Isawara CAI

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
any iswara owners did CAI ? can show me or tell me how u did it ? coz i`m at the end of my brain thinking of the jalan

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
haha... i used to be in ur situation too... but at last i did mine...
the CAI hose cannot pass through the front like other cars... must go through the sides under the fenders...
do u notice there's a small round hole at the sides jz behind ur headlamp??... get ur CAI hose through there, vertically going down the mudguard, then reroute it back up through the sides of ur bumper.... some told me they dont need to open the side fenders but from what i see, u need lo... once u open the fenders, u'll get the idea of how to route the CAI hose out...

in this way, u also dont have to worry any water being sucked up coz water can hardly go vertically up the CAI hose...

i try to post up pictures next time... wish u luck....

ChuckY

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Bukit OUG
errr i did mine..i posted last time try search for it...

hey bro sky...i tot of that too...but my mech got better idea. u juz cut the metal beside the headlamp...so that ur CAI can go thru juz beside it...err dunno how to explain lah..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
if ur mech can cut a hole for u good lo... if not u'll need a blowtorch or mechanical saw to do it...

if u want DIY, try to figure how to take off that fender and cut abit of mudguard away... that mudguard is made of hard rubber, so if u got big scissors can enough adi....

pictures still havent available... sorry....

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
wei sides ar ? wahre got ohh ? facing the engine la left side the water reservoir bolcking oledi then on the right got one hole but ar the hole can head out maer ? do like wira one lo .... use how many inch hose ar ? same like wira 2.5" ar ? i think smaller laer ? can post pic again .... how to look 4 it ohh u know how mnay thread i ave to go through ar ?

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
CAI = Cold Air Intake lo ..... mostly cars not CAIed the air comes from engine ma .... so its like taking back hot air lo ... if got CAI oledi then the car is taking cold air lo .... how ? then have to depend on your car lo .... gotta ask professional ... i onli know how to do CAI on wira onli .... thanks to KHGUAN idea .....

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
there's many ways (well, not really many, but quite a few) to do a CAI in ur car la...

like wat they said, can cut the mudguard, or hold at the side bla bla ...

but u can do other ways too ..

Think.

go jack-up ur car, look everywhere in ur engine bay ... trial n error la bro.

Sky_Legend

Known Member
Jul 30, 2005
Penang
evo5229 said:
sorry for all the ZTH here...can i know wat is CAI......n skywalker try 2 post the pic can...ehhe..thanlss alot
i refer to post by edwin_lcw:
"CAI = Cold Air Intake lo ..... mostly cars not CAIed the air comes from engine ma .... so its like taking back hot air lo ... if got CAI oledi then the car is taking cold air lo .... "

so, this should answer ur question...

regards,

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
evo5229 said:
sorry for all the ZTH here...can i know wat is CAI......n skywalker try 2 post the pic can...ehhe..thanlss alot
there is a few threads in DIY section here wid pics of their CAI (Cool Air Intake) ... go search.

type "jaywat Cool Air Intake" in Search.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wei sides ar ? wahre got ohh ? facing the engine la left side the water reservoir bolcking oledi then on the right got one hole but ar the hole can head out maer ? do like wira one lo .... use how many inch hose ar ? same like wira 2.5" ar ? i think smaller laer ? can post pic again .... how to look 4 it ohh u know how mnay thread i ave to go through ar ?
yeap... actually both sides also u can do CAI... on the right side, the hole is clear for u to sumbat the CAI hose through... if u wanna do it on left side, u have to relocate the headlight relays... the hole is jz in the middle between the water reservoir and headlamp, so ur CAI hose will be able to fit through...

finding the part to get the hose was easy... but be reminded that u cant jz use force and sumbat ur CAI hose all the way down as there is a piece or rubber mudguard blocking the way... if u lazy to open the fenders, jack up ur car... unscrew a few bolts somewhere near the area... pull down the rubber mudguard and cut a hole jz enough for ur CAI hose to go through...
of coz u will get the whole idea if u willing to open the troublesome fender..

for CAI hose diameter, i'm not too sure which one i'm using... i'm using car aircond hose, those black flexible rubber hose... that hose jz manage to fit through that round hole at the side....

for the pictures, sorry to say i'm now back at hometown... my line (dail-up) here is extremely slow... but i'll try to get it done in cybercafe... in the mean time, try get ur hands dirty and figure out ur own lo....:regular_smile:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Iswara no need to specially Do CAI...just get the original airbox hose that connect from the stock airbox to mudguard...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:huh: ,,always listen to ppl brake pad is thin,,need to change..but i never know how to check it.

Any sifu out there can point me a way to do it. This is extra important when i go to visit any type shop...coz they will for sure say ur brake pad thinning and need a change (can't blame them as they are also cari makan)

So... how to measure the brake pad thickness and comfirm when to change... :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience