3 way 6x9

shoot_sensei

Jun 2, 2009
heloo experts..i nid ur help..recently i bought a 3 way 6x9 spks...at dat time, i din noe much abt it so i jz sort of fixed it..nw ppl tel me dat i cnt use amp 4 d spk coz it makes d sound very crappy n wil hurt my ears..n i gt scolded coz according 2 dem, nobody buys 6x9 anymore..esp 3 way..im a bit of a dilemma hear..i like d sound of d spks even w/o d amp...shld i trade it in?pls advice me....

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
can la use amp if u want, just be careful on the gain control on the amp, dont put so high or sound will be distorted...

shoot_sensei

Jun 2, 2009
oh ok....do u have any recommendation of d spec dat i shld luk 4 in an amp?wt do u think abt kenko amp?i c many ppl selling it on d net...its quite cheap n wil it suit my situation?tq 4 ur response..

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
i have no comment on that amp, its cap ayam, but since youre only using 6x9 and not concerned with sound quality, u can buy anything that suits your budget.

shoot_sensei

Jun 2, 2009
ok i hera u bro...i have a fren who is sellin a v12 alpine amp...he sent me a pic of d amp bt i cnt make out d model...4 channel..il go 4 it i think...n bro, hw much does it cost 2 have an amp fixed?i checked wid champion, d givin me rm120..im nt sure wt kinda wiring..bt i gt another guy, he has no shop, bt he givin me rm250...sayin dat he is using big cables, way better than d 1 in shop...hw do i proceed?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
theres an immitation V12 amp going around in the market, so be careful la, if its cheap then its probly fake. real alpine v12 dont have bass and treble knobs at the side, check that out.

u can ask the 250 fella what cables he will be using, then u bring back to the 120 shop and compare what they charge using those type of cables...

shoot_sensei

Jun 2, 2009
oh i din noe dat..il b goin 2 check out d amp dis sunday...il b sure 2 look out for dat...im using alpine SPG-69C3...350 watts...thx 4 al d advice!!pls kip it cmg;)i wan 2 go dis sundy armed wid knowledge...

franKaboO

2,000 RPM
Jan 19, 2006
u jus need a gain setting and if u use amp.. juz dun blast it to loud... mostly for me i wont recoment using amp.. if u wanna use amp 4 chnnel u need 6x9 wit 450watts or 500watts..;.

shoot_sensei

Jun 2, 2009
bro d prob is d sound is mostly concentrated at the back spk oni..d frnt spk r barely audible.d guy tol me its coz lack of amp...yea i realised i salah beli d 6x9...wen i increase d volume too high, sakit telinga coz of d tweeter in d 3 way...

Bump: bro d prob is d sound is mostly concentrated at the back spk oni..d frnt spk r barely audible.d guy tol me its coz lack of amp...yea i realised i salah beli d 6x9...wen i increase d volume too high, sakit telinga coz of d tweeter in d 3 way...

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
thats why good sytems dont have any speaker at the back, just front components and a sub in the boot, kau tim...

ivanlee202

Jun 12, 2009
Bro looking at the 6x9 speakers you have, I have a remedy for you. If you are a technical guy, you will understand this much easier, I will try putting it as simple as possible. In ICE setup, front staging is always the priority, so make sure front is always louder that the back. I will teach you how to convert your 6x9 to a comp setup.

So don't throw away the 6x9, look closely at the speaker, did you see that there are 4 wires splitting the inputs. 2 wires to the twitter and 2 to the woofer. Power up these wire separately, the you eventually gain control of the woofers and twitters.

From here you can set the woofer to low pass and the twitter in high pass, plus volume control. The bad point is you will need a 4 channel amp to power it up.

Try it, with good setting you will have a decent bass without any box in the trunk.

shoot_sensei

Jun 2, 2009
brother ivanlee..tq for ur gr8 advice...i was losing slep over my oversight..i wil try it..n i wil vist d shop u recommended...

jimmylim85

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2005
Bro looking at the 6x9 speakers you have, I have a remedy for you. If you are a technical guy, you will understand this much easier, I will try putting it as simple as possible. In ICE setup, front staging is always the priority, so make sure front is always louder that the back. I will teach you how to convert your 6x9 to a comp setup.

So don't throw away the 6x9, look closely at the speaker, did you see that there are 4 wires splitting the inputs. 2 wires to the twitter and 2 to the woofer. Power up these wire separately, the you eventually gain control of the woofers and twitters.

From here you can set the woofer to low pass and the twitter in high pass, plus volume control. The bad point is you will need a 4 channel amp to power it up.

Try it, with good setting you will have a decent bass without any box in the trunk.
There is a special version of 6x9 from soundstream which is Tarantula SST6.9 which is 2-way with crossover module on each speaker. It has split termination for tweeter and bass, meaning you don't have to find those wire. Just plug in the sound output you require :biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro~!! i wan convert my kancil to 4wd.. any suggestion.. im still new in modi world.. and what i can use for rear brake disc also for kancil?..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience