2005 Iswara LMST Catalytic converter delete.

saweet999

May 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Im bored and thinking what I should do with my car. A friend of mine has a 4a-ge engine in his car with out a catalytic converter and his exhaust pops, and crackles on the over run or when down shifting like a WRC rally car. I love it, but i am not so fortunate since i have a 4g13 lol, I want to go to an exhaust shop, cut out the catalytic converter and just weld a pipe in its place. What you guys think? how will it change the sound?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
definately LOUD :biggrin:

power might increase a bit....FC not sure (most likely would increase FC)

other than that need more expert ppl says.... :adore:

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Your engine is a carb engine. No cat con. Just a mid silencer.

If you want popping noise, go do a staight pipe, and fit a small straight flow muffler.

Sure will snap crackle pop.

But then again, you fall in to the ah beng category. Mod kereta tak cukup duit. Stock wheels, stock suspension, but big loud exhaust.

Malay people will say bunyi macam ribut, jalan macam siput.

saweet999

May 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
u sure it has no cat? what if i just get rid of the mid silencer? i like the tone of the muffler. also if i go stright pipe, how wide should the pipping be? i dont really care about super performance, i live in traffic jam pj haha but i would like to piss people off from the noice haha

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
I can give you usless advice. Fuel consumption might increase as well.

See all those ah bengs and macha wira and iswara, they do a straight pipe, crosses under the fuel tank, yeah, you can do that.

Then do 2 inch piping. Sure will get the effect you need, and if you want, can tune your carb to slightly richer, so when down shifting from high speed fire will sometimes come out.

Do it only if your face really really thick enough lor.

saweet999

May 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
lol now im gonna just keep stock piping, cut the silencer first and see how it sounds, if not satisfied next will cut away the muffler and just weld a pipe same size in its place , if it sounds really annoying ill just put the muffler back on.

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
Ok, my own experience. Cut the mid box, fix waja 1, cuz bigger and straight.
Is waja mid box not cat conv.
Cut the tail pipe starting before the coupling. Fit 2" pipe with imitation branded exhaust such as 5zigen or apex, must imitated 1 cuz they are not so silent. Rule of thumb: 2" can support till 200 bhp.
Fuel consumption, RM10 = 52km at middle ring road II running. Traffic jam may lesser on the kms..
How I know? I tried this, From run until dry, stop at road side, put RM10 run until dry again. Haha.
Very loud, can hear in a walking distance of 7mins away straight road.
Idle time sound like boxer. High rev time will get what u want as u describe.
Anyway, I mod it back to more conservative after a couple of week to have better fuel consumption, cuz most of the time I running at MRR II. and also want to enjoy my ICE.
The pick up from 80kmh to 120kmh is in seconds, drink fuel also in second. Max speed is only 135kmh.

Last edited:

ATCO

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
malaysia
anybody knows roughly how much d price for a 3" diameter catalytic con. im thinkin of re-install back cat-con on my car. less damage to d enviroment..

saweet999

May 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
acceleration improves... top speed reduce abit...
some one explained it to me scientifically, i understand that it might hurt bottom end power but more power with higher rpm. I just want it to pop ...etc still trying to figure out how to make the carb abit more rich on lmst, the carb is different than my dads old iswara. btw is this a problem with jpj or police?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody knows where I can install a bolt on turbo system for my cefiro A32 3.0 model? This is a great car with a V6 engine and the power is actually not too bad but I imagine it would be so much better if I can install a turbo onto it.
So, if anyone knows how or where I can get this done, pls let me know. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience