1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
1.Remove the flare, square always better for handling. Unless you wanna be about the looks > handling. Staggered setup will induce understeer - science
2.Oil cooler fan? Is it necessary? Most oil cooler setup seems fine if you have airflow/ducted
3. 245 width is plenty for a square setup. On a BMW F30, Apex Racing (guys who make rotary forged rims) recommend 235/40/18 as the ideal tire size, with 245/40/18 also a viable option for track setup. I'm pretty sure there are guys winning races with 235 over 265.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20103850&postcount=8

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro you have over 360 freaking turbo horses to the ground without traction control! I only have half that and I already use 245 tires. BMW 328i F30 MSport with only around 200WHP with all the electronic aids already uses 255 tires. You see yourself how much space you have left with your current size, so going up another 2 cm will be just nice. I suppose you'd have good driving skills to tame this beast.
Not the skill issue, it's the offset and rim size. These rims are 8J. To fit 245/40/17 which was what I was on - the offset were taken from a 5-series and the rim even though 8.5J wasn't wide enough. I'd need to find 9J or 10J rims for this car with the appropriate offset which is hard la to fit 255/260 profile tyres man. Right now with my 225/45/17 the car is light on its feet compared to the old 245/40 rear setup. Ok la.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You not oomph kaki mah! He wants wheel spins......hahhahhahahhaha
Since downsizing, I haven't had a single case of wheelspin la. 1bar boost and 268ftlb of torque isn't enough to spin anything much less the wheels.

Hahaha that's what I thought so too. If wants to drift then yeah, use less tires. For me I want the most grip, coz no skill to control drift leh.

Btw this monster got LSD or not?
Unfortunately no LSD

1.Remove the flare, square always better for handling. Unless you wanna be about the looks > handling. Staggered setup will induce understeer - science
2.Oil cooler fan? Is it necessary? Most oil cooler setup seems fine if you have airflow/ducted
3. 245 width is plenty for a square setup. On a BMW F30, Apex Racing (guys who make rotary forged rims) recommend 235/40/18 as the ideal tire size, with 245/40/18 also a viable option for track setup. I'm pretty sure there are guys winning races with 235 over 265.

1. True. I am square at the moment. Might go 235 next round but tyre brand choices is extremely limited.
2. Actually I don't know. Right now I am having high water temps in jams which is my main issue at the moment. If I re-route my oil cooler to the side it'll have it's own cooling route/duct but nothing when in a jam so not sure if I need one. I'm researching this at the moment.
3. I don't want to go 18 la. Come on man - on a daily that's overkill. Until I'm truly confident the car can take the punishment I don't think I'll ever want to bring this car on track. And 18" tyres are by no means cheap! (The models and brands I want aren't. Don't tell me there are cheaper options at the expense of grip and safety).

Reactions: alcyon

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
Since downsizing, I haven't had a single case of wheelspin la. 1bar boost and 268ftlb of torque isn't enough to spin anything much less the wheels.

Unfortunately no LSD

1. True. I am square at the moment. Might go 235 next round but tyre brand choices is extremely limited.
2. Actually I don't know. Right now I am having high water temps in jams which is my main issue at the moment. If I re-route my oil cooler to the side it'll have it's own cooling route/duct but nothing when in a jam so not sure if I need one. I'm researching this at the moment.
3. I don't want to go 18 la. Come on man - on a daily that's overkill. Until I'm truly confident the car can take the punishment I don't think I'll ever want to bring this car on track. And 18" tyres are by no means cheap! (The models and brands I want aren't. Don't tell me there are cheaper options at the expense of grip and safety).
Pasang LSD la tunggu apa lagi.

Told you already for so long liao, change to SPAL fans bruh. Don't kill your 5 figure engine just because of rm1k+ fans. Oil cooler most people wouldn't need a fan. I plan to enter Sepang one day so I'll need all the cooling I can which is why I installed a fan on mine. Normal drive or occasional Genting, no need fan also can.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

build the rev! dump the clutch!

haha obviously u still didnt whack it hard enough...

my 2xx whp awd still manage to spin light-loaded wheel side if i hoon it 225/50-17 tyre

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

235/40/18 is too small in terms of overall diameter for F30 so the fender gap is bigger/uglier, and the tire is too thin profile, will be harsh ride. 245/10/18 is minimum for car this size.

Not the skill issue, it's the offset and rim size. These rims are 8J. To fit 245/40/17 which was what I was on - the offset were taken from a 5-series and the rim even though 8.5J wasn't wide enough. I'd need to find 9J or 10J rims for this car with the appropriate offset which is hard la to fit 255/260 profile tyres man. Right now with my 225/45/17 the car is light on its feet compared to the old 245/40 rear setup. Ok la.
Waa so much power yet only use 225/45/17?? 8jj can still use 245/40 actually, just like my fronts now, will look just nicely square on the rim. To fit 255/265, can use 9jj enough already. Seriously 225 is way too small for your car, especially with that much power. My wife's Livina is using the same tire size as yours also. :lol:

Unfortunately no LSD

As bro pomen said, that means you're not yet whacking it hard enough. :D

Better install LSD then.

Got cheap but cheerful tires: Hankook V12 Evo 2, for 245/40/18 only around rm450/pc. Pretty good tires already IMHO, the best value for money now (unless later can find the new Falken FK510), tested by Car & Driver Magazine in the US last year and ended up beating the F1A3! :lol: I'm using it on my wife's Livina btw, pretty happy with them.

Auto lerr... apa clutch :laugh:
Huh automatic??? I thought all this while was manual wor!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Pasang LSD la tunggu apa lagi.

Told you already for so long liao, change to SPAL fans bruh. Don't kill your 5 figure engine just because of rm1k+ fans. Oil cooler most people wouldn't need a fan. I plan to enter Sepang one day so I'll need all the cooling I can which is why I installed a fan on mine. Normal drive or occasional Genting, no need fan also can.
SPAL will come. Just wait for budget la. Not cheap leh. And LSD you think drops from sky meh. I'm still fine tuning my exhaust, it's still on the side of too noisy and stinky.

Auto lerr... apa clutch :laugh:
Nabeh.. apa auto. R154 is not an auto :thefinger:

Waa so much power yet only use 225/45/17?? 8jj can still use 245/40 actually, just like my fronts now, will look just nicely square on the rim. To fit 255/265, can use 9jj enough already. Seriously 225 is way too small for your car, especially with that much power. My wife's Livina is using the same tire size as yours also. :lol:

As bro pomen said, that means you're not yet whacking it hard enough. :D
huh.. 8JJ with 245/40 is stupid la. Like I said the old tyre and rim combo for the rear was 245/40 and it was barely holding on in terms of sidewall. Minimum need 9JJ and I haven't seen any that I like or can afford. Slowly la. Your Livina using 225/40/17 is insanely huge.. maybe I'm just used to smaller tyres.

Today I managed to test top speed on the car and I think I want a 6th gear. Thank god for digital GPS speedos.

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
SPAL will come. Just wait for budget la. Not cheap leh. And LSD you think drops from sky meh. I'm still fine tuning my exhaust, it's still on the side of too noisy and stinky.

huh.. 8JJ with 245/40 is stupid la. Like I said the old tyre and rim combo for the rear was 245/40 and it was barely holding on in terms of sidewall. Minimum need 9JJ and I haven't seen any that I like or can afford. Slowly la. Your Livina using 225/40/17 is insanely huge.. maybe I'm just used to smaller tyres.

Today I managed to test top speed on the car and I think I want a 6th gear. Thank god for digital GPS speedos.
Holy shit man I thought yours was an auto weyh. God damn rare unicorn you got there man 1jz manual BMW e46. The body itself was originally manual or auto though?

How much la top speed? Share screenshot pls Hehe

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Holy shit man I thought yours was an auto weyh. God damn rare unicorn you got there man 1jz manual BMW e46. The body itself was originally manual or auto though?

No.....top speed cannot reveal now.
It will be reveal during riding shotgun to lucky few only.the rest need to fill up RM30 of RON97 to qualify for a ride.If recommend more than 3 friend cam get at RM10.
Just remember...the owner will be driving.If you wish to drive, need to sign LOU complete with COA chop and sign.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

You thought it was an auto? Seriously? Haha! Not really rare to be honest. The body was originally auto unfortunately. Top speed I can't screen shot cuz I drive with two hands la. Need both hands!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No.....top speed cannot reveal now.
It will be reveal during riding shotgun to lucky few only.the rest need to fill up RM30 of RON97 to qualify for a ride.If recommend more than 3 friend cam get at RM10.
Just remember...the owner will be driving.If you wish to drive, need to sign LOU complete with COA chop and sign.
Haha! You're hired as my personal line queue manager man. LOL!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

how fast ur heart rate ? lol...

Nightstalker1993

Known Member
Aug 30, 2010
Subang Jaya
You thought it was an auto? Seriously? Haha! Not really rare to be honest. The body was originally auto unfortunately. Top speed I can't screen shot cuz I drive with two hands la. Need both hands!
Ya weyh I thought it was Auto Haha. Old man liao usually find auto car ma :laugh:

Screen record the screen during the run la then can see 0-100 times one shot also hehe

Haha! You're hired as my personal line queue manager man. LOL!
I get to skip the queue because I gave you taxi ride last time :laugh::burnout:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya weyh I thought it was Auto Haha. Old man liao usually find auto car ma :laugh:

Screen record the screen during the run la then can see 0-100 times one shot also hehe

I get to skip the queue because I gave you taxi ride last time :laugh::burnout:
He put heart and soul into this already, if auto, he wouldn't bother too much.....hhahahhahah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi seniors...i'm very new here...i hope u guys dont mind im posting a new thread...
err...
hv anyone heard of sureoyl..? its kinda still new in the market...
anyone tried before..?
heard from a benz e200 user, its at par with shell lube, by the way he is referring to semi 10w/40
any comments...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience