Proton Ertiga unveiled - 1.4-litre, EEV-certified, from RM59k!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Indonesian do travel, not to say they dont travel but the jam is totally hell..
example.. from Jakarta to Semarang is just 400km like Klang to JB do you all know how long you need to drive? 24 hours non stop (its non stop, no stop for toilet, smoke and eat while driving).. so what is so important of BHP in Indonesia?:biggrin:

Jakarta inner ring highway and outer ring highway is just like a super big roundabout where jam all the way...:bawling::stupid::slug:
Woah? Jam is so bad even at highway? :mad: Time for me to check out Google street view to see how their highway looks like.

Anyone can tag 6UE5T here since he is from Jakarta. I also want to hear his stories on this.
Aiya.. Malaysia jam is nothing compare to there man..
South East Asia top jam countries, Philippines especially Manila followed by Jakarta..
:driver:
I think Bangkok is very bad too.
Apa ni, talking about my beloved home country!? :biggrin:

Jkt-Semarang not 24 hrs la, it's almost 500km but yeah still very long around 9-10hrs non stop I think, can be more if got accidents and stuff. I also had not gone there for a very long time. The reason is because the route is mostly normal roads and will pass thru kampung etc2, not all highway like here. So yeah got many stoppages and traffic and much more dangerous too.

Yes, Jkt inner ring toll is a big circle layout around the city and very common to have jams all over. Other non toll roads also got many jams. If no jam then not Jkt, even on weekends! So yes, like I said before, jam in KL is child's play, nothing compared to Jkt. Still a bit worse than Bangkok coz Bangkok now already has MRT. Only cities like Manila or Mumbai can really rival Jkt. All due to poor infra and too big population.

So yeah don't measure FC in Jakarta, it's easily 2-3km/ltr worse in real average. My 4G67 & 4G63 last time only can reach 9km/ltr at best while my 4G93 about 10km/ltr. As for power, well people always want more power but not as important. Having said that though, nobody there want to buy big d-segment cars with just puny underpowered 2.0ltr NA engines like in here! :biggrin:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Alza 1.5 with 100bhp suffering to drive with 1150kg
this one less than 90bhp and 1175kg, can cry d..
Dont compare to Indonesia coz Indonesia bhp is not important, FC and big fuel tank is important since jam like hell at there...
Wah! Like that, full load habis loh.......:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

Jkt-Semarang not 24 hrs la, it's almost 500km but yeah still very long around 9-10hrs non stop I think, can be more if got accidents and stuff. I also had not gone there for a very long time. The reason is because the route is mostly normal roads and will pass thru kampung etc2, not all highway like here. So yeah got many stoppages and traffic and much more dangerous too.

Yes, Jkt inner ring toll is a big circle layout around the city and very common to have jams all over. Other non toll roads also got many jams. If no jam then not Jkt, even on weekends! So yes, like I said before, jam in KL is child's play, nothing compared to Jkt. Still a bit worse than Bangkok coz Bangkok now already has MRT. Only cities like Manila or Mumbai can really rival Jkt. All due to poor infra and too big population.

So yeah don't measure FC in Jakarta, it's easily 2-3km/ltr worse in real average. My 4G67 & 4G63 last time only can reach 9km/ltr at best while my 4G93 about 10km/ltr. As for power, well people always want more power but not as important. Having said that though, nobody there want to buy big d-segment cars with just puny underpowered 2.0ltr NA engines like in here! :biggrin:
Someone should really pressure the Indonesian government to do something about this. If it is already that bad when you are living there, then it must be worse today.

So, underpowered cars don't sell well in Indonesia? But in Singapore, they can sell. New Civic is available in 1.6 NA over there. Corolla Altis is also available in 1.6 litre. Same goes for Nissan Sylphy. I think these are the only engine option that they got over there. What a joke.. :rofl:

Maybe their tax system don't favor anything over 1.6 litre.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Someone should really pressure the Indonesian government to do something about this. If it is already that bad when you are living there, then it must be worse today.

So, underpowered cars don't sell well in Indonesia? But in Singapore, they can sell. New Civic is available in 1.6 NA over there. Corolla Altis is also available in 1.6 litre. Same goes for Nissan Sylphy. I think these are the only engine option that they got over there. What a joke.. :rofl:

What to do? The gov should've built proper public transports like MRT/LRT starting in the late 80s/early 90s so it would not have gotten this bad, but all they think about was how to corrupt until filthy rich! :banghead: Only now the current gov started to build but as you can imagine the already painful traffic is even worse due to the construction in progress!

Nope, we don't have 2.0 Camry/Accord/Teana/Mazda 6 or 1.6 Altis/Civic anymore. These were only available back in the 90s! You know the old Mercs W124 right? Over there the 3.0 & 3.2 versions were sold a lot more than the 2.3 and 2.0. That's because we don't have stupid road tax which is significantly biased on engine displacement like here! :banghead: The road tax is more fair based on several criteria including engine size, car type, etc2. but the biggest factor is the car value. If one can buy an expensive car then must pay higher road tax. If buy cheap or used car then pay less road tax. So people are not inclined to buy the smallest engine possible like here.

CLS78

Known Member
Aug 24, 2016
Petaling Jaya
I'm comfused what is going on with proton nowadays...why they kept making this type of car...what's up with this 1.4l engine??? Can't they make a good model with suitable engine & specs...if the car is proven to be good...people will still willing to pay for whatever the price are for the car....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, In SG something to do with tax system or their COE. Already many many years. Those days we have 2.0 Accord, their only 1.6

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006

Ya ka Pak, maybe I travel on Friday d... thats why use 24 hours..:biggrin:
My one year there is really a good experience there man...

Wah! Like that, full load habis loh.......:smokin:
Full load?? :slug: :bawling: :banghead: :party:

Thailand still better.. even without the LRT or MRT also better than Manila and Jakarta.
Indonesia is too pack where a lot of things is beyond government control..

FYI ya.. Indonesia 1.5 tax and 1.6 tax is one heaven and one hell.. like our 1.6 and 1.8 roadtax..
Thats why their car all below 1.5.. even juke at there also 1.5 only..
see Toyota, Honda, Daihatsu cars all out with sub 1.5cc to get the special tax discount:driver:
even there got Datsun go+, Honda Mobillio, Avanza (close production now sientta), Honda Freed is sub 1.5 and very famous there

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'm comfused what is going on with proton nowadays...why they kept making this type of car...what's up with this 1.4l engine??? Can't they make a good model with suitable engine & specs...if the car is proven to be good...people will still willing to pay for whatever the price are for the car....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Probably part of the agreement with Suzuki that they must use their engine...

Yup, In SG something to do with tax system or their COE. Already many many years. Those days we have 2.0 Accord, their only 1.6
Now I can imagine the stress of their cars when driving back to Malaysia during festive seasons. In Ipoh can see a lot of Singapore cars. Struggling with 1.6 litre on highway... Come to think of it, their car might struggle even more than my Wira since their car is heavier plus using auto..

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

What to do? The gov should've built proper public transports like MRT/LRT starting in the late 80s/early 90s so it would not have gotten this bad, but all they think about was how to corrupt until filthy rich! :banghead: Only now the current gov started to build but as you can imagine the already painful traffic is even worse due to the construction in progress!

Nope, we don't have 2.0 Camry/Accord/Teana/Mazda 6 or 1.6 Altis/Civic anymore. These were only available back in the 90s! You know the old Mercs W124 right? Over there the 3.0 & 3.2 versions were sold a lot more than the 2.3 and 2.0. That's because we don't have stupid road tax which is significantly biased on engine displacement like here! :banghead: The road tax is more fair based on several criteria including engine size, car type, etc2. but the biggest factor is the car value. If one can buy an expensive car then must pay higher road tax. If buy cheap or used car then pay less road tax. So people are not inclined to buy the smallest engine possible like here.
Umm, well at least now they are doing something about public transport. Better late than never I guess.... But it is surprising that no one really stand out and make a lash back at the government for their inefficiency and corruption like you said. Your country have the people, if enough of them make a stand, maybe it might change something? Or punishment against any government rebels is very harsh?

If the roadtax system here don't suck so badly, I'm quite sure cars like 350Z, Lexus LS400 won't suffer such a bad resale value. They are good cars with good engine, not to mention good engineering too. But the roadtax killed their demand...

Full load?? :slug: :bawling: :banghead: :party:

Thailand still better.. even without the LRT or MRT also better than Manila and Jakarta.
Indonesia is too pack where a lot of things is beyond government control..

FYI ya.. Indonesia 1.5 tax and 1.6 tax is one heaven and one hell.. like our 1.6 and 1.8 roadtax..
Thats why their car all below 1.5.. even juke at there also 1.5 only..
see Toyota, Honda, Daihatsu cars all out with sub 1.5cc to get the special tax discount:driver:
even there got Datsun go+, Honda Mobillio, Avanza (close production now sientta), Honda Freed is sub 1.5 and very famous there
If I am not mistaken, Indonesia is the 4th most populous country in the world after China, India and USA. They really have a lot of people over there... I guess that is also why cars like this Ertiga can sell over there. Such a big market since there are so many people. A budget car like this might suit the needs of many especially the low income group with big family.

I think our 1.6 and 1.8 difference is not so bad despite 2 times the amount compared to 1.6 litre. 1.6 litre I think is around RM90 while 1.8 is like RM180?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Umm, well at least now they are doing something about public transport. Better late than never I guess.... But it is surprising that no one really stand out and make a lash back at the government for their inefficiency and corruption like you said. Your country have the people, if enough of them make a stand, maybe it might change something? Or punishment against any government rebels is very harsh?

If the roadtax system here don't suck so badly, I'm quite sure cars like 350Z, Lexus LS400 won't suffer such a bad resale value. They are good cars with good engine, not to mention good engineering too. But the roadtax killed their demand...

If I am not mistaken, Indonesia is the 4th most populous country in the world after China, India and USA. They really have a lot of people over there... I guess that is also why cars like this Ertiga can sell over there. Such a big market since there are so many people. A budget car like this might suit the needs of many especially the low income group with big family.

I think our 1.6 and 1.8 difference is not so bad despite 2 times the amount compared to 1.6 litre. 1.6 litre I think is around RM90 while 1.8 is like RM180?
Well yeah during the Suharto gov, people did not dare to protest but finally we had done that to force him out during the economic crisis in 98, big riots back then. Unfortunately after many subsequent replacements, also still not good. Not sure now with the current Jokowi presidency whether finally we will have a better gov.

Yeah, smaller low end MPVs are selling well in Indonesia, matching the big population with low income. Yes the engine size also matters in the road tax there but got other factors too like the vehicle type and car price/value, not too biased on engine size like here.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

When were you staying there?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well yeah during the Suharto gov, people did not dare to protest but finally we had done that to force him out during the economic crisis in 98, big riots back then. Unfortunately after many subsequent replacements, also still not good. Not sure now with the current Jokowi presidency whether finally we will have a better gov.

Yeah, smaller low end MPVs are selling well in Indonesia, matching the big population with low income. Yes the engine size also matters in the road tax there but got other factors too like the vehicle type and car price/value, not too biased on engine size like here.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

I heard things are very brutal back then. Things like ethnic cleansing where Chinese people really suffered badly. I'll say the current status of Chinese people in Malaysia is much better compared to those in Indonesia back then.

I think Avanza is also doing well in Indonesia. I even saw some funny videos of it in youtube by Indonesians. Drifting Avanza and another one with Avanza manual but somehow he sync his speaker with some phone app and turned the exhaust sound into Lamborghini sound when he is driving. :rofl: Is Proton selling any of their cars in Indonesia? I know Perodua did.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Probably part of the agreement with Suzuki that they must use their engine...

Now I can imagine the stress of their cars when driving back to Malaysia during festive seasons. In Ipoh can see a lot of Singapore cars. Struggling with 1.6 litre on highway... Come to think of it, their car might struggle even more than my Wira since their car is heavier plus using auto..

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

1.8 is 297.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I heard things are very brutal back then. Things like ethnic cleansing where Chinese people really suffered badly. I'll say the current status of Chinese people in Malaysia is much better compared to those in Indonesia back then.

I think Avanza is also doing well in Indonesia. I even saw some funny videos of it in youtube by Indonesians. Drifting Avanza and another one with Avanza manual but somehow he sync his speaker with some phone app and turned the exhaust sound into Lamborghini sound when he is driving. :rofl: Is Proton selling any of their cars in Indonesia? I know Perodua did.
Yeah many Chinese unfortunately were attacked and hurt that time.

Avanza is selling like hot cakes there. Proton also sells some cars since several years ago but not selling well at all.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
[/COLOR]

end 2013 till mid 2015 pak.. stay at MOI Kelapa Gading super famous in flood area:biggrin:

Avanza is selling like hot cakes there. Proton also sells some cars since several years ago but not selling well at all.
Avanza no more already Pak, close case and change to Sientta already but Kijang still remain production and the best part is 2.5D Turbo!!!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
end 2013 till mid 2015 pak.. stay at MOI Kelapa Gading super famous in flood area:biggrin:

Avanza no more already Pak, close case and change to Sientta already but Kijang still remain production and the best part is 2.5D Turbo!!!
Oh MOI KG, yeah like always flooding and traffic jams there! :biggrin:

Ah ya, the new Sienta. Anyway Avanza is still everywhere there, not like in here. But yeah in general, small to mid size MPVs are understandably the preferred vehicle in Indonesia.

What work did you do there?

Last edited: