2009 Lancer Ralliart- Evo Alternative?

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

Over the weekend Mitsubishi announced the arrival of the all new Lancer Ralliart. Bare in mind, that this is no evo. A new 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC intercooled turbocharged engine that produces an estimated 235 horsepower powers the car. The engine is linked to Mitsubishi’s Twin-Clutch-SST gearbox, which features manual and automatic shift modes.

Positioned between the regular Lancer sedan and the new Evo X, the car is visually distinguished by a more aggressively styled front bumper design, rear bumper cover, dual outlet muffler and a lightweight aluminium, ducted hood that delivers the turbo with cooled air.

The Lancer Ralliart’s full-time 4wd features Mitsubishi’s Active Center Differential (ACD). The ACD unit employs an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch center differential, vectoring drive torque to the front and rear according to different driving conditions.

Available equipment and options to include: Recaro seats, HID headlights, 650 watt Rockford Fosgate 9-speaker audio system, Sirius satellite radio, power sunroof, and a 30 GB Hard Drive Navigation System.

Source: Leftlanenews

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Basically Mitsubishi's answer to the Subaru Impreza WRX whereas the Evo dukes it out with arch rival the STi.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Basically Mitsubishi's answer to the Subaru Impreza WRX whereas the Evo dukes it out with arch rival the STi.
Mitsu should make Evo X shorter like STi, and Lancer-RalliArt remain in this shape.

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Still like the 3 and 6.5 TME . From the 7 onwards, the external look become less 'racing spirit'. This version X even worst. The Recaro seats won't help much.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
The latest version of the Evo X or Lancer GT or this Lancer Ralliart, need lotsa $$$ in order to make it 'nicer' as compare to the other Evos & Lancers... Hv seen lotsa Jap mag abt it, but frankly speaking not many rims tht wil look good on the Evo X... It looks a bit odd... Waiting to see what bodykits wil Voltex, Varis, HKS Kansai, INGs n etc etc wil hv to make it look 'cooler'!!!

Performance wise, no need to say la... KENG!!!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Sometimes the machine and its reputation clouds the objective judgement of people. I'm not singling anyone out in particular, just an observation of people in general. For example, the Evo 6 was (still is) an awesome car and a rallying legend. But to be honest, it isn't a good looking car. It's cool because of its performance and image, but it is not good looking.

I would say, the latter Evo's looks have grown up and gone more mainstream (just as the car itself), a lot more polished. You can't say it isn't a striking looking car (I'm talking about the Evo X, of course). Nowadays it looks less like a pumped up 3 box Japanese saloon with lots of plastic bits slapped on, which is essentially what rally cars used to look like (which is what the 3 and the 6.5 looked like).

Last edited:

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
since the engine output is much less than the Evo X, n higher than the 2.0GT, i think it will also be a rival to Civic Type R.
Lancer Ralliart or Civic Type R?....

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
If you're a track junkie, Civic Type R, no doubt. It really excels there.

But if you do most your driving in all sorts of conditions, Lancer Ralliart.

Personally, I'd probably still go for the Golf GTi, for a bit more refinement, quality and class.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Auto Turbo car lol.. this time Golf GTI got competitor coming man...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,

Izzit ok to reset ECU by disconnecting the battery terminal often?... I found my car fuel comsumption is better by do it.

Pls advise.

Tks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience