Wobbly cornering

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i start with chicken brand rp01 rims + ps3. Once confirm rims that suitable for the car, get ori lightweight one.
used ori can go 2-3 thousands bucks or more for 15inch. :eek: Really lightweight !!! u want to keep it look like rolex or rolix is up to u.
You ah! Just recently my friend came to my house DIY knock fender. Got new set of rims, but I ask why your center cap looks so old (faded), he say need to look like your rolix......hahhahhahahah

Reactions: sweelt

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i start with chicken brand rp01 rims + ps3. Once confirm rims that suitable for the car, get ori lightweight one.
used ori can go 2-3 thousands bucks or more for 15inch. :eek: Really lightweight !!! u want to keep it look like rolex or rolix is up to u.
Yours not look like rolex but already the real rolex of rims! :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If like this ori evo 3 15" oz rim, what do you guys think? think quite easy to get this, at halfcut shops
This OZ is not lightweight but designed for rally use so very strong/durable. If want strong and lightweight then SSR Type-C, Rays TE37/CE28, Racing Hart CPO35, Prodrive, Enkei RPF1, Spoon Sports/Desmond Regamaster Evo, Advan RG to name a few.

Reactions: sweelt

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
This OZ is not lightweight but designed for rally use so very strong/durable. If want strong and lightweight then SSR Type-C, Rays TE37/CE28, Racing Hart CPO35, Prodrive, Enkei RPF1, Spoon Sports/Desmond Regamaster Evo, Advan RG to name a few.
Oh ok nice.. so, from all these, which one is the best in terms of look (in your opinion and taste)? prodrive rims looks good. p1 racing also nice.. hehe

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh ok nice.. so, from all these, which one is the best in terms of look (in your opinion and taste)? prodrive rims looks good. p1 racing also nice.. hehe
Looks is owner preference lah! not for us to say. We like you might not.....hhahhahhaha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Looks is owner preference lah! not for us to say. We like you might not.....hhahhahhaha
Ya looks is subjective. Out of those my favorites are CE28, CP035, and RPF1. Prodrive GC07C and GC10C are also nice looking. But they all look ok, none that I dislike, maybe P1 is my least favorite coz too skinny and flat spokes. Prodrive should be the best value for money though coz somehow not popular here and hence their price are the cheapest, while TE37, CE28, CP035 are some of the most expensive. I owned a set of Prodrive GC07C before, used them for 5 years and just sold it off recently at only rm2k for size 17'!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sometimes looking at the rims alone cannot tell, because it have to match the car. I have seen nice rims that I like but when match to the car, don't look good, and there were rims that were not so nice but match the car perfectly. When you go see the rims, ask the shop to place the rims at your wheels and look from afar......lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
satria with rpf1 looks good right.. (start saving.... hahaha :emoji_yen:)
Yes of course, RPF1 looks good on many sporty cars! Make sure you buy the original one though coz got too many so called "AAA" replicas out there for this rim, just too popular like TE37/CE28/RE30. Bring your weighing scale when buying coz the original ones should be very lightweight almost matching Rays forged type rims while the fake ones are just normal weight.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Yes of course, RPF1 looks good on many sporty cars! Make sure you buy the original one though coz got too many so called "AAA" replicas out there for this rim, just too popular like TE37/CE28/RE30. Bring your weighing scale when buying coz the original ones should be very lightweight almost matching Rays forged type rims while the fake ones are just normal weight.
Original one, lightweight... how light it is? i never weigh any rim, so no idea

so, how much the weight difference between lightweight and normal rim? just wondering

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

so, how much the weight difference between lightweight and normal rim? just wondering
base on my scenario 15 inch rims, weight difference is a lot.
Ori lightweight 15in rims can weight 3kg++. Chicken brand almost double it.
Anyway invest in good tires first. That is ur life security.
light weight rims is big investment, take ur time to source it.

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

base on my scenario 15 inch wheels, weight difference is a lot.
Average to be considered lightweight around 4kg for 15', while normal type is around 7kg.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
base on my scenario 15 inch rims, weight difference is a lot.
light weight rims is big investment, take ur time to source it.
I use normal rims but good tyres....lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If have to choose/prioritize, then yes tire first, rims second. Last time my (new) tires also cost more than my (used) rims even though already very good rims.
Yup, both of my old cars are having 2nd hand rims, much cheaper but cannot have much choices, but they do look good and matching on their respective cars. See if can find some pictures.....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

i dont have the figure but long time ago a friend installed a set of rpf1 on his Strean RN5.

To describe the weight, i will gladly catch it if u throw the rim at me and wont drop it.Maybe even with the ire installed...hahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Last time at the time I bought my Advanti storm 15" rims they were 4.6kg per piece which is considered light by normal standards. The shop had the original Enkei RPF1 and it was even lighter. My butt guestimate per rim I think is 2.8kg per piece. It was that light!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, both of my old cars are having 2nd hand rims, much cheaper but cannot have much choices, but they do look good and matching on their respective cars. See if can find some pictures.....lol
upload_2018-4-26_10-32-52.jpeg

This is on the VR.

upload_2018-4-26_10-54-22.jpeg

This is on my Hyundai

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys. any1 knows where to service GAB adjustable? and how much? mine is leaking already, need to send for servicing... thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience