1.6mivec head on 93 block

K_C

500 RPM
Jul 26, 2005
p e n a n g
wat do i need other than wiring n ecu??? izzit possible to install the head without the wiring n ecu 1st???
:retarded:

satria81

500 RPM
Sep 19, 2005
PETALING JAYA
in order for the mivec to bring out its total output,u wud need to have add parts such as the throttle body,intake manifold,exhaust manifold,distributor,ori mivec plug cable and running it with a mivec gearbox as well would be a good idea and maybe others that ive not stated....about installing the head first without wiring n ecu...its a little complicated,happy modding!

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Get a standalone to tune it or at least re-chip. 1.6 ecu trying to fuel a 1.8 block will make it run lean (not good)...there's lotsa things to do for this set-up and most of its trial and error. PnP, overbore, straight thru exhaust, cam timing...

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
u can install it without wiring n ecu
however the mivec fuction will not operate since there is not wiring n ecu to activate it

Enslaved

Known Member
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Re-chip your stock mivec ecu. however, most of the so-called "ralliart" chips in the market are copies and i don't think anyone knows what changes have been made to fuelling and ignition timing and at what rpm/load points. As far as i see it, i believe fuelling reduced (run leaner) and ignition timing advanced - both of which generally make more power but at the expense of reliability if not tuned properly.

i think mivec shift point reduced to 4800/5000 rpm. Be careful, these are GENERIC chips and i believe good for stock engines with perhaps just the i/h/e mods. May not be optimum for heavily modded engines : )

Best is standalone or maybe piggyback if just i/h/e mods

jep3003

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2005
Mivec head on SOHC 1.8

Hey there bros,

Im asking for a fren..... Jus wana confirm, can we jus bolt-on the mivec head without the wiring n ecu??? do we have to do any modifications to the wiring or ecu?? or jus leave it stock, can run already???

My fren 1 2 bolt-on mivec head to SOHC 1.8 engine... Wat wud he need??? Does he have to chnge the manifolds???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyway around kl or selangor doing custom* engine parts like customer intake manifold and crankshafts?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience