3S-FE,GE,GTE Discussion/Gathering

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
eyong-
how i wish my engine it's not dead at the first place... would save enough money to get those babies~~!!! better then boobs ! lolz
Apa jadi ni? Engine die liao wor??? But don't worry, got a purpose built, bullet-proofed 3S-GTE engine with Autronic anti-lag, but but but ... you got to go down south to fetch it though *sign*

Hilux clutch???? I just can't help but smirk ... sorry, hahahaha ... Go Ogura (ORC) lor ... worth it in the longer run coz it's a bitch to replace 3S-GTE clutch lor ...

Harris3s

500 RPM
Dec 18, 2003
Kota Bharu Kelantan
Visit site
Gbox issue...

Supercharge also can but internal mod must be done.
im using 3sge gbox corona... but cluth plate cannot used ori 3sgte one.
must to mod da middle hole 21 teeth. although cannot match into 3sge gbox.

ive seen Ae111 wif 3sgte 4wd gbox from kuching.. dunno how they made it.

im looking to replace my cluth plate also..

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
eyong-
good one - Ogura (ORC) or else OS Zigen lolz

well, it was certified on the HPC track day 1 month ago. she's just discharged from workshop... with 245 engine, good condition but lots of stuff cannot re-used.... sign.... anyhow, she's back now and still under monitoring.

Harris3s-
you got that right bro. the most important thing its the center mouth, its either big or small. 3S-GTE is bigger but corona it's smaller. once sorted out this issue, what clutch plate also can use.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
eyong-
good one - Ogura (ORC) or else OS Zigen lolz

well, it was certified on the HPC track day 1 month ago. she's just discharged from workshop... with 245 engine, good condition but lots of stuff cannot re-used.... sign.... anyhow, she's back now and still under monitoring.
Sorry for being a lame arse, but what's a 245 engine :confused: :confused: :confused:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
I wanna thank everyone for being so generous with their knowledge & helpful with my noob questions. Unfortunately, my turbo quest has ended today. I've decided to stick to NA to save myself from all the trouble.

Anyway, I'm sorry I wasted you guys' time & I wanna say thank you again. I really appreciate all the help; especially bro GT4.

Any BEAMS owners in da house ? :biggrin:

Last edited:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
All engines will be trouble if u dont put oils inside..... hehe
That's not the trouble I meant. I decided not to convert to GTE because I was not happy with the gearbox issue. I'm definately not a richman but I think I still have enough money to buy engine oil la, bro. :biggrin:

I was thinking, if I get myself a MR2 g/box to mate with the GTE, frankly, I've to cough up more $$. Secondly, the GZE drive shafts are rather difficult to get these days. If I use my present GE g/box, the clutch plate's only 8.5" with no LSD. Should I decide to upgrade later down the road, don't think that's gonna hold.

I was down in KL on Thursday to check out a ST185 halfcut but the condition was not what I expected it to be. My friend then brought me around Segambut. Kepong, Subang, Kota Kamuning & Sunway chop shops but none of then had a GTE halfcut. Well, the shop in Sunway actually has 2 units of MR2 tail cuts; 1 turbo & 1 NA but no Celica. So don't wanna go home empty handed, just a bought a used Momo Race steering for my wife's car lor. Came home disappointed & decided to forget about the whole idea.

Then on Friday evening, a call came in informing that there's a BEAMS halfcut in KL. So went down again, yesterday & bought it :biggrin:. Actually, the BEAMS halfcut's more expensive than the GTE halfcut I wanted to buy. :hmmmm:So maybe now I'll have to borrow money from Ah Long to buy engine oil, huh...

Will post up the pix when it's done.

kanazai2001

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
home
:adore: BEAMer 202R...
wise choice... BEAMS is what u need... it comes with Helica LSD... is a RED K20A killer if u do up it properly... :biggrin:

:burnout: what u need now is ori ST150 drive shafts...

:idea: light upgrade parts... civic B16x mugen big fat air duct n K&N filter...

:itsme: n u got pm...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Thanks very much, Kanazai2001.

Dare not be so ambitious to dream of :eating: any K20s la, just don't kena left behind so far also very happy already :proud:. I wonder if it's as good as they say.I only know that it's very rare. So far, this is only the 2nd time I've seen one. The last one I saw was about 6/7 yrs ago in a chop shop in Ipoh. There were 2 units; 1 red & the other black, both floor units. I wanted to buy then but the red's been sold. The boss said that it was going into a SEG but I don't know who's. He asked me to take the black unit but I've never came across a black one so I searched the net & found out that the black one is from a RAV4 & its spec were much lower, that's why I didn't take it.

After that, I've been asking around almost every chop shop I went but no luck until yesterday.

I read from the book that the ST202 has 2 models (not incl. the convertible ST202C); namely the SS II / III. Do you know what's the difference between them ? Both models have the BEAMS engine but one of them is slightly heavier in weight.

Do you of anyone who's having this BEAMS engine ? Maybe we can exchange some notes & I could learn a thing or two from him regarding this engine.

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
2 Old 2 Rusty-
bro... i was waiting for your call and fall sleep... lolz

anyway, good choice you got there! dont give much hassle but not easy to maintain as well, it's rare.

so far, the only beam its K2k1 is using BEAMs on his ST180.

Anyway, happy for you to found something unique and it should save you more.

anyway, buzz us on the upgrade progress ~!

Happy Speeding!!

GT4WD

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2006
eyong-
blame me, not to be clear. bro

had plant in a SW20, 245 in the engine bay now... but it's still not stable as some setting and small issue are not sorted out yet.

haihz...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
2 Old 2 Rusty-
bro... i was waiting for your call and fall sleep... lolz

anyway, good choice you got there! dont give much hassle but not easy to maintain as well, it's rare.

so far, the only beam its K2k1 is using BEAMs on his ST180.

Anyway, happy for you to found something unique and it should save you more.

anyway, buzz us on the upgrade progress ~!

Happy Speeding!!
:adore:Thousand apologies, bro. The ST185 deal didn't worked out, that's why I didn't want to disturb you. So sorry, didn't mean to "fong fei kei".

Hah, I've been talking to Kanazai2001 & I don't even know that he's using BEAMS... how blur of me :laugh:

I'm also worried about getting parts for this engine. Hope Wong sifu will be able to assist me later. Will keep you guys informed when it's done. Thanks very much again.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Unless you’re a rap star, a gangster from the ‘hood’, a super celebrity or just love the attention, please stick to your 18” OZ’s or whatever(they serve a purpose) or even 20” Avanti’s for your SUV or car. Ok, 22” are still acceptable but not this. 30” is huge and mind boggling but 40” !!?? I don’t know what to say, there are no words in my vocabulary. It’s not that I’m...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience