17 Hurt in Drag Crash at Million Youth Rally 2012

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
victim learn a lesson? what kind of bull sh*t is this bro? are u sane? or do u go around running down people on the street and ask them to learn a lesson? dafuq man

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
ixeo
- yes, it's a lesson for the victim as well as the others. Don't risk your life if you already know there's just a thin fence to keep u distance from the track. Referring to earlier posts, the marshals did warned about not to get close to the fence am i right? they have been warned and should keep in mind that's a big gamble for them to stand close to the railings.

AlucarD
- i'm quite upset with your statement. You should be gain more friends rather than enemies, in your statement, wishing me to be one of the victim is kinda cruel ain't it? Despite what you've said, i don't take personal grudge, i just tell my personal opinion and it's either u respect that or STFU. There's always 2 part of the story, in this incident both the victims and organizer should learn a lesson even from the slightest mistake.

infinity.melvin
- yup, i stand firm with my statement. It should be much more safer to be on the other side of the track as there's railings and trees. Lesson learned, don't put all your trust to the thin fence to protect you from being run over. I'm not bullshitting or running people down the streets, this is just my personal opinion based on the tragic incident, don't be over dramatic.. No one wants to be run over or the other way around.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Danz, u're a moderator and should've know that RWD is among the famous faces in drag scene(especially in the US). Ah Fai's drift A31 also did participate in SDB some years back.. i guess an enthusiast should know the 1st point.
**ah fai is a professional driver, u give him FF,FR,RR car also he will be able to handle it, how can an begginner handle a 600hp RWD car? he has to go thru alot of driving courses 1st, even my previous mech (40 yr old man) can even handle my 200++ hp car at mid boost.

2nd point, this is what we call loss of traction.. i assume u're driving a turbo perdana, and u did feel the 'buang' during rough take off/sprint(in this case 'wheel hop' or spin since it's FWD)
**yes i know the lancer did loose traction at the beginning, but how come loose traction later on? running on bald tires? did not warm up his tires at 1st?
3rd point, i did came n become spectator in most of MUSC drag events and they DO have marshals.. but have u been to any of this event? please do and experience it.. share your experience here. FYI, please stand as far as possible to avoid from being run over by those sub-1000hp machines.
**im sure all of us has been a spectator in some drag battle events...but have u driven in its event before or not? i used to drag a couple of times but it was organized by car clubs means i dont run with all those 600hp++ monsters.
I'm not bashing u Danz, but, believe me this is just an info sharing with you since i think that you're unclear about RWD joining drag( FYI, there's FWD participate in drift too ). But what i believe that this particular rider failed to control this car which resulted to this accident. I don't want to talk about the other part as most of us see n read what happened. All i hope that the victims learned a lesson and InsyaAllah recover from the injuries soon.
**ive seen alot of RWD cars participate in drag battles, but at least they are well know of how to handle their cars. its not just floor the accelerator when the light turns green, its all about control, u control the car not the car control u.

As for the others, yes, we do need an official drag strip.. and please don't make it too expensive as majority of us who love and support grassroots drag scene has a lot of other commitment in terms of money. Kesian kat kami.. kami pun nak motorsports jugak!
**just be patient...the drag strip will be built soon.Peace to all of you, Assalamualaikum.
my replies in red

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

YRvi,
u just imagine if 1 of the 17 persons injured is your relatives or family members, would u be
backing up the driver or still blaming those injured just because they ignored the announcements from the organizer?
marshals should be placed thru out the drag strip to ensure spectators do not cross the danger line.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

when organizing a drag event, the most important u need to take into account is SAFETY 1ST!!!! not only
think bout gaining profit...if only thinking bout profit, this is wat u get, in the end other ppl need to suffer......
luckily no one died....if there is the organizer will be in deep trouble. dont only announce, must take action.....if spectators dont
wanna listen. TAKE ACTION!! not claim lives.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
ixeo
- yes, it's a lesson for the victim as well as the others. Don't risk your life if you already know there's just a thin fence to keep u distance from the track. Referring to earlier posts, the marshals did warned about not to get close to the fence am i right? they have been warned and should keep in mind that's a big gamble for them to stand close to the railings.
if i go to an event, regardless if its motorsports, fireworks, gay parade, bersih etc. the fence separates the danger zone and the safe zone. as long as they are behind the fence, it is safe.

if the spectator breaches the fence on a motorsports event, he might get run over the car
if the spectator breaches the fence at a fireworks display, he might get burnt
if the spectator breaches the fence at a gay parade, the gays might think he is one of them and humps his ass as a parade display
if the spectator breaches the fence at bersih rally he gets his ass beaten by the police (which has happened)

if they stay behind the fence, its safe. otherwise what is the purpose of the fence? for display purposes? I thought it was a drag event not fence display event.

in all motorsports event, the spectators will get as close as possible to the barricade the organizers have put up. otherwise WHY THE FUCK do i want to go watch it live?

that's in Malaysia, proper barriers and you can see the spectators are leaning onto the barrier.

Malaysia as well, barriers and fence, and EVERYBODY LEANS ON THE FENCE. Organizer setup a buffer area between fence and track.

this is on the STREETS of Dublin, not a track, as you can see EVERYBODY LEANS ONTO THE FENCE.

as you can see, again, spectators LEAN ON THE FENCE, but the organizer set another buffer area with concrete blocks (?) to separate the fence and the track.

Last edited:

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL

YRvi,
u just imagine if 1 of the 17 persons injured is your relatives or family members, would u be
backing up the driver or still blaming those injured just because they ignored the announcements from the organizer?
Danz,
It's quite disturbing having ur close relatives involved in such accidents. And it's rather frustrating when everyone starts to blame each other. It doesn't solve anything, that incident happens, it happened, end of story. If it possible, get the compensation, do it a proper, legal way. Those people who went for the event already choose to face and assess the possibility of worst case scenario.
Even if my relatives or family members were involved in it, they've think about it thoroughly about the risk of being hit.. i won't blame any of them, they already know the consequences of how things can turn bad. I'd do my best to get them medical attention and compensation(if it's possible) So, what u gonna do if u're in that same position?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
YRvi,
non of my relatives or friends were hurt in that incident, but i heard that there were 'mak cik's
that brought their kids & let them wonder around the track area.....& they dunno the danger over there.
thats y its the organizers duty to ensure safety of those spectators.

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Danz,
It's quite disturbing having ur close relatives involved in such accidents. And it's rather frustrating when everyone starts to blame each other. It doesn't solve anything, that incident happens, it happened, end of story. If it possible, get the compensation, do it a proper, legal way. Those people who went for the event already choose to face and assess the possibility of worst case scenario.
Even if my relatives or family members were involved in it, they've think about it thoroughly about the risk of being hit.. i won't blame any of them, they already know the consequences of how things can turn bad. I'd do my best to get them medical attention and compensation(if it's possible) So, what u gonna do if u're in that same position?
ok, i get your statement. so now my question to you.

what is your comment on the way the organizer responded to the incident?

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
ixeo

AlucarD
- i'm quite upset with your statement. You should be gain more friends rather than enemies, in your statement, wishing me to be one of the victim is kinda cruel ain't it? Despite what you've said, i don't take personal grudge, i just tell my personal opinion and it's either u respect that or STFU. There's always 2 part of the story, in this incident both the victims and organizer should learn a lesson even from the slightest mistake.
Awwww...... You feel quite upset but you are not even a victim??! Imagine how the real victim would have felt. If you organize an event it is your responsibility to make sure that spectators are safe. No fence? Make one! No marshals? Hire some? Oil slick on the road? Stop the race! Don't go and blame the spectators when something goes wrong and justify that by saying its a lesson and two sides of the story cow poo. You are sending the wrong message by implying that "mari mari come to drag event at your own risk. We have 600hose power machine that can plough into you but don't worry you may learn a lesson if you are still alive after that"

Common Bro, your personal opinion have to make sense also .... Else why want to respect you and how to STFU.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If any event that is gonna be organise by YRvi, I don't think I feel secure to attend that event knowing that I will have to
learn the lesson the hard way if I want to enjoy the race...

Photos posted by IXEO is the best way to ensure the level of safety precaution is there. Safety has always been the main
priority for any event, Gay Event or F*** event or whatsoever...

If not enough money, dun organise...want cut cost on hiring marshals? don't even bother organising.
If you cant ensure the level of safety is there, who would wanna attend your event?

Attend with our own risk? Organisers can't expect the fans to be aware of the danger as they are all hot and
crazy during the event. They won't bother much/unaware of the danger. Still? Just cuz they are not aware
enough, the organisers don't need to take any further action to prevent for the worse?

Talk logic a bit la...is all about responsibility here as an ORGANISER.

Another example la, if u see a kid happen to accidentally manage to get in the way of a race at the track, will you stop
the race, or just leave it be? Nvm, let the kid and his family learn their lesson the hard way...

:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Tufoil is featured in today's May 28 edition of Harian Metro bahasa daily.

We have been told it has a readership of 1,000,000.

You can find Tufoil in this link: www.nstp.com.my according to the NST people.

Happy reading.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience