Extractors and exhaust systems

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by slk850@Feb 24 2005, 02:09
Hi Sirazul,

I'm currently using 3-2-1 PZ Extractor on my stock engine (Perodua EX850 Kancil) and stock piping.
If i wanna change a quite setting exhaust system, wat are the best size piping should i put on ?

I prefer you give me your best solution, i'm from Penang. :)
The standard piping is already large enough, it's 1.5".
For more quiet operation, it's not the pipe size that matters, but the silencer that you have.
Can you tell what is your set up now?

shelby

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
Sorry to interrupt, one more last question before i make my trip to PowerZone this weekend. Do you have addittional add-on heatshield for the extractor? Would like to have one for ( realibility reason ) and how much to top up . Thanks

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by Powerzone+Feb 24 2005, 11:49 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Powerzone @ Feb 24 2005, 11:49 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-slk850@Feb 24 2005, 02:09
Hi Sirazul,

I'm currently using 3-2-1 PZ Extractor on my stock engine (Perodua EX850 Kancil) and stock piping.
If i wanna change a quite setting exhaust system, wat are the best size piping should i put on ?

I prefer you give me your best solution, i'm from Penang.  :)
For more quiet operation, it's not the pipe size that matters, but the silencer that you have.
Can you tell what is your set up now? [/b][/quote]
Thx for your fast reply, my current set up are only replace PZ Extractor. The rest all remain stock.

Mayb my previous questions make you confuse, sorry for it.
I was planning to change exhaust system, but i dun want so lound setting. Thats why ask solutions from you. :) Wat is the proper setting of exhaust system for quite type set up ? :rolleyes:

Thank you very much.

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by shelby@Feb 24 2005, 05:03
Sorry to interrupt, one more last question before i make my trip to PowerZone this weekend. Do you have addittional add-on heatshield for the extractor? Would like to have one for ( realibility reason ) and how much to top up . Thanks
We can modify the mounting on the original heatshield and reuse it for RM30.
Or you can choose the heat wrap but it costs RM150. However, it's better 'cos it keeps the heat in and maintain a higher temperature differential, resulting in better engine thermal efficiency (may help improve performance). :)

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by slk850+Feb 24 2005, 07:13 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (slk850 @ Feb 24 2005, 07:13 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Powerzone@Feb 24 2005, 11:49
<!--QuoteBegin-slk850
@Feb 24 2005, 02:09
Hi Sirazul,

I prefer you give me your best solution, i'm from Penang. :)

Can you tell what is your set up now?
Thx for your fast reply, my current set up are only replace PZ Extractor. The rest all remain stock.

Mayb my previous questions make you confuse, sorry for it.
I was planning to change exhaust system, but i dun want so lound setting. Thats why ask solutions from you. :) Wat is the proper setting of exhaust system for quite type set up ? :rolleyes:

Thank you very much. [/b][/quote]
OK, thanks, now we know what you're talking about.
Essentially, the standard piping is sufficient, but you can replace it with a 1.6" dia. pipe, that's the max.
The noise control depends on the rear muffler that you're after. A straight flow type is very noisy and you lose the low end, and consumes more fuel . So, a better choice is the S-flow baffle plate type, but the internal pipe size should not be more than 1.6". Hope you can find one.

asd

Known Member
Feb 24, 2004
Klang
Visit site
tell me more bout your xtractor?diffrent between outsiders and your product?which of the product gain more power?izzit every single car that have install the xtractor have to custom made?
cheers

slk850

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Thanks alot for Sirazul. :)

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
mr. sirazul,
what sort of setup would you recommend for my 4G93P eh? it's on a putra and i was wondering after the extractor, there'll be two bullets then what muffler should i use? get a branded one or one from everco will do?

oh, also, i've heard that the max piping for an NA 4G93P shouldn't exceed 1.8" am i right? if so, what about the muffler? even if i can find an S-flow one but the inlet is normally 2 inches or more...let's not start with the outlet as some can get really big.

so what would you suggest?

thanks.

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by asd@Feb 25 2005, 03:23
tell me more bout your xtractor?diffrent between outsiders and your product?which of the product gain more power?izzit every single car that have install the xtractor have to custom made?
cheers
Please go to page 3 of this forum. You'll find the answer there.

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by whatdamn@Feb 25 2005, 08:01
mr. sirazul,
what sort of setup would you recommend for my 4G93P eh? it's on a putra and i was wondering after the extractor, there'll be two bullets then what muffler should i use? get a branded one or one from everco will do?

oh, also, i've heard that the max piping for an NA 4G93P shouldn't exceed 1.8" am i right? if so, what about the muffler? even if i can find an S-flow one but the inlet is normally 2 inches or more...let's not start with the outlet as some can get really big.

so what would you suggest?

thanks.
After the extractor you need only 1 center bullet type silencer, followed by a rear box of the S-flow type. Piping size should be kept at 1.8" all the way.
We know it's hard to find the correct pipe size for most silencers outside 'cos most of them are local chop ayam products. Those from Japan are tuned for turbo-charged cars. Perhaps you can get a used muffler from a Honda Accord (original) and mod it to fit your car. Honda and Nissan have good NA tuned mufflers on their original cars.

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
oh, i thought 1 bullet as a replacement for the cat-con and the other one is welded just before the muffler right?

what's the current piping size for stock putras? 1.8" already? but i don't think it's mandrel bent right? it should be pressed bent to cut costs or something. so should i get a fresh 1.8" piping?

yperd

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
:o how about perdana one ah, i like to use the stock standard 2.0 se manual engine but i want to get the optimum power from it, i've just install a drop in k&n filter. what are the other choices should i do to have the max power gain from this stock engine. if i change the extractor, how much ? how bout the o2 sensor ? did you took it out or install it ? anything thank you for your feedback. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
We apologize for that, but we're trying to keep it within the budget of most Perodua owners.
Anyway, thanks for your feedback guys. We'll have to sell the extractor with the bullet silencer in future.
so means u guys never did a proper R&D then.

3. All extractors are designed with OEM fittings, no messy joints or welding, and installations are reversible.
so if i were needed to get ya so called special made bullet for my stock pipe. how does this quote going to apply to it??...

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
eheheh...i had already mentioned my car was running without a cat for some time b4 i got the Pz extractor, and i never experienced any weird noises then. explain explain! :P

oh...and you havent mentioned yet...optimum exhaust setup for the kelisa/kenari...same like the kancil 850 (which u did mention)? cannot be ma right? :)

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by lonewolf@Feb 25 2005, 11:28
We apologize for that, but we're trying to keep it within the budget of most Perodua owners.
Anyway, thanks for your feedback guys. We'll have to sell the extractor with the bullet silencer in future.
so means u guys never did a proper R&D then.

3. All extractors are designed with OEM fittings, no messy joints or welding, and installations are reversible.
so if i were needed to get ya so called special made bullet for my stock pipe. how does this quote going to apply to it??...
As far as the extractor is concerned, it's been tested and the noise level is not that great. For those who want it to be more quiet, we recommend adding the center bullet. There's already the solution. And you don't have to get it from us.
What are you? Some kind of lawyer? If you read the quote carefully you'll notice we mentioned "All extractors are designed with OEM fittings..." Keyword is "extractors", or did we mention bullet?
But anyway, thanks for highlighting. We'll take your point into consideration when designing the bullet so that it can be fitted nicely. We don't want to challege you as you're quite an expert, but we appreciate constructive feedback from knowledgeable customers. Heck, it's the K-economy???

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by tks@Feb 25 2005, 14:33
eheheh...i had already mentioned my car was running without a cat for some time b4 i got the Pz extractor, and i never experienced any weird noises then. explain explain! :P

oh...and you havent mentioned yet...optimum exhaust setup for the kelisa/kenari...same like the kancil 850 (which u did mention)? cannot be ma right? :)
Did you say you've been without the cat b4? I thought what we took out from your car is the original exhaust manifold, which has a built-in cat inside the large canister. But, maybe I'm wrong here.
Yes, the setup for Kenari is similar (not exactly the same) to the Kancil 850. We did a formula based calculation and the difference in the optimum center pipe size between Kelisa and Kancil is just 3mm in diameter. Finding the exact pipe size may not be possible as there is a limited selection in the market. So, in practice the Kelisa and Kancil share the same piping setup. There's not that much difference in engine cc. Even the standard Wira 1.3 and 1.6 has the same piping size! The bottom line is if the exact pipe size is not available commercially, always pick the next nearest size. There's not much effect on performance. As mentioned somewhere within this forum your pipe size is 1.6" max.

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
true it was the stock manifold...but i emptied it out...so no cat...tin kosong only... ;)

lonewolf's problem was on idling...not noise output when driving...in case some of you missed that la...dont get the wrong ideas about the product! :)

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
FYI, the tin kosong is now a huge chamber that acts as an accumulator/resonator and hence can suppress exhaust noise.
This resonator principle is used in the Proton Perdana 2.0.

xcmeo

Mar 1, 2005
Do you have an extractor for waja yet? If yes how much + installation (how long too). Can I just changed the extractor without changing other components like the cat & rear silencer? What improvement would I gain from just having the extractor changed?

Btw mine is an auto & I prefer a silent setup (do not want to be noisier than stock unit & that 'preng' sound at 2K rpm...). Can that be achieved?

Thanks.

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
Originally posted by Powerzone@Feb 26 2005, 17:03
Did you say you've been without the cat b4? I thought what we took out from your car is the original exhaust manifold, which has a built-in cat inside the large canister. But, maybe I'm wrong here.
Yes, the setup for Kenari is similar (not exactly the same) to the Kancil 850. We did a formula based calculation and the difference in the optimum center pipe size between Kelisa and Kancil is just 3mm in diameter. Finding the exact pipe size may not be possible as there is a limited selection in the market. So, in practice the Kelisa and Kancil share the same piping setup. There's not that much difference in engine cc. Even the standard Wira 1.3 and 1.6 has the same piping size! The bottom line is if the exact pipe size is not available commercially, always pick the next nearest size. There's not much effect on performance. As mentioned somewhere within this forum your pipe size is 1.6" max.
any shops to recommend (where do u normally make them?) to do the exhaust setup according to your specs?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day,

My Wira meter posses so many problem as it reaches 2xx,xxxkm liao. I bought Lancer meter from a friend for RM100 and DIY fitting it. The cluster removal is quite straight forward but the socket pin rearrangement is really complicated.

Thus, I would like to share the pin rearrangement diagram drawn by myself. Hope its help for who have the same intention.

http://www.dokaugot.fotopic.net/
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience