2005 German GP of Nurburg

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Man ohh man... if I was Kimi I would have been so dissapointed and crying after what happened man.... If only he slowed down abit, maybe take 2nd or 3rd place... better than nothing. Mercedes must have been so upset at their home GP too.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
10 to 0. Sorry for Kimi, but McLaren shall have call him in for checking (Or Maybe McLaren mech dunno how to fix it?) . I watch the replay, the strong vibration start even 8 laps before the race end.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
BlackSamurai said:
10 to 0. Sorry for Kimi, but McLaren shall have call him in for checking (Or Maybe McLaren mech dunno how to fix it?) . I watch the replay, the strong vibration start even 8 laps before the race end.
can't blame the team or Kimi...i would think McLaren would have not called in Kimi and risk losing position...even if they call i think Kimi would object to the decision made by the team...and the degradation of the tyres was not any fault of Kimi or Michellin...it was purely Kimi's duties of driving the wheels of that car and secure the most points he can...

furthermore, i think there would be complications in changing Kimi's tyres...i think the rules only allow any changes of tyres to be made if it was punctured...FIA was the biggest fool for creating this new 1 tyre rule...i think it is endangering the safety of the sport...looking at the playback of the crash...how close was Kimi to Buton...Kimi nearly rear ended Button...and the tyre was so close to hitting Kimi on his head from the looks of the video...if the wheel retainer was broken it would have been a disaster and even a fatality incident...

the teams should put this in mind and protest against this ridiculous rule...we wouldn't want anymore high speed tyre blown ups in the future...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
McLaren want to lose a race or a driver?
safety come first.

but agree with butthead, the 1 tire set for the entire GP is ridiculous.

Wira v6 MIVEC

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
Engine Bay
Me too...fell so sorry 4 kimi..if not the tyre..he sure win adi wan...but its ok la...there r
many races to go...so lets c..hope he does well in the coming races..Mclaren RULEZ!!

Last edited:

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
frankly when u are in a position where u can win n there are only 2 to 3 laps to go.. a racing driver would not want to pit and he would rather take the chance.. espeacially a competitive 1 like kimi..

and btw its not the tyre rules fault that causes the blow up.. i mean its how u drive the car.. alonso n other michelin drivers dint blow up too even they push really hard.. kimi's tyre problem was inflicted by the way he drove the race today.. he had a couple of errors (off to the gravel and lock ups) and that destroys his tyres

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
GT3 said:
frankly when u are in a position where u can win n there are only 2 to 3 laps to go.. a racing driver would not want to pit and he would rather take the chance.. espeacially a competitive 1 like kimi..

and btw its not the tyre rules fault that causes the blow up.. i mean its how u drive the car.. alonso n other michelin drivers dint blow up too even they push really hard.. kimi's tyre problem was inflicted by the way he drove the race today.. he had a couple of errors (off to the gravel and lock ups) and that destroys his tyres
the fault of the tyre blowing up was partly due to Kimi as he locked up a few times...but as a driver he has his duties of pushing to the limit to get the maximum number of points for both his teams and himself...and he also knows that he does not really has that much of an advantage over Alonso as he pitted much earlier compared to Alonso...

gambling his position is not much of a choice either...they really did not have any options to choose from...not being able to change tyres really did screw up his race...if he were able to change tyres he would have went in to pit much sooner before his tyres and lap time deteriorated..at least he would have a better chance of coming back out and attack at a much more faster pace than letting Alonso close in on him...even Rubens first win at Hockenheim if i am not wrong few years back was much of a risk...half of the track was raining and wet while the other was dry...with around 10laps to go Mika pitted for wets and Rubens stayed on dry tyres...was fast on dry sector of the track and Rubens and Mika was fast on the wet sector and Rubens finished winning the race...a stunning P18 to P1...

Last edited:

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
butthead said:
the fault of the tyre blowing up was partly due to Kimi as he locked up a few times...but as a driver he has his duties of pushing to the limit to get the maximum number of points for both his teams and himself...and he also knows that he does not really has that much of an advantage over Alonso as he pitted much earlier compared to Alonso...

erm well thats the point.. now a driver need to take care of his tyres and at the sametime drive at the limit.. that require alot of driver's ability.. a driver hav to be good in driving and at the sametime be very intelligent.. push when u can and when u cant drive sensiblely to mimimize damage.. i admire kimi's driving but honestly it seems that alonso are smarter in terms of racing (personally i think both should be abt the same level in terms of driving, mayb kimi hav some edge sometimes mayb alonso have it other times)

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
butthead said:
and the tyre was so close to hitting Kimi on his head from the looks of the video...if the wheel retainer was broken it would have been a disaster and even a fatality incident...
The wheel retainer is to protect against the wheel flying out to hit other people like marshals or other staff.

Nowadays the wheels can't hit the driver's helmet because of the raised height of the cockpit protecting the driver.

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
cyclonite said:
The wheel retainer is to protect against the wheel flying out to hit other people like marshals or other staff.

Nowadays the wheels can't hit the driver's helmet because of the raised height of the cockpit protecting the driver.
sure enough.... but i was blurdy close to making a pancake out of his head...

anyhow, so blurdy ironic... last lap, after leading the entire race.... so close, yet so far....

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
another thing.... yes his tyres had problems... they shook like nobodys business... but in the slow-mo, his suspension went kaboom first right?? due to the wobbling wheel and tyre of course...

Acoustic

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Hong Kong
www.my-acoustic.com
the 1 tyres set rules reduces driver's opportunity for 100% speed and made them into strategies

25% (lets see who got a problem and retired so that I don't have to push so hard)
25% (lets see - don't hurt my tyres, 3 stops strategy works)
25% (lets see - carry less fuel is faster naturally, 3 stops strategy works)
25% (lets see - no one else got problem, I got no problem, ok lah go fast)

what's the point of F1?

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
GT3 said:
butthead said:

erm well thats the point.. now a driver need to take care of his tyres and at the sametime drive at the limit.. that require alot of driver's ability.. a driver hav to be good in driving and at the sametime be very intelligent.. push when u can and when u cant drive sensiblely to mimimize damage.. i admire kimi's driving but honestly it seems that alonso are smarter in terms of racing (personally i think both should be abt the same level in terms of driving, mayb kimi hav some edge sometimes mayb alonso have it other times)
driving sensibly is also one of the things they need to do among 100s of others...but tyre wear is uncontrollable right...u could not possibly ask a driver to drive as slow as possible to prevent tyre damage right...if FIA were trying to limit tyre use like 2 sets per race then i would not argue...no tyre change is too much...

a much simillar scenario to Kimi's one would be Schumacher in Barcelona...his tyres was noticably bald and i don't think he was not pacing himself to preserve his set of tyres...i remember he did post quite a few fast laps before his pits...in this sort of situations what could the drivers do except waiting for his tyres to explode...and for Schumacher's set of tyres...changing only the punctured ones was only waiting for disaster as that track heavily wears out left tyres...they also know that sooner or later the left front would puncture, jus not as fast as 1 lap after changing 1 of the tyres...

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
cyclonite said:

"The wheel retainer is to protect against the wheel flying out to hit other people like marshals or other staff" very true as it increases of the sport...but lets face it...there is a 50-50 chance that the retainer might break during a collision...and 1 as high speed as Kimi's one is jus plain dangerous...

the first race with wheel retainer rule were also marred by a marshal death...it was at Australia Albert Park...the incident were a crash between Ralf and Jacques...the wheel apparently flew off and through a hole in the safety perimeter fence and hit the marshal in the chest...that was the year after the Monza marshal death...maybe you'd think that was the first race and the first year the rule was implemented...but i think that that was not the only time the retainer broke...

my point is although they would have designed the retainer to be safe enough not to hit the driver...there is still an unknown factor that could cause it to break...and imagine if Kimi's retainer broke...it would have been another great driver lost...

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
butthead said:
GT3 said:
driving sensibly is also one of the things they need to do among 100s of others...but tyre wear is uncontrollable right...u could not possibly ask a driver to drive as slow as possible to prevent tyre damage right...if FIA were trying to limit tyre use like 2 sets per race then i would not argue...no tyre change is too much...

a much simillar scenario to Kimi's one would be Schumacher in Barcelona...his tyres was noticably bald and i don't think he was not pacing himself to preserve his set of tyres...i remember he did post quite a few fast laps before his pits...in this sort of situations what could the drivers do except waiting for his tyres to explode...and for Schumacher's set of tyres...changing only the punctured ones was only waiting for disaster as that track heavily wears out left tyres...they also know that sooner or later the left front would puncture, jus not as fast as 1 lap after changing 1 of the tyres...

well frankly there are many factors a driver couldnt control.. tyre puncture is 1 of them.. and as for schumacher's case.. the reason his tyre burst don think was clarify yet but the team n bridgestone personnal was suspecting that it caught some debris if my memory serves me right

and kimi's case wasnt really so much the same.. i mean if u look at the way he drove yday.. i think he overabuse the car.. i know he has alonso eating up his lead n therefore he needs to push but when ur car has a limit u better stick to the limit.. n not over it.. its better i presume to hav alonso catch up and defend him with a more preserve set of tyre.. f1 is so hard to overtake now when u are faster by a couple second also may not be able to overtake.. provided u are smart.. this was show by Mr Alonso during imola grand prix

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

“In the past, the government drove Proton to invest in technology capable of building its own engine, its own car and to move away from rebadging. For years, the dealers had to sell these vehicles with a very thin margin, and the public had to pay more for Proton cars due to a higher cost of production.

Unlike the previous NAP, which was silent on Perodua as a national car, NAP 2014 stated Perodua as a national car, although Perodua is foreign-owned and only rebadging already...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience