internals than the GT-4's rite? You might want to check the CR if you are not already planned for thicker gaskets.

Maybe catch you for tt and some 3S talk later this year (fingers crossed) ...

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
eyong-
head is the same as st202 AND ST 205. BUT IF SW20, 245 into st185, numbers of thing to be change, alternator bracket and tensioning bearing and inlet for water as well. it's hell of shit to find those thing to make it happened.

lucky had make it true and running it now. lolx

bro, make sure you'll be coming though, else i'll start my engine to find you soon! lolz

No problem ... I think the 3S-GTE from an SW20 may have different head/head internals than the GT-4's rite? You might want to check the CR if you are not already planned for thicker gaskets.

Maybe catch you for tt and some 3S talk later this year (fingers crossed) ...

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
bro, if you have only the ECU, i would suggest to add on e-manage to fine tune the setting. as this after market ecu it's all per-set from mines themself base on their customer demand, which mean it's all custom tunning. what ever staff their customer have in their engine bay and that's what the customer gonna get.

you use it on other 3s-gte will not be that compatible unless everything you bought from the halfcut are all installed and get "mines"? guy over to fine tune after installation are done. or else you never know when its gonna kill your engine. you do not know what's the previous output had make, boosting on what pressure and fuel control and staff...

make it simple - mines ecu are custom tuned, base on customer's machine specification.

hm.. maybe it's not that clear, wait till i'm wake up. will fine tune it again.

cheers

may i ask something ??
Mines ECU for 3sgte got few different unit ? Or just 1 type only ?
How many boost bar n Hp will it do ?

Harris3s

500 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Kota Bharu Kelantan
Visit site
eyong-
head is the same as st202 AND ST 205. BUT IF SW20, 245 into st185, numbers of thing to be change, alternator bracket and tensioning bearing and inlet for water as well. it's hell of shit to find those thing to make it happened.

lucky had make it true and running it now. lolx

bro, make sure you'll be coming though, else i'll start my engine to find you soon! lolz
Bro GT4WD..

This sitiuations hv been headache mine lar... i bought da 245 engines n hv found a lot diffrent but u can customise it. Da water house n sensor is big prob. lol.

hope u Successs in ur mod.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
turbo is :adore: n :burnout:
NA hav 2 step a side... :slug:
else kena :stickyman: n :help:
that time :bawling: oso tarak tear...
:laugh: I get what you mean. I'll put on my indicator lights & move aside when I see a turbo coming in my rear view mirror next time.

Bro... 202R

congrate lar the step u hv choose....
put da pic lar here i wanna see beams h/cut.. in my place didnt find any.
How much u bought it?
Thanks, Ris. I'll post the pix up when it's done. Should be before Raya la... hopefully. Paid my mechanic RM 5.6k for the halfcut; dunno got kena slaughter or not coz no idea what's the market price for it but I thought if compared to Vtec halfcuts, it's reasonable la, I think.

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
bro, that's a hassle.

i've changed those to MR2 hoses and the sensor as well. but need to get the hose adapter from 202 or 205. or else water run not smooth

well, car is running now, but not well done yet. still trying to fine tune the stuff.

fainted though..
Bro GT4WD..

This sitiuations hv been headache mine lar... i bought da 245 engines n hv found a lot diffrent but u can customise it. Da water house n sensor is big prob. lol.

hope u Successs in ur mod.

ToyoRism

Known Member
May 27, 2007
i hv a set of mr2 rear dics...any 1 need it??

brother GT4, if i install all the stuff from the halfcut into my 3s...then my current 3s ma become sampah dee...:banghead: kesian ni....my 3s rally spec ECU can sell ah ? n the water intercooler too :P

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
mr2 rear disc masuk my LE la...
now my braking power no so good la...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Are they ventilated discs ? How much ?

Last edited:

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
2o2r-
your set of MR2 rear disk brake set.

ToyoRism-
bro, as i mentioned. you can use it but just be alert and be in monitor. you never know what's the tuning has been set from japan's mines.
more save its to get a e-manage thingy to control fuel, beside that i dont find it trouble, as like boost cut, fuel cut, speed cut and stuff i'm sure you dont need it. so, you need to monitor your fuel setting, fuel supply, water circulation and even air cooling or water cooling issue.

i believed your's are the RC/carols sainz version with water-cold, good stuff though. install it and run it with more alert before you get thing like e-manage, better fuel pump supply, fuel regulator and those are like standard mod stuff. if you tend to have high boost and high performance though.

some people wont use after market ECU like mines, Rally art, blitz but some people likes it.
- They like it cause of no more speed cut, fuel cut, boost cut thingy and can go as high as they like.
- For those who dont like it, they are concerned on the actual setting from the after market tuner, as those guys eventually customize their ECU tuning from those after market like mines, blitz and stuff. you never know what have they done.

in our 3S-Generation, one of our member are using blitz ECU and boosting happily but had already blow few engine, fuel issue, over boost issue and donno why blow the engine also happened. normally its over boost even with a boost controller. but his heavy footer la, and his got himselve a e-manage to control fuel already, and most of the stuff are well equip from end to end.
his having fun now lo

brother GT4, if i install all the stuff from the halfcut into my 3s...then my current 3s ma become sampah dee...:banghead: kesian ni....my 3s rally spec ECU can sell ah ? n the water intercooler too :P

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
The one thing you should note is aftermarket ecu from Japan is tuned to their 100 octane fuel. Some of here may go as low as 92 octane, wants high boost, a zillion or so horsepower, and 0-400m like a Top Secret Supra ... Mana Boleh ... Malaysia Tak Boleh, kali ni ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all Sifu, I've just bought a pair of sport@fog light. Thought of having it to installed by myself. Just wanna ask some question.

1. Do I need to install relay?
2. How many relay do I need? 1 pair?
3. How to connect / diagram to connect to the relay?

Hope all the 0-100 Sifu can me into install in via DIY... ..

Thank all in advance... :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience