Is the CR-Z coming to SuperGT?

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

While speculation is the fuel that burns the innards of the internet’s engines, how could you not let your imagination run wild when images of a wide-bodied, mid-engined Honda CR-Z pop up on the net?

The shots here are courtesy of the GT Channel and show a CR-Z getting the widebody treatment and its V-configured engine sitting behind the driver.

It would make sense for Honda to campaign the CR-Z in the GT300 class as it’s bigger brother, the Honda HSV-10, is currently occupying second spot in the top-tier GT500 category. The engine and chassis restrictions are more relaxed in the lower GT300 class, hence the V6 or V8 engine being moved to the middle. Even the doors are constructed out of carbon fiber.

If the car is being built to be run in the SuperGT, testing would commence later this year and if all the kinks are ironed out, hopefully the CR-Z will be lining up on the grid next year when the SuperGT circus comes to Sepang.

Source: Autoblog

Attachments

khellvinne

Known Member
Aug 15, 2010
Johor Bahru
CR-Z..? Taking over CR-X?
and the design looks abit like S2000...
hope to see it on the road soon~ :):proud:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
eh?d CR-Z is already running on our M'sian roads?damn..i've yet 2 c 1....even in it's stock form,Jeremy Clarkson gave it a favourable review.....dis version shud kick ass!

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
heh? CR-Z already on our roads? for real?

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

wait wait, so next year still got supergt in sepang?? sweet!
now that u mentioned it...ya hor...there was news a month or so back that they might cancel superGT at sepang...but the article at autoblog didnt say anything bout news on whether there will be or not be a superGT at sepang nex year...

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
honda's gone mad for the better..
turning a hybrid into a full race-spec gas guzzler...
im not mad but im happy.....
now, lets make a satria neo gt300 shall we....

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
well i still hate the back. It has this funny flat shape.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
heh? CR-Z already on our roads? for real?

now that u mentioned it...ya hor...there was news a month or so back that they might cancel superGT at sepang...but the article at autoblog didnt say anything bout news on whether there will be or not be a superGT at sepang nex year...
I hope there will be another Sepang Super GT, I'll surely go again. :driver:
So, Arturo, u must come for next year's Super GT :biggrin:

Still, prefer the Honda HSV :smile:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
definately this cr-z a tasty one....

what engine would it be???

N/A lexus v6???

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

definately this cr-z a tasty one....

what engine would it be???

N/A lexus v6???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The central lock for passenger side already got problem for quite some time but recently got worsen.
Can't open from outside anymore. So it's time to replace it.

At first I thought it's something like proton central lock, but for my Toyota SEG the central lock is in one assembly with door lock mechanism. So went to halftcut to find a replacement.

Fisrtly remove internal door cover which I've not shown here.
Then remove 4 screws at the door as in the picture. 3 screws for door lock...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience