Extractors and exhaust systems

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by tks@Feb 25 2005, 14:33
eheheh...i had already mentioned my car was running without a cat for some time b4 i got the Pz extractor, and i never experienced any weird noises then. explain explain! :P

oh...and you havent mentioned yet...optimum exhaust setup for the kelisa/kenari...same like the kancil 850 (which u did mention)? cannot be ma right? :)
Did you say you've been without the cat b4? I thought what we took out from your car is the original exhaust manifold, which has a built-in cat inside the large canister. But, maybe I'm wrong here.
Yes, the setup for Kenari is similar (not exactly the same) to the Kancil 850. We did a formula based calculation and the difference in the optimum center pipe size between Kelisa and Kancil is just 3mm in diameter. Finding the exact pipe size may not be possible as there is a limited selection in the market. So, in practice the Kelisa and Kancil share the same piping setup. There's not that much difference in engine cc. Even the standard Wira 1.3 and 1.6 has the same piping size! The bottom line is if the exact pipe size is not available commercially, always pick the next nearest size. There's not much effect on performance. As mentioned somewhere within this forum your pipe size is 1.6" max.

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
true it was the stock manifold...but i emptied it out...so no cat...tin kosong only... ;)

lonewolf's problem was on idling...not noise output when driving...in case some of you missed that la...dont get the wrong ideas about the product! :)

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
FYI, the tin kosong is now a huge chamber that acts as an accumulator/resonator and hence can suppress exhaust noise.
This resonator principle is used in the Proton Perdana 2.0.

xcmeo

Mar 1, 2005
Do you have an extractor for waja yet? If yes how much + installation (how long too). Can I just changed the extractor without changing other components like the cat & rear silencer? What improvement would I gain from just having the extractor changed?

Btw mine is an auto & I prefer a silent setup (do not want to be noisier than stock unit & that 'preng' sound at 2K rpm...). Can that be achieved?

Thanks.

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
Originally posted by Powerzone@Feb 26 2005, 17:03
Did you say you've been without the cat b4? I thought what we took out from your car is the original exhaust manifold, which has a built-in cat inside the large canister. But, maybe I'm wrong here.
Yes, the setup for Kenari is similar (not exactly the same) to the Kancil 850. We did a formula based calculation and the difference in the optimum center pipe size between Kelisa and Kancil is just 3mm in diameter. Finding the exact pipe size may not be possible as there is a limited selection in the market. So, in practice the Kelisa and Kancil share the same piping setup. There's not that much difference in engine cc. Even the standard Wira 1.3 and 1.6 has the same piping size! The bottom line is if the exact pipe size is not available commercially, always pick the next nearest size. There's not much effect on performance. As mentioned somewhere within this forum your pipe size is 1.6" max.
any shops to recommend (where do u normally make them?) to do the exhaust setup according to your specs?

wajaf4p1800

Feb 15, 2005
powerzone bro,

i know u have extractors for waja 1.6s coz u've sold them to wpc members... ;) very good reviews from the users too... is there any chance u might be interested to build an extractor for the 1.8s? :D i'm from wpc as well and i know some owners like me who would love to change the extractor ;) cheerios

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
xcmeo: Yes, we have, it's RM450 with installation. About 5% improvement is usual. Don't worry, no excesssive noise. Ask the WPC guys.

tks: We used to have a good buddy shop down the road, but alas, they closed down a month ago. So, you're on your own here, sorry.

wajaf4p1800: We'd like to start on this model, but we've to wait and see for the population to multiply first, you know economies of scale.
But if you can't wait we don't mind giving the specs FOC (come and see us), and you can get it fabricated at some cooperative shops. You see, most shops don't want to look at our specs, they've their own ideas; lot's of sifu out there! Well, we can only advise, but we don't challege.

lonewolf

1,000 RPM
Jun 3, 2004
tks : dah pasang...got problem..kena makan sendiri lor..u get what i mean :ph34r:

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by limch1@Mar 7 2005, 05:31
Hi

Do we have things like O2 Simulator?
http://www.o2simulator.com/

Because the CEL (check engine light) always on...

Thanks
No, we don't have this product. It's best to replace the faulty unit with the same part.

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by lonewolf@Mar 7 2005, 08:29
tks : dah pasang...got problem..kena makan sendiri lor..u get what i mean :ph34r:
tks: We can recommend you another shop that do a proper job. Just let us know if you still need it.

yperd

Known Member
Jan 3, 2005
Originally posted by yperd@Feb 25 2005, 17:53
:o how about perdana one ah, i like to use the stock standard 2.0 se manual engine but i want to get the optimum power from it, i've just install a drop in k&n filter. what are the other choices should i do to have the max power gain from this stock engine. if i change the extractor, how much ? how bout the o2 sensor ? did you took it out or install it ? anything thank you for your feedback. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:o still didn't answer my question, what to know what to do & how much$$$. thanks :lol:

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
Originally posted by Powerzone+Mar 9 2005, 11:14 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Powerzone @ Mar 9 2005, 11:14 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lonewolf@Mar 7 2005, 08:29
tks: We can recommend you another shop that do a proper job. Just let us know if you still need it. [/b][/quote]
that'll be great! :) is it also nearby?

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by yperd+Mar 9 2005, 09:42 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yperd @ Mar 9 2005, 09:42 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-yperd@Feb 25 2005, 17:53
:o how about perdana one ah, i like to use the stock standard 2.0 se manual engine but i want to get the optimum power from it, i've just install a drop in k&n filter. what are the other choices should i do to have the max power gain from this stock engine. if i change the extractor, how much ? how bout the o2 sensor ? did you took it out or install it ? anything thank you for your feedback. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:o still didn't answer my question, what to know what to do & how much$$$. thanks :lol: [/b][/quote]
Sorry, must've miss you due to the heavy traffic in this forum!

We've the hi-performance cam, ported head, but no extractor. The standard manifold is worth keeping as it's got long primaries.

Costs: Cam + install + adjustment=RM1450
Ported head + install + parts=RM1800.

O2 is retained. Some older models don't have it though. Leave the exhaust system standard, good enough.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YzIFhvtWWzk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi guys Here is the timelapse video of my car getting wrapped Enjoy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience