10 Minutes Job

eejart

Known Member
Feb 2, 2006
First off, hello and gong hei fatt choi :)

Yesterday around just before new year I stopped by Oldtown Taman Midah to tapau some food, I was surprised that the service was so quick and I was out of there in less than 10 minutes with my food and while walking back to my car I found that the front hood was up, so I panicked and started running towards the car. Upon inspection I found nothing wrong and thought a good samaritan saw my hood not latched properly and put it up for me... silly me :-/ When I got my torch light out I can now see that some fuses were removed, the ground wire to the battery was also removed and the vacuum hose and an unknown sensor wire was cut. I went into the car and first noticed that my Defi boost gauge, housing and pillar cover was gone, then I looked left and noticed my passenger window was missing, it was on the ground outside in one large piece thanks to the anti-smash tint. My glove box and center box was emptied, I lost Motorola L7 and iPod Nano.

I'm confused because I parked the car right infront of the new Watan showroom with spotlights blaring everywhere and there were guards there, people passing by but nobody knew anything, AND the fact that it was less than 10 minutes ago I was at the car! No one noticed the incident even when the hood was up with nobody around the car, but the guards did offer help and said that the job was done by around 3-4 motorcyclists which came from the back alley next to Watan. I called my Motorola and the thief actually answered and said to me in Cantonese "Coming.. Coming.. Don't call.." and hung up, after which the phone was switched off. Don't be misunderstood, I blame myself for this because I already had a bad feeling as I usually park the car in front of the place I'm at (was lazy and hungry at the time), I'm just confused as to how they can do this so quickly, swiftly and quietly.

As a summary, my left passenger window is smashed, I lost my amber red Defi boost gauge, some Omron fuses, a silver iPod Nano 2GB and a black Motorola SLVR L7. The incident happened 10 cars away from OLDTOWN Kopitiam Taman Midah, Cheras right infront of Watan Credit co. at around 11.50PM-12.00AM. Suspects are most probably Chinese motorists. Please help me be on the lookout for the lost items, I do not mind paying to know who did it. TQVM guys, have a good day.

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
condolences to your losses.....better pray dat the year doesnt start bad for u bro

yyap2

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
well u dunno tat place is famous in car break in??? never left laptop or anything...if u hav those gauge... better install better alarm... lucky u din lost a player....

eejart

Known Member
Feb 2, 2006
DDgreystar, that's exactly what I thought lol

yyap2, no I didn't know, I'm not from around there, just passing by only.. no more gauge edi anyway :(

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
sighz...i seldom go out at night driving cars with meters...
except when i park it at where i can see it...if not...please do cover ur windscreen...
and keep a low profile!!!want so many people to notice ur car for wat?

xand

Known Member
Apr 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
think it's work of some accesorries shop or workshop you go lately le... fuses they also know it's a good one, 'sapu' altogether... think they must have go throughly your car before...

Last edited:

eejart

Known Member
Feb 2, 2006
I doubt it bro, cause I go to one trusted accessory shop and two trusted garages.. They make good money already, plus they keep their names well.. so I dont think its their work.. seriously my opinion is it was a candid job, even my control unit was only hanging by one socket.. shows that they didn't have enough time.. if you planned it edi, sure wont have time problems since you know where everything is and how it is placed. my 2cents.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

wanna ask sifu that is satria 1.3 able to transplant any higher perfomance engine? is it can plug and play or need to modify engine mounting? i m planning to get mivec into it... where chop shop around kl that selling good condition of this engine? anyone knows? planning to play n/a thx alot...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience