Satria Neo CPS problem

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Anyone here downgrade their Neo's 16' to 15' ? recommended?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
your car will have better acceleration
Thanks for the info, I know acc will be better...I would like to know how would the handling be? more nimble and sharp? can the caliper clear it?

yitjin

Jul 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys, long time no post! How was the gathering? Please post some pics if available.

I came back from the 1k servicing earlier at Sek 13. Overall, good experience. Staff was friendly, place was comfortable (walking distance to Jaya One). Some of the problems were rectified, some would be done tmrow.

No more thudding noise from me; apparently most of the screws and joints at the undercarriage of the car was not tightened properly; the mech even asked me where i got the car (told him COE) and he wondered aloud why no PDI was done.

Wind noise he heard it, but could not identify the source. So he is taking out the whole front windscreen tmrow and resealing it. Also for the engine jerking, he noticed it too while test driving. Did some ECU software thingy; but no go. He also asked me to come back tmrow to sort this out (he wants to check spark plugs etc)

Overall, i am pretty happy with the service. Went in at about 9am, all done about 230pm. Cheap too. About RM120. Anyone went to COE recently for service? Experience?

So on the way back, i decided to finally tekan the car. When the CPS hits, u can heard some clicking noise, and yes, it gets a second wind. Quite interesting, but at 150kmh, the car was soooo loud and everything screaming at you so for me, it won't be comfortable driving at that speed for a long time. Why on earth did Proton set the CPS to kick in at 4300/4400 rpm?? Think will stick to just enjoying the handling and cruise on the highways.

Sorry for being so long winded. Just thought of putting up my thoughts. Rims next! 15inch would look too small in my opinion, making the wheels swallowed by the wheel arches. I think 17 inch would be just nice.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Thanks for the info, I know acc will be better...I would like to know how would the handling be? more nimble and sharp? can the caliper clear it?
no prob....better acceleration and better fc but look bit small la compared to stock:driver:
never tried in neo cps but did it on wira SE, changed to 14inches....good pick up..handling still good...

Justin Davy Lee

From Facebook
Aug 26, 2010
www.facebook.com
Justin, any adjustable brands you have in mind for your Neo? I wish i could afford the Teins, N1 quoted me 3.5k w installation. Alternatively HWL. Maybe we can x-change notes b4 purchase.

Yeap..Thinking to getting back HWL..Been using it for 2 years plus on my current car..Bang for the buck la..Good value for the price..If not was thinking try Titan but its a bit more expensive than HWL..See how la :driver:

andrew_lsp

Known Member
Oct 12, 2008
yes it can clear the brake
tire also have to be consider for the traction
the only side effect is the donut it look small on the arches

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
I guess if you would still have to go for the 215R15 at least to look better...then again its back to square one with pick up.

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
my house outside, proton dealer(edaran sutera, skudai) gt 1 brand new white neo cps at there more then 1 month ord. car also start dirty and have thick dust.

Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I just got mine last week. To verify the "minor" production defects that is with my "lemon" s.neo cps.

1. Jerking issue during acceleration <-- this is annoying!
2. Driver's side wiper hitting driver's side A Pillar then the tension nut unwinds itself causing the wiper to flip out from contact. <-- this is scary!
3. wind-noise at 100km/h. <-- this is "fun"!
update of defects.

I have a major problem with my left and right track measurements.

my left wheel base is shorter than my right wheel base measurement. it pulls the vehicle to the left if driven without constant re-adjustment.

at first i thought it's just an alignment issue and i did highlight to the SC personal on my first service that i would like to do my alignment on a later visit.

i didnt have the time to go back to COE and i went to a tyre shop wanting to do my alignment. the tyre shop did a roving test, drove back in. they measured the length of the rim from front to back of left and right side using measurement tape. they found out that is was the difference in the measurement. they returned me the car without touching it and asked me to send it back and do a claim cause this is a major problem. as of today, i cant be driving it in because it's the raya holidays.

and 2nd, 3rd & 4th problem are, my bonnet, left door, boot lid is all mis-aligned. :(

5th. my left door trim is not properly installed and some how it has the mind of its own to come out occasionally. and i dont know how to put it back in properly other than giving it a push to "clip" it back.

hopefully, after the raya holidays they would be free to do up my car.

to all the experienced guys in here, mind if i ask, is there other places to do warranty claims faster than COE? i read from here that sec.13 is good as well. mind to tell me the where abouts of sec.13 PJ's proton service center? thanks in advance.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
OMG, that explains why your body panels are misaligned! can't believe they let a car like this pass the QC check!!

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i have been driving one for these few days. mine shown 7.1litre/100km
its an auto

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
mine is an auto......but i didnt push it hard.
sometimes it shows 7.6 to 7.8

chris1

Jun 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Try taking it on a long highway drive, 5th gear at more than 100kmph. You will see how bad the fuel consumption is. Some people have said it & its my own experience as well - almost no difference between highway driving & town. In fact on my daily commute home I try to avoid the highways as the car seems more enjoyable to drive on non-highway roads, even if its start stop traffic. If I try not to exceed 2.5k rpm, a full tank can reach about 400km.

snowwhite neo

Jun 22, 2010
perak
My cps is about 7.0, but if a long journey it can reach to 6.9. I got this when on my way back from hometown. This is not a big prob to me but a nightmare is jerking problem. I just back from SC and they had changed the spark plug and fuel filter...but......butt...jerking is still there...maybe next visit to SC they will change the coil...after that ECU...i don't know

ainx83

Sep 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
6.8L/km.
my jerking problem always happen on 3rd gear when the rpm around 2-3k. my solution is, don't press the throttle to much..press it slowly as the rpm increase.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i drive a satria 1.3 already converted to mivec 1.6 ...i have plans to change my engine to gsr1.8 but will jpj approve?i need some advices before i can go ahead with the implant.....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience