WTB - Nissan Skyline R32

potgas.d.ace

Jan 24, 2011
Klang
Wuahh..what a long post there bro hehe :p
Thanks everyone for the valueable information.
Im a proud owner of a s15 even tho i just have it for 4months :D, and actually is looking for a 180sx.
But at the same time is impressed with the power of RB engines. So thats why im looking for a r32gtr or r33gtr (cz i dnt hv enough fund for a r34gtr lol :p)
I'm looking forward to meet up with u guys for a chat. Fyi jz like pakdamek i jump straight away from neo to s15 hahaha so there r a lot of things dt i need n wanna learn.

Anyway, i was in extreme park shah alam last night n there seems to b a movie shoot i guess. Ada 2 cefiro n 1 s15 doing drift stunts but unfortunately one of the cefiro's engine was blown out if im not mistaken.pity her.

Sorry for the long post. Hv a good day guys.
Cheers!

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Wuahh..what a long post there bro hehe :p
Thanks everyone for the valueable information.
Im a proud owner of a s15 even tho i just have it for 4months :D, and actually is looking for a 180sx.
But at the same time is impressed with the power of RB engines. So thats why im looking for a r32gtr or r33gtr (cz i dnt hv enough fund for a r34gtr lol :p)
I'm looking forward to meet up with u guys for a chat. Fyi jz like pakdamek i jump straight away from neo to s15 hahaha so there r a lot of things dt i need n wanna learn.

Anyway, i was in extreme park shah alam last night n there seems to b a movie shoot i guess. Ada 2 cefiro n 1 s15 doing drift stunts but unfortunately one of the cefiro's engine was blown out if im not mistaken.pity her.

Sorry for the long post. Hv a good day guys.
Cheers!
I don't see why you'd want to get a 180SX when you already have an S15 unless you're keen on using it for drifting or maybe you're just a hardcore Silvia enthusiast. At least with a GTR you have something different both in terms of engine as well as drivetrain. Plus, its a different driving experience.

The R32GTRs are quite rare and therefore command higher prices than even the R33GTRs. However, the R34GTR is probably the easiest to source and you need less money up front to buy one since the R32 and R33 would be strictly cash only.

Going from a Neo to an S15 and now to a GTR in four months must be interesting though not to mention fun as hell. Good luck on the search but if you decide on an R34, I happen to have one for sale.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Guys, hear out what feezdya and [PIMPIN] has posted earlier.

I would not recommend to get the R32 as a daily driver as it is an old car and like what the others have said earlier, it will give problems such as wear and tear items need replacing, aircond dying out, electrical problems, engine problems etc.

I would say these old cars are to be enjoyed and best would be made into a weekend car.

It is possible to make it as a daily driver but u will need a lot of patience.

Owh, and 40k for an R32 GTS is a good deal though I would expect u would need at least another 20k to make it nice..

Good luck on ur hunt bros! :top:

Pakdamek

Known Member
Feb 11, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];1063626809 said:
Pakdamek,

Take note of what Feezdya says about evaluating the car because that is probably the best mindset to have when one decides to buy a car produced a couple of decades ago. Forget about making sure if the engine is in good condition - its probably living on borrowed time. Don't worry about the suspension, bushes, etc - these are all wear and tear items and would need replacing anyway. The list of what needs to be replaced can at times seem daunting and probably not worth the hassle to most people but no one says it has to be done all at once.

Keep in mind that going from a Neo CPS to an R32 will require some patience. Not to say that the R32 is an unreliable car but be prepared for the air-conditioning to fail when you're stuck in rush-hour traffic or for your engine check light to come on suddenly just as you're rushing across town on an errand or for your HICAS to go bonkers just as you're driving to Petronas for an early morning GTJ run, etc. My point is that this isn't a new car and as long as you keep that in mind and prepare yourself for the transition from a newish car to an older one than all will be fine.

Don't walk away just because the car has been in an accident. Find out what sort of accident it was and how severe the damage was. If its just a panel which has subsequently been repaired or even replaced then by all means, go ahead. There are many Skylines around which have been in minor accidents yet none of them are any less sound mechanically nor compromised structurally. So fender benders, etc are nothing to worry about.

If everything checks out and you do find yourself the proud owner of an R32, then you have a few options - it's not all about the RB26. You must first decide how much power you want and can realistically handle and then consider the various options - keep the RB20, try something different in the form of an RB24 or even an RB25 which is much cheaper than an RB26 and more than capable of producing decent power. They all have their pros and cons from the lack of torque in the RB20 to the higher cost of the RB26 from road tax to parts and rebuild etc. That is a discussion for another day and one that deserves its own thread. Although I can't comment on the RB24 as I've only modified the RB20, RB25, RB26 and RB28.

BTW, the RB24 and RB28 are actually stroked up RB20 and RB26 engines. In fact, there are various companies offering stroker kits that can turn the RB26 into a 2.7 (e.g: JUN, Greddy), a 2.8 (e.g: TOMEI, HKS) or a 2.9 (e.g: Brian Crower). The RB24 if I'm not mistaken was something that emerged from the drift scene and there was the option of getting a TOMEI stroker kit or using stock RB26 parts to achieve the increase in displacement. It's definitely something along those lines but off the top of my head that's the best I can come up with. You could probably find out more with a little research.

That pretty much covers the range of performance Skyline engines used in the R32, R33 and R34 models from GTS to GTR plus what can be achieved using aftermarket parts. To the best of my knowledge, that's all the Skylines came with (hahahah cannot resist cucuk evidence based motoring but I speak only the truth LOL).

Anyway, sorry for the long post. You did say that you've never driven a Skyline so I have no idea on the extent of your knowledge. Regardless, every little bit of information helps and we all learn something new everyday.

To everyone else, well you guys should be used to my long posts by now. Plus, I'm bored and can't sleep. :driver:
WAHH.....5 am some more...really appreciate your feedback....I'll take that into consideration.....first of all, I need to secure a r32.....don't want to talk wind with no car to start from... :-)

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
thats we call the power of MR PIMPIN..Thats why we all vote him as our future presidente hehe...

just grab the car la bro..if you are not satisfy, then sell it back...can get better and higher price summore haha

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
where is our ketua darjah aka BR??just get it and we can go together-gather UY-GTJ after raya.. :smokin:

potgas.d.ace

Jan 24, 2011
Klang
[PIMPIN];1063626958 said:
I don't see why you'd want to get a 180SX when you already have an S15 unless you're keen on using it for drifting or maybe you're just a hardcore Silvia enthusiast. At least with a GTR you have something different both in terms of engine as well as drivetrain. Plus, its a different driving experience.

The R32GTRs are quite rare and therefore command higher prices than even the R33GTRs. However, the R34GTR is probably the easiest to source and you need less money up front to buy one since the R32 and R33 would be strictly cash only.

Going from a Neo to an S15 and now to a GTR in four months must be interesting though not to mention fun as hell. Good luck on the search but if you decide on an R34, I happen to have one for sale.
Yeah. I'm aware of all the difficulties that i'll have to face and have to be very patient with the car.
Honestly i'm not into drifting and etc, i jz love to drive very fast. Haha :driver:

Anyway, it is indeed a very interesting and i learn a lot in this past four months. But i hope i can learn more from you guys. Tho mine is powered by a SR and urs are RB, we can still share stuffs right?

About ur R34, pls pm me the price and specs with picts if possible. I might consider it :)

Cheers

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
where is our ketua darjah aka BR??just get it and we can go together-gather UY-GTJ after raya.. :smokin:
BR absent teacher...high modification fever hahah...

ala max, hang ckp pasal gtj, setakat join sekali je la ni baik takyah haha..tt pun taknak join..oppss takut bini ke hehe

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
BR absent teacher...high modification fever hahah...

ala max, hang ckp pasal gtj, setakat join sekali je la ni baik takyah haha..tt pun taknak join..oppss takut bini ke hehe
CHAIT!??mane ade skali bro..kali ke 2 tu :smokin: ..huhu..cemane la aku nak join tt tgh2 mlm bro..lau buat area kajang ke bangi ke gagah gak aku nak pegi..nun di sinun too far la der..baik aku masuk kelambu lg best..bukan takut bini daa..tapi bini xtakut aku..muahahah..ape2 pun aku tetap cool :smokin:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
How dare you Pimpin!!!! :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Write that long essay and don't mention rb30! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Aku merajuk 3 keturunan :mad:

RB30 dah different la bro..hahaha..yeaaa 9 dah merajuk!

BR jgn nak gedik nak resign...:banghead:

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
FAO: Pimpin. Moderator of SAU.

I will forgive your oversight. Please see below.

Nissan Skyline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The R31 Skyline was also produced in Australia, with a 3.0 L motor (RB30E) available in sedan or wagon form, as well as a four-cylinder version called the Nissan Pintara."

29,305 R31 Skylines were also manufactured and sold in South Africa in 4-door sedan form between 1987 and 1992. These were the last Skylines seen in South Africa. Power came from either the RB30E 3.0 straight-6 motor, RB20E 2.0 straight-6 motor or the CA20S 4-cylinder powerplant."

'Australia'
Pintara – 2.0 L CA20E I4, 102 hp (78 kW, 160 N m)
GX, Executive, GXE, Silhouette, Ti – 3.0 L RB30E SOHC I6, 155 hp (114 kW, 247 N m)
Silhouette GTS1 – 3.0 L RB30E SOHC I6, 176 hp (130 kW, 255 N m)
Silhouette GTS2 – 3.0 L RB30E SOHC I6, 190 hp (140 kW, 270 N m)

'South Africa'
2.0GL, 2.0GLE – 2.0 L CA20S I4, 106 hp (78 kW, 163 N m)
2.0SGLi – 2.0 L RB20E SOHC I6, 115 hp (85 kW, 174 N m)
3.0SGLi – 3.0 L RB30E SOHC I6, 171 hp (126 kW, 260 N m)

Hope you have been adequately enlightened.

Best regards,
Your nerdy friend....
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Bro potgas,

R32 and R33s to a lesser extent are never-ending projects, and a money pit. Money goes in, never to be seen again.

Get a well-sorted R34 GTR with a sizeable loan, so hopefully you don't have to spend further on the car and just enjoy it.

However, this is usually just a dream to anyone buying a gtr...99.9% of the time, they will immediately spend money on modding it... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Get an R32 and stick in an SR20DET in it. Push to 400hp and it will be flying.

Of course, if you don't mind having the R32 as a track car the V8 engine would be awesome too just like MrNismo's R32 GTV.. :adore:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
thats we call the power of MR PIMPIN..Thats why we all vote him as our future presidente hehe...

just grab the car la bro..if you are not satisfy, then sell it back...can get better and higher price summore haha
Actually you should be President bro. My online posts are long but your real life ones are longer. Hahahah :driver:

Yeah. I'm aware of all the difficulties that i'll have to face and have to be very patient with the car.
Honestly i'm not into drifting and etc, i jz love to drive very fast. Haha :driver:

Anyway, it is indeed a very interesting and i learn a lot in this past four months. But i hope i can learn more from you guys. Tho mine is powered by a SR and urs are RB, we can still share stuffs right?

About ur R34, pls pm me the price and specs with picts if possible. I might consider it :)

Cheers
That's pretty much how I am - not into any type of motorsports but just don't know how to drive slowly. BTW, its not my R34 for sale but one that belongs to my nephew. Can come have a look. Just sorted it out so ready for sale pretty much now. But let me know in advance to arrange a time.

BR tender resignation.
No reason given? Not accepted.

Get an R32 and stick in an SR20DET in it. Push to 400hp and it will be flying.

Of course, if you don't mind having the R32 as a track car the V8 engine would be awesome too just like MrNismo's R32 GTV.. :adore:
Common transplant for the Cefiros. Ditch the RB for an SR - same displacement, two less of everything to worry about. Cheaper even to mod and repair.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

FAO: Pimpin. Moderator of SAU.

I will forgive your oversight. Please see below.

Nissan Skyline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The R31 Skyline was also produced in Australia, with a 3.0 L motor (RB30E) available in sedan or wagon form, as well as a four-cylinder version called the Nissan Pintara."

29,305 R31 Skylines were also manufactured and sold in South Africa in 4-door sedan form between 1987 and 1992. These were the last Skylines seen in South Africa. Power came from either the RB30E 3.0 straight-6 motor, RB20E 2.0 straight-6 motor or the CA20S 4-cylinder powerplant."

'Australia'
Pintara – 2.0 L CA20E I4, 102 hp (78 kW, 160 N m)
GX, Executive, GXE, Silhouette, Ti – 3.0 L RB30E SOHC I6, 155 hp (114 kW, 247 N m)
Silhouette GTS1 – 3.0 L RB30E SOHC I6, 176 hp (130 kW, 255 N m)
Silhouette GTS2 – 3.0 L RB30E SOHC I6, 190 hp (140 kW, 270 N m)

'South Africa'
2.0GL, 2.0GLE – 2.0 L CA20S I4, 106 hp (78 kW, 163 N m)
2.0SGLi – 2.0 L RB20E SOHC I6, 115 hp (85 kW, 174 N m)
3.0SGLi – 3.0 L RB30E SOHC I6, 171 hp (126 kW, 260 N m)

Hope you have been adequately enlightened.

Best regards,
Your nerdy friend....
Sorry, almost missed this pearl of wisdom LOL.

Firstly, I don't mod SAU anymore not under [PIMPIN] at least and that was years ago when Azmir was still considered a 'catch' and Dr Mahathir was still PM LOL.

Secondly, refer to my original post. I've highlighted the relevant part.

[PIMPIN];1063626809 said:
That pretty much covers the range of performance Skyline engines used in the R32, R33 and R34 models from GTS to GTR plus what can be achieved using aftermarket parts. To the best of my knowledge, that's all the Skylines came with (hahahah cannot resist cucuk evidence based motoring but I speak only the truth LOL).
Sorry for not stating that the list was far from exhaustive and didn't cover every single Skyline ever produced. Since I didn't mention the KPGC10, there's no reason to expect me to cover the DR30, HR31 or this abomination of a 'Pintara'. :rofl:

Anyway, sorry for any inaccuracies because it was all off the top of my head. We can't all rely on Google and Wikipedia forever (ini confirm Nain tikam aku!!)

:reddy:

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
sifu-sifu, sorry for disturb this tread..if not right please delete yeah..
i'm looking R32 overhaul kit for 4 pot calliper. anybody can give any shop can do really good job. any contact number or any shop sell.
thanks in advance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The debut of Scholl Concepts and a EPIC detailing duo with http://www.wetshine.net

The Legendary #98 out of #99 Fiat 500 Abarth

The all new Audi A6 Hybrid

A neglected and abused daily ride restored

A maintained by driver fully swirled up Porsche...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience