2012 GT-R to pack 560hp and lighter SpecR variant

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It’s easy to get to the top but staying there is another question altogether and Nissan probably knows this all too well. They haven’t relented on fine-tuning and upgrading their GT-R year after year in an effort to keep it on the heels of supercars.

But just like every other great thing, it too must come to an end and the five year model cycle for the GT-R will enter its final year in 2012 and the automaker is planning to send off its flagship supercar on a high with a host of upgrades for the final year model.

The 2012 GT-R will be receiving a healthy bump in power to give it 560hp, 30 more than the current 530hp. Furthermore, a sharper SpecR version is also reportedly in the works that will see a reduction in weight of around 30-4-kg over the current model. The SpecR will have a gold engine cover to replace the current red one found in the bay of the SpecV.

According to 7Tune, testing on the new model has been pushed back a few months because of the earthquake that struck Japan in March but Nurburgring testing has been scheduled for the third quarter of the year.

Source: 7Tune

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
More power and lighter SpecR......I expect a minus 1 second off the Nurburgring from the 2012 GTR's time

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
i reckon that the time in nurburgring should be slightly more than 1s. even for a car like this 30hp and minus 30kg is pretty big. i just love nissan monsters.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
maybe i'm a bit late but does Nissan not continuing Skyline? I dunno that.
what about G37/V37?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Car is 1974 GTO.2000cc Rear Wheel
All thing in car die.
engine dont know 5 year no start.
body many broke already inside got sands,inside car got insect.
steel need to cut off and put new one.
paint die.
5 year did't touch the car.
How can i make it on the road with style.With Drift
What engine recomend to transplant?
How about the car Body?
What should i need to do?
Recommend me any workshop with good experience and got do paint and transplant together is better.
How much i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience