17 Hurt in Drag Crash at Million Youth Rally 2012

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Brothers,

There are parties among us who blamed the organizer and there are parties among us who blamed the spectators.

But just remember that justice is blind and doesn't take sides. If a judge asks the organizer "Why weren't there more barricades installed in such a dangerous undertaking?", the same judge will also ask the spectators "If you as a REASONABLE MAN knew that the sport is dangerous, what were you doing so close to the track?".

This is the law's definition of a REASONABLE MAN.

If a spectator were to claim damages from the organizer, he will be quickly shown the Hall case and he will be forced to think again. So let's not quickly point the finger to any parties. Let the judge decide that.

Ezzat has many friends in this forum as well as other automotive forums. Yes he's proven that he is hot-blooded chap, but if he is not hot-blooded and easily excited he won't be an automotive enthusiast. He will be playing chess. There are a lot of young, hot-blooded individuals in this forum, trying to drive faster and faster, and it could most probably include me and you too.

But unlike most of us who watches or participates in motorsport events, Ezzat organizes them. That is one BIG difference. He has his fair share of friends when all goes well, but when something wrong happens?

The Ministry is pressuring him. Where are his motorsport 'friends' and 'brothers' at this time? Where are his sponsor friends? His drifting friends? People who asked for his help in participating, getting free tickets, etc.?

I know some chose to abandon him. Some even offered condolence as if somebody is dead. How fragile it is, friendship based on a material possession: cars. Or maybe it's not even 'friendship' in the first place: it's just opportunism. Quick to gain benefit from him, similarly quick to attack him.

But remember: this accident can easily happen to any other organizer, be it sanctioned or unsanctioned. Driving instructor died, car rammed into spectators. It happens now, it happened before, and it will happen again in the future. Just remember one thing: if something wrong happens, your friends who you know based on your material possession will abandon you.

You'll need your friendship to be based on something more meaningful.
Let's view this point by point that you have mentioned:

1. "Why weren't there more barricades installed in such a dangerous undertaking?", the same judge will also ask the spectators "If you as a REASONABLE MAN knew that the sport is dangerous, what were you doing so close to the track?"
This is true. Both parties may have some degree of faults. But lets get one thing clear here. i think the problem now is more of how did he responded and answered fellow forumers questions here rather than the accident. his way is clearly immature.

2. Ezzat has many friends in this forum as well as other automotive forums. Yes he's proven that he is hot-blooded chap, but if he is not hot-blooded and easily excited he won't be an automotive enthusiast. He will be playing chess. There are a lot of young, hot-blooded individuals in this forum, trying to drive faster and faster, and it could most probably include me and you too.
Automotive is such a respected and exciting field. Please do not link hot-bloodedness to loving automotive. I believe there are a lot of auto fans who are calm and reasonable and mature and there are chess fans who are hot-blooded. Character has not much to do with hobby.

3. But unlike most of us who watches or participates in motorsport events, Ezzat organizes them. That is one BIG difference.
Organising an event is really something. Not many of us have done it and not many can. Ezzat is definitely more experienced in this than most of us. But then again, this is a MASSIVE task and should only be undertaken by people who are experienced and mature enough. Not in terms of auto knowledge, but more of management. From his hot-tempered answer to fellow forumers, it is clear that he lacks management and negotiation skills. People are talking here in forum. Not waging war bro.

4. Where are his motorsport 'friends' and 'brothers' at this time? Where are his sponsor friends? His drifting friends? People who asked for his help in participating, getting free tickets, etc.?
Bro, if you follow this thread, I believe he himself ditched most friends. Is that a nice way to reply to friends and bros and sponsors? In his hot-blooded reply, he waged war with everyone. Something went wrong. People questioned. Then he fks people back? How about just reviewing the incident in a professional, unbiased manner?

Just my 2 cents la... I am not saying that this guy is bad. Knowledge wise, perhaps he is one of the experts. Just need more practise to handle stress and manage people. Nobody owes nobody nothing and we don't need to take a hot-blooded reply with vulgar words from anyone.

Cheers...

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Psychiatric report is not hard to get, you need around rm20k for consultation and report writing

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Bro veloc, too bad i can click only 1 Like on wat u've said..:adore:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
1. the lancer kotak claimed it has 600hp, i got to know that his car was built for drifting purposes, therefore dunno y he
using it for drag, summore lancer kotak is RWD fyi.

2. in the beginning duriang trial run, his car edi buang from left to right cos its RWD, then ended up
ramming into the by standers due to the driver unable to control the car as all the power is transfered to the rear wheel

3. the organizers should employ marshals to ensure the security of the by standers that they wont get close to the road.

katanakote123

May 10, 2012
Sabah
well,rich guys had its pride...poor guys just got a ride :hmmmm::rofl:

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
well,rich assholes with stupid mentality is what we dont encourage but too bad some still exist :aetsch:

katanakote123

May 10, 2012
Sabah
Too bad we dont have truly pyscho people at our country yet..will happen like president jxhn kennady case..Talk wrong,head blown:smokin:

No matter how rich how powerful you are,you've still got 1 LIVES in your LIFE ONLY ,provokes people sometimes leads anger and vengeance,...I hope he learns the lesson one day..

I talked too much pendidikan moral here sorry...:marchmellow:

"The skies are watching us too" :rofl::smokin:

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
whats the latest on all the 17 injured so far? all discharged and well?

evo69

Jun 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
whats the latest on all the 17 injured so far? all discharged and well?
To whom it may concerned about victims,

Saudara Iskandar, beliau juga dari Bahau, merupakan mangsa yang paling kritikal kerana terpaksa menempoh detik pembedahan di bahagian usus (internal bleeding) yang mana menurut doktor pakar merupakan pembedahan berisiko tinggi. Alhamdulillah, berkat doa semua rakan2 pecinta sukan drag racing Iskandar telah sedar setelah beberapa hari masih koma di ICU dan ketika lawatan kami ini beliau sempat berjenaka di wad biasa serta menunjukkan tanda2 positif utk segera pulih sepenuhya. Menurut kata doktor, Iskandar semakin bertenaga dan beliau turut dibenarkan utk pulang pada esok harinya. Walaubagaimanapun, iskandar dikehendaki hadir semula di hospital putrajaya pada 3/7/2012 untuk rawatan susulan. Terus berdoa bersama kami agar Iskandar segera pulih sepenuhnya, Amin..

Saudara Naim, juga dari Bahau, salah seorang mangsa kritikal yg dipindah kan dari hospital putrajaya ke hospital kuala pilah sejak minggu lepas atas permintaan family. Sekitar pkul 3ptg tadi beliau telah berjaya menjalani pembedahan buku lali kaki kiri & tangan kiri. Ketika lawatan, naim baru sahaja selesai menjalani pembedahan & masih tidak sedarkan diri olah kerana lali dengan bius pembedahan. Doktor mengesahkan beliau dijangka sedar dalam beberapa jam lagi & alhamdulillah beliau akan dibenarkan pulang dalam beberapa hari lagi. Kami akan terus memantau keadaan beliau dari masa ke semasa sehingga beliau pulih sepenuhnya, sama2 lah kita bdoa agar Naim sembuh dgn segera, Amin..

Saudara Ami dari Bahau, salah seorang mangsa kritikal yg patah kaki kiri & tangan kiri. Doktor mengesahkan beliau semakin pulih & beliau dijangka pulang esok tghari. Wakil dari kbs & musc hadir hampir setiap hari bagi memantau dari masa ke semasa keadaan beliau disamping menghulur bantuan yang sewajarnya kepada ayah beliau iaitu En. Nakim. Doakan moga Ami cepat sembuh sedia kala, Amin..

Fairuz - beliau telah pulih & keluar dari hospital putrajaya kelmarin tengahari

Last edited:

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
1. the lancer kotak claimed it has 600hp, i got to know that his car was built for drifting purposes, therefore dunno y he
using it for drag, summore lancer kotak is RWD fyi.

2. in the beginning duriang trial run, his car edi buang from left to right cos its RWD, then ended up
ramming into the by standers due to the driver unable to control the car as all the power is transfered to the rear wheel

3. the organizers should employ marshals to ensure the security of the by standers that they wont get close to the road.

Danz, u're a moderator and should've know that RWD is among the famous faces in drag scene(especially in the US). Ah Fai's drift A31 also did participate in SDB some years back.. i guess an enthusiast should know the 1st point.

2nd point, this is what we call loss of traction.. i assume u're driving a turbo perdana, and u did feel the 'buang' during rough take off/sprint(in this case 'wheel hop' or spin since it's FWD)

3rd point, i did came n become spectator in most of MUSC drag events and they DO have marshals.. but have u been to any of this event? please do and experience it.. share your experience here. FYI, please stand as far as possible to avoid from being run over by those sub-1000hp machines.

I'm not bashing u Danz, but, believe me this is just an info sharing with you since i think that you're unclear about RWD joining drag( FYI, there's FWD participate in drift too ). But what i believe that this particular rider failed to control this car which resulted to this accident. I don't want to talk about the other part as most of us see n read what happened. All i hope that the victims learned a lesson and InsyaAllah recover from the injuries soon.

As for the others, yes, we do need an official drag strip.. and please don't make it too expensive as majority of us who love and support grassroots drag scene has a lot of other commitment in terms of money. Kesian kat kami.. kami pun nak motorsports jugak!

Peace to all of you, Assalamualaikum.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
All i hope that the victims learned a lesson and InsyaAllah recover from the injuries soon.
interesting.

the organizer failed to "organize" and control the event and the victims should learn? are the victims going to be the organizers next time around?

the driver failed to control the car and the victims should learn? are the victims going to be the drivers next time around?

People who learn, are those who acknowledge and own up to their mistakes. Not the one who is pushing the blame to everybody but themselves.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Next time let YRvi be one of the spectators and if lucky a victim and see if he'll learn a lesson from across the fence....a very thin fence btw ....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Black is one of the most difficult to deal with colour, difficult to maintain, to upkeep from scratches and also prone to lots of visible dirt and grime. We have with us today a Black Mercedes A250 Sport, one of the most hyped and wanted hot hatch in the market at the moment. We were given this special opportunity to fix up this ride...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience