Proton Ertiga unveiled - 1.4-litre, EEV-certified, from RM59k!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Probably part of the agreement with Suzuki that they must use their engine...

Now I can imagine the stress of their cars when driving back to Malaysia during festive seasons. In Ipoh can see a lot of Singapore cars. Struggling with 1.6 litre on highway... Come to think of it, their car might struggle even more than my Wira since their car is heavier plus using auto..

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I think our 1.6 and 1.8 difference is not so bad despite 2 times the amount compared to 1.6 litre. 1.6 litre I think is around RM90 while 1.8 is like RM180?
1.8 is 297.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I heard things are very brutal back then. Things like ethnic cleansing where Chinese people really suffered badly. I'll say the current status of Chinese people in Malaysia is much better compared to those in Indonesia back then.

I think Avanza is also doing well in Indonesia. I even saw some funny videos of it in youtube by Indonesians. Drifting Avanza and another one with Avanza manual but somehow he sync his speaker with some phone app and turned the exhaust sound into Lamborghini sound when he is driving. :rofl: Is Proton selling any of their cars in Indonesia? I know Perodua did.
Yeah many Chinese unfortunately were attacked and hurt that time.

Avanza is selling like hot cakes there. Proton also sells some cars since several years ago but not selling well at all.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
[/COLOR]

When were you staying there?
end 2013 till mid 2015 pak.. stay at MOI Kelapa Gading super famous in flood area:biggrin:

Avanza is selling like hot cakes there. Proton also sells some cars since several years ago but not selling well at all.
Avanza no more already Pak, close case and change to Sientta already but Kijang still remain production and the best part is 2.5D Turbo!!!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
end 2013 till mid 2015 pak.. stay at MOI Kelapa Gading super famous in flood area:biggrin:

Avanza no more already Pak, close case and change to Sientta already but Kijang still remain production and the best part is 2.5D Turbo!!!
Oh MOI KG, yeah like always flooding and traffic jams there! :biggrin:

Ah ya, the new Sienta. Anyway Avanza is still everywhere there, not like in here. But yeah in general, small to mid size MPVs are understandably the preferred vehicle in Indonesia.

What work did you do there?

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
1.8 is 297.
Thanks for telling. I only remember 2.0 is like around 388.

Yeah many Chinese unfortunately were attacked and hurt that time.

Chaotic history. Hopefully the situation today is better for them now.

Compact 7 seater with low displacement engine seems to be their market favorite. Now, the role of this Ertiga is similar to Avanza, just maybe smaller. What is the fuel price per litre over there?

Re-badge mah! sure use their engine loh.......lol
Maybe can do like Waja again. Half Mitsubishi... Use their platform, engine and mechanical stuff. Then later on, change to Proton's own engine.

Then what happened to the current Avanza with new engine after latest facelift? Discontinued over there?

Oh MOI KG, yeah like always flooding and traffic jams there! :biggrin:

Ah ya, the new Sienta. Anyway Avanza is still everywhere there, not like in here. But yeah in general, small to mid size MPVs are understandably the preferred vehicle in Indonesia.

I ride in Avanza all the time because my mother owns one. :banghead: Not nice on highway, make me feel dizzy because too bumpy throughout the journey.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Compact 7 seater with low displacement engine seems to be their market favorite. Now, the role of this Ertiga is similar to Avanza, just maybe smaller. What is the fuel price per litre over there?

More expensive than here, last time when I went back was about rm3 for ron91/92 and about rm3.5 for ron94/95. Also still has ron87 at around rm2 if I remember correctly.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
More expensive than here, last time when I went back was about rm3 for ron91/92 and about rm3.5 for ron94/95. Also still has ron87 at around rm2 if I remember correctly.
Lower than Singapore but still more expensive than here... RON87 sounds so bad for the car engine in long run.... People in Malaysia still complains like crazy at Facebook during fuel price hike even if it is just 10 cents like from RM1.60 to RM1.70.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Lower than Singapore but still more expensive than here... RON87 sounds so bad for the car engine in long run.... People in Malaysia still complains like crazy at Facebook during fuel price hike even if it is just 10 cents like from RM1.60 to RM1.70.
Actually many cars can still use 87/88. In Indonesia, all those low end or older cars are still using it, no issues. If the engines are not requiring higher ron then why pay more, that's just wasting money. I wish here in MY actually got lower ron than 95, maybe at least 90-92, then I'll use that for my wife's Livina! Actually the gov here should do that to alleviate some living cost, so that lower end cars can use even cheaper fuels. Now even old cars have no choice but to drink 95 even though it's a waste.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Bisa la pak, cari makan... Actually company send me there for helping them under a year contract pak... Me work in shipping industries pak..

Chaotic history. Hopefully the situation today is better for them now.

Then what happened to the current Avanza with new engine after latest facelift? Discontinued over there?

I ride in Avanza all the time because my mother owns one. :banghead: Not nice on highway, make me feel dizzy because too bumpy throughout the journey.
Don't try believed 100% on newspapers man.. Actually Indonesia people is much more good, the best I like is they don't racist... We respect each other..

Petrol price are far more expensive than here, if not mistaken like Thailand or China price but the car price, you will shock.. There is no recond cars and Vell fire just like around 250k to 300k RM, brand new ya...

Avanza there is far more better, even when I am there, company CRV also keyless already..

I use a 11 years old Avanza with just 60k mileage, and you won't believe that that car is like new car.. Leather seats, original nice paint and sound system.. Don't know how to explain man.. Far beyond here.. The price.. Below RM 50k and new one discontinued since they like slide door... That's why sientta come to picture where they lost a lot to freed..

Freed with 17 rim 2 piece, superb man.. Only the space is lost but appearance over win Avanza..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually many cars can still use 87/88. In Indonesia, all those low end or older cars are still using it, no issues. If the engines are not requiring higher ron then why pay more, that's just wasting money. I wish here in MY actually got lower ron than 95, maybe at least 90-92, then I'll use that for my wife's Livina! Actually the gov here should do that to alleviate some living cost, so that lower end cars can use even cheaper fuels. Now even old cars have no choice but to drink 95 even though it's a waste.
So, there is not really any benefit like engine protection for using higher RON?

Your idea actually works for rough abused old cars that people use it for daily work.

Bisa la pak, cari makan... Actually company send me there for helping them under a year contract pak... Me work in shipping industries pak..

Don't try believed 100% on newspapers man.. Actually Indonesia people is much more good, the best I like is they don't racist... We respect each other..

Petrol price are far more expensive than here, if not mistaken like Thailand or China price but the car price, you will shock.. There is no recond cars and Vell fire just like around 250k to 300k RM, brand new ya...

Avanza there is far more better, even when I am there, company CRV also keyless already..

I use a 11 years old Avanza with just 60k mileage, and you won't believe that that car is like new car.. Leather seats, original nice paint and sound system.. Don't know how to explain man.. Far beyond here.. The price.. Below RM 50k and new one discontinued since they like slide door... That's why sientta come to picture where they lost a lot to freed..

Freed with 17 rim 2 piece, superb man.. Only the space is lost but appearance over win Avanza..
Is pak a common greeting over there? Now, other than learning about cars, I learn more about our neighboring country from you guys.

Maybe they don't have this ethnic superiority mindset? Never been there before, so I can't say much about them. But not everyone in Malaysia is bad.

Isn't below RM50k for a 11 year old Avanza is high? I think they are selling for like RM20k plus here for a 2005 Avanza.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe can do like Waja again. Half Mitsubishi... Use their platform, engine and mechanical stuff. Then later on, change to Proton's own engine.
Now new cannot mah! Even for Waja started sign with Mitsu for 1.6. Talk went sour for the 1.8 then they sign with Renault for 1.8. That engine failed then only campro come out but that was when both contract all no more already

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Now new cannot mah! Even for Waja started sign with Mitsu for 1.6. Talk went sour for the 1.8 then they sign with Renault for 1.8. That engine failed then only campro come out but that was when both contract all no more already
One car, 3 engines from different manufacturers. Tell me, how many OEM factory cars got such history. :rofl: Got Mitsubishi, Renault and Proton engine. I heard the special version long wheel base Waja called Chancellor even comes with a 4 speed auto 6A12 V6 engine.

Now to think back, Proton really had cooperated with many manufacturers already until now. Lets see...

1. Mitsubishi
2. Citroen
3. Renault
4. Honda
5. Suzuki

And they owned Lotus.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I still wonder why they din rojak the engine tech.
Will be wonderful engine. My 2 cent.
Rojak may not work......lol

Actually re-badge is the way to go if low volume. To make own engine need huge volume .
Look at Chery Acteco engine. Designed by Austrian but built in China. Firstly China market big volume, moreover they are selling to Fiat for used in their cars. Their total volume at least 400k to 500k per year

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Is pak a common greeting over there? Now, other than learning about cars, I learn more about our neighboring country from you guys.

Maybe they don't have this ethnic superiority mindset? Never been there before, so I can't say much about them. But not everyone in Malaysia is bad.

Isn't below RM50k for a 11 year old Avanza is high? I think they are selling for like RM20k plus here for a 2005 Avanza.
Out of topic a bit..
Indonesia Sir is called as Bapak or Pak, Madam is called Ibu or Bu, Mbak is for Ms and Mr is Mas.

Yes, not all Malaysian are bad but there is some common sector that still racist and try to pull out races as trump card (you know what I mean ya..:rofl:)

My friend RM50k is new car la... not used one d.. :driver:lolxxxx

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I still wonder why they din rojak the engine tech.
Will be wonderful engine. My 2 cent.
How to rojak? So far, Proton and Suzuki only got partnership in rebadging, not joint engineering development and research.

Out of topic a bit..
Indonesia Sir is called as Bapak or Pak, Madam is called Ibu or Bu, Mbak is for Ms and Mr is Mas.

Yes, not all Malaysian are bad but there is some common sector that still racist and try to pull out races as trump card (you know what I mean ya..:rofl:)

My friend RM50k is new car la... not used only d.. :driver:lolxxxx
Oh, no wonder. Is like a formal greeting there. Next time I know how to greet them if I met with them.

The ethnic issue in some sector happens in a lot of places, even in well developed countries. Minorities will always be the 2nd class in most cases.

Oh, RM50k for new Avanza is cheap. Here at least RM70k.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
aiyaa...pandai pandai lah. There's so many rebadging....don tell me they not even peek inside the engine, technology....etc. R&D dept lehhh....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

So, there is not really any benefit like engine protection for using higher RON?

Your idea actually works for rough abused old cars that people use it for daily work.

If your car doesn't need higher ron then no point using at all, it's just all placebo effect and waste of money! Like your Wira, can just use ron87/88 actually. :biggrin: All my cars back then only use ron 91/92 also.

Yes, in general Indonesian are more blend in between the different races. The Chinese mixes up a lot with the true locals. Even the locals consist of many very different tribe origins with vastly different cultures. Probably one of the main reason is because we don't have separate schools like here, all schools uses the same curriculum and the same language which is Indonesian. So yeah I'd say less racist than here, but there are some still and on few occasions like that riot, sadly the Chinese became the scapegoat due to their generally higher economic status.

Normal cars are a bit cheaper than here but high end cars especially sports cars or direct imported cars which are not distributed by the brands sole distributors are way more expensive. Over there also cannot import used cars as recon cars like here.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i think currently last 5-6 years can see school accumulate by certain races in malaysia base on population.
Before that, sek kebangsaan is fully mixed of all races. Indeed, is very good. Where the old days, everyone is equal.
I think many late 30's and above in ZTH been through hard time and best time during kids. Where house door is left unlock, neighboring kids run in/out freely. Go to school walking alone, nothing happen.
Nowadays ? get in, close door. I admit i doing it too.
Theft, robbery, kidnap...whoa whatever you can think of.
The monetary gap is getting bigger by days. Very sad. Safety is priority.

Frankly speak, i duno read chinese word. I'm fully sek kebangsaan in primary and secondary.
School din teach racism, don care lah you're tamil-ed, chinese-ed. Tepuk dada, tanya sendiri.
Got one time i join my fren (wearing kopiah), until warung pakcik ask i'm a muslim. He surprise, i say No and fasih bahasa.

Alamak...alignment out again. hehehehe....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know how to DIY a spring stiffener? It is used in between the spring to make it more stiff... to improve braking and handling. I know splitfire is selling but too ex.... around S$80/pair.

For me, I wan to use it so that when going over a hump, my lowered ride wont hit the undercarriage so easily....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience