Help! tuk.. tuk.. sound when cornering

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
I asked my bro to send my car for checking.. got tuk.. tuk.. tuk sound when cornering right.. so sound coming from left.. but now on right also got tuk tuk a bit when cornering left.

confirm not drive shaft and arb as i've changed them recently. the mech said it is bar ring.. what the hell is that? anti roll bar ring? or he meant link? i dunno coz the car is not wit me, so cannot see.

mech said it costs RM95 each.. so both side inc labour RM240.. expensive?

car is sgti

kenchao10

Known Member
Nov 5, 2004
Visit site
ya, having the problem last time, mine was the anti role bar.. cost me abt RM95 to change including labour..

cck2228

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Sandakan,Sabah
Visit site
wow//my car also got..only when i turn to left the sound will come out from left behind the car!!
Huh..i also donno what is that oo..maybe the body? or what leh? any sifu...
Im driving Toyota Altis

xin

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
if it is not the driveshaft or the Anti roll bar ..then there is another joint connected to the discbrake there ..its like a joint and has something to do wit alignment .. maybe tat small thing was broken ..if the plastic cap above is broken then just replace the plastic cap and apply some lubrication then will be no sound ...

if the whole thing broken then it cost around RM60-70 for a pair
the plastic cap cost onli around Rm5-10 a pair ..

how to check if the joint is rosak ? easy u try to move it ..and if it is too loose then it is rosak hehe

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
thanks xin

maybe i should go to another workshop. went to skyzone but they cannot identify the problem.. :confused:

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
last time my car also like that. should be drive shaft problem.

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
Bro, it could be your suspension. COz I had the same thing too on my wagon but when I replaced the suspensions on both front then ok liao!

Try to notice whether the car is lower on either side on the front suspensions... usually on the driver's side. If its lower on 1 side then confirm suspension problem since your shaft and arb have been changed.

Good luck and PM me the results if its what I smell. Just my few cents... ;)

cck2228

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Sandakan,Sabah
Visit site
Thanks to all giving me some points!!! Hope the car can be ok! :)
Thanks Everyone!! but so many reason which will make the sound wo..which one leh?

Andy_resort= But u say one side lowered?? mean
izzit the height of tat car is different? yes , mine is..
front= the driver side is lowered than passanger
rear = left is lowered than right one
After i lowered my Toyota Altis i realise the car height is diff.donno the spring problem or the suspension problem lor..Can u help?

vyx

Known Member
May 12, 2005
Selangor
got the same prob on my wira..
changed my anti roll bar, arms, and bush.. and everything's fine..

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
sent my car to workshop again today and it turns out to be the absorber link is damaged. changed the left side and sound is gone.

ANDY_RESORT

500 RPM
Jan 23, 2005
KL
www.andymervingeorge.com
CCK, yup, its confirmed that your front suspensions need to be replaced. The rear one check whether got oil coming out from the absorber or not. Just bend down and see it from the rear trunk.

Lowering springs is actually not recommended. Its best to use standard lowered springs usually are sport springs then ok. Dont potong the ori springs just to get the lowered look. Try other options, if tak jadi at least you still have your stock suspensions.

Send to shop and check it la.. confirm is the suspensions front driver side and left rear side problem... surely no tuk tuk sound.. but prepare a few hundred bux (at least)

Ganbatte!

cck2228

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Sandakan,Sabah
Visit site
ANDY_RESORT said:
CCK, yup, its confirmed that your front suspensions need to be replaced. The rear one check whether got oil coming out from the absorber or not. Just bend down and see it from the rear trunk.

Lowering springs is actually not recommended. Its best to use standard lowered springs usually are sport springs then ok. Dont potong the ori springs just to get the lowered look. Try other options, if tak jadi at least you still have your stock suspensions.

Send to shop and check it la.. confirm is the suspensions front driver side and left rear side problem... surely no tuk tuk sound.. but prepare a few hundred bux (at least)

Ganbatte!
Maybe you are true my fren!!! Then how to i find the New Suspension to replace oo..aiyo...Very mafan...Buy one set also cost 1000++
Of coz not potong la..im not stupid.hehe..I use G|A|B spring to lowered the car enuf..

Can your tell me what cause the suspension rosak like my car?? Is it drive on bumpy road too much?

Then you said send to shop to fix , can fix gemeh???
U mean the front need to replace and rear can be fix izzit.. why front need to be replace to new one?

Thanks for your advise man!!
And everybody too!!:rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So the producers given them money so they could buy convertibles and what ended up was everyone getting a BMW 325i convertible. Not suprising with the identical cars, but these cars have all sorts of histories, good and bad. Check out the suprise these guys got from their used cars. It's just a really good poke fun moment for them

YouTube - ‪1980s BMW...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience