Carburetor Section

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I have a question about purchasing a weber carb. I looked on a weber carb site but they did not have a kit for the 4g13 12 valve engine. I have a Lancer I am guessing its 1990~. Can I just buy a 32/36 dgv weber and then make my own gasket or adaptors? Or should I buy a kit that is close enough to my engine and then make the additional parts? Thanks in advance

On the weber site, they don't have any gasket or adaptor that fits this shape. Is there anywhere to find a template of it online?
Maybe carbs car are getting less and less. Those days my friend did his 3rd. Gen Civic, I did on my 3rd Gen Accord and there were adapters for them. Nowadays not sure where to get them. Probably best to check with the webers resellers.....

ZeroXblade

Oct 19, 2014
Kota Kinablau
Hey guys I'm new here, I own an old mazda astina with a 1.6 l B6 SOHC, the carb mount to the engine block there leaking liao, any suggestions on how to fix?
Also it has problem revving past 4k rpm :(

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hey guys I'm new here, I own an old mazda astina with a 1.6 l B6 SOHC, the carb mount to the engine block there leaking liao, any suggestions on how to fix?
You have to check the carb leak, whether is it the gasket leak or the carb is warp. If gasket leak, then need to service with carb kit. If carb is warp, then you need to find another carb as replacement.

ZeroXblade

Oct 19, 2014
Kota Kinablau
You have to check the carb leak, whether is it the gasket leak or the carb is warp. If gasket leak, then need to service with carb kit. If carb is warp, then you need to find another carb as replacement.
Any idea where to source the replacement? I'm in Kota Kinabalu and the parts for a mazda astina is rare or almost impossible to find here...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Carb are mounted on the intake.
if its the gasket then it can be fixed.if not then its like bro vr2 said.
if your carb ori gasket is steel and u cant find a replacement then use copper spray.i do belive u can replacement gasket but asbestos type.i dont prefer that type as my carb has water running through it.
btw i am talking abt pajerk but its roughly the same.

on the problem that u cnat rev beyond 4k rpm,i suggest u have the leak fix first amd if the problem is still there then it could be the distributor.
do check all the vacuum hoses.make sure none are crack or leaks.

ZeroXblade

Oct 19, 2014
Kota Kinablau
Carb are mounted on the intake.
if its the gasket then it can be fixed.if not then its like bro vr2 said.
if your carb ori gasket is steel and u cant find a replacement then use copper spray.i do belive u can replacement gasket but asbestos type.i dont prefer that type as my carb has water running through it.
btw i am talking abt pajerk but its roughly the same.

on the problem that u cnat rev beyond 4k rpm,i suggest u have the leak fix first amd if the problem is still there then it could be the distributor.
do check all the vacuum hoses.make sure none are crack or leaks.
Yeah planning to open it up soon, but most likely its the carb acting up, the previous owner had it replaced not long ago, but the carb itself has been used for more than 350k..

Thanks man will check that out. So far non of the vacuum hoses seems to have cracks or leaks but I could be wrong. T

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yeah planning to open it up soon, but most likely its the carb acting up, the previous owner had it replaced not long ago, but the carb itself has been used for more than 350k..

Thanks man will check that out. So far non of the vacuum hoses seems to have cracks or leaks but I could be wrong. T
One thing u can try is to spray a whole can of carb cleaner.
Only do this after u replace the gasket.
its simple,remove the air cleaner assembly,start the engine and keep the rev at 2-3 k rpm and start spraying the cleaner in busrts.
Since u will doing it yourself then i hope u dont mind removing the carb again if it is really kong.
carb spray solve my rough idling and hesitating problem.

remember to mark all vacuum hose,fuel hose and water hose properly.dont gatal2 tangan and adjust this or that adjustment screw.btw,i replaced my 4 carb mounting bokt with stainless steel type as the stock bolt can be corroded and jammed in the future.

on tuning,if u can find a carb otai then u can ask him to tune your carb.u can also reduce fc by replacing the jet.too bad no more or very2 hard to find such people anymore.

and above all,enjoy your diy.

ZeroXblade

Oct 19, 2014
Kota Kinablau
One thing u can try is to spray a whole can of carb cleaner.
Only do this after u replace the gasket.
its simple,remove the air cleaner assembly,start the engine and keep the rev at 2-3 k rpm and start spraying the cleaner in busrts.
Since u will doing it yourself then i hope u dont mind removing the carb again if it is really kong.
carb spray solve my rough idling and hesitating problem.

remember to mark all vacuum hose,fuel hose and water hose properly.dont gatal2 tangan and adjust this or that adjustment screw.btw,i replaced my 4 carb mounting bokt with stainless steel type as the stock bolt can be corroded and jammed in the future.

on tuning,if u can find a carb otai then u can ask him to tune your carb.u can also reduce fc by replacing the jet.too bad no more or very2 hard to find such people anymore.

and above all,enjoy your diy.
I'll try replacing the gaskets and cleaning the carb, hopefully that can solve my problem or else my project gonna empty my wallet :((

Here quite hard to find those carb otai oh, even tuning my other car also quite hard to find liao and that is running efi...

I'm quite tempted to change the mounting bolts too, almost all the nuts and bolts in the car are losing the gigi already, so hard to remove.. Thanks man you're a great help!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

If you know how to service the carb, will be better. Since you mentioned it has done 350k km already, so the float camber should be quite dirty by now. When open, clean up the internals, probably dirty so your fuel feed also maybe not enough to sustain pass 4k rpm....

If cannot find a replacement try to mod other carb on, but you will need an adapter. Worse case fit a performance Weber carb on. Sure to go pass your 4k rpm problem....hahhahhaa:biggrin:

ZeroXblade

Oct 19, 2014
Kota Kinablau
If you know how to service the carb, will be better. Since you mentioned it has done 350k km already, so the float camber should be quite dirty by now. When open, clean up the internals, probably dirty so your fuel feed also maybe not enough to sustain pass 4k rpm....

If cannot find a replacement try to mod other carb on, but you will need an adapter. Worse case fit a performance Weber carb on. Sure to go pass your 4k rpm problem....hahhahhaa:biggrin:
I really wanna learn man, found the manual for assembling/disassembling the carb liao, just waiting for the right time to open up.. quite scared open liao cannot put back then die loh ahahha

Wah fit Weber carb my wallet burn hole loh taiko.. this just a project car to gain experience going budget as much as posibble hehehe

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If u decide to diy service the carb then do take pic and post the step here.
Btw one of the bolt hole on my carb has its thread damaged as its corroded.had to clean the tread using hand tap.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If u decide to diy service the carb then do take pic and post the step here.
Btw one of the bolt hole on my carb has its thread damaged as its corroded.had to clean the tread using hand tap.
Take pic so can know how it was also, at least try to put back in that shape.....hhahahhaha:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can I modified the 660 carb to be loaded with more power but also same time not too much fc? :biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Can I modified the 660 carb to be loaded with more power but also same time not too much fc? :biggrin:
Sure can,just dont forgot to do it the next time u r having your dream while sleeping.
its tricky but u can control your dream sometimes.too bad it does not last long....hahah.

its possible i guess.depending on the skill of the tuner.
why most shop dont do it is because it is a hassle to take it apart and reinstall and if still not satisfy after tuning,take apart again to replace the jet and install again and tune again...
very2 complicated but not impossible.

last time during my riding time i install modenas kriss carb to my ex5.i tuned it for low end torque and it surprise pretty much everything on the traffic light.fc oso improved a bit.
hardest part is tuning it as i buy cheapo aftermarket carb.

alang2 u take out the carb,upgrade lor....
Kancil 850 oso carb right?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Take pic so can know how it was also, at least try to put back in that shape.....hhahahhaha:biggrin:
I still have the pic in my phone from recent repair.
Cant depend on masking tape marker as some might fall of esp the one on the fuel hose.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sure can,just dont forgot to do it the next time u r having your dream while sleeping.
its tricky but u can control your dream sometimes.too bad it does not last long....hahah.

its possible i guess.depending on the skill of the tuner.
why most shop dont do it is because it is a hassle to take it apart and reinstall and if still not satisfy after tuning,take apart again to replace the jet and install again and tune again...
very2 complicated but not impossible.

last time during my riding time i install modenas kriss carb to my ex5.i tuned it for low end torque and it surprise pretty much everything on the traffic light.fc oso improved a bit.
hardest part is tuning it as i buy cheapo aftermarket carb.

alang2 u take out the carb,upgrade lor....
Kancil 850 oso carb right?

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

I still have the pic in my phone from recent repair.
Cant depend on masking tape marker as some might fall of esp the one on the fuel hose.
:rofl: I ask cuz I actually like how the 660 carb reacts and the way it drives..just too bad that I cant control the sudden boost. It doesn't happen the same time but I can feel it when it is going to kick in soon...

So was thinking if only it was more powerful, then once it kicks in then damn nice...
Like VTEC or turbo kicks in :rofl:

Carb Lag not turbo lag :rofl:

Stepping on the pedal, same level no increase, suddenly after awhile it kicks in....then I will go...WOah!!! :rofl:

Feels fast but not fast due to power restriction haha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You can if not mistaken, but you need to take apart and change to bigger needle jet. Not sure available for your 660cc kancil carb.

Mod your inlet manifold and fit twin carbs.....:driver::biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
You can if not mistaken, but you need to take apart and change to bigger needle jet. Not sure available for your 660cc kancil carb.

Mod your inlet manifold and fit twin carbs.....:driver::biggrin:
Triple carb lah...i believe it can fit with extreme mod.
His carb is vtec like oso wants to mod.
I think its sort of dirty already as got sudden boost
Ned 10 can of carb spray...hehehe

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Triple carb lah...i believe it can fit with extreme mod.
His carb is vtec like oso wants to mod.
I think its sort of dirty already as got sudden boost
Ned 10 can of carb spray...hehehe
Well, for his 3 cylinder SLK sure can. Buy 3 side draft Weber, mod short inlet manifold and fit side way. But not sure if more power or drown the engine......hhahhahahhaha:rofl:

Jan 22, 2015
Ipoh,Kuantan
Hi, to all sifu.....i'm a newbie in carb mods and i need some advice or contacts for my old little car project
My Old car: Nissan Terrano 2300cc with stock engine, stock carb (unmolested):driver:
Currently i have few mods in my mind
1. Change the stock nissan carb to a weber 32/36DGV- Weber carb i was able to source from an ausie contact, but i need a sifu to install and tune
2. If everything went smooth on the 1st mod; a blow through turbo setup for the weber carb (pre-jetted); blow through and turbo kit i can supply if exhaust & intake manifold can fabricate locally even better- then again i need a sifu to help me complete this project.
By the way; my current location is at east coast (Kuantan) but willing to travel to KL to complete this project. Hope all sifu here can help.....tq tq :driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi, to all sifu.....i'm a newbie in carb mods and i need some advice or contacts for my old little car project
My Old car: Nissan Terrano 2300cc with stock engine, stock carb (unmolested):driver:
Currently i have few mods in my mind
1. Change the stock nissan carb to a weber 32/36DGV- Weber carb i was able to source from an ausie contact, but i need a sifu to install and tune
2. If everything went smooth on the 1st mod; a blow through turbo setup for the weber carb (pre-jetted); blow through and turbo kit i can supply if exhaust & intake manifold can fabricate locally even better- then again i need a sifu to help me complete this project.
By the way; my current location is at east coast (Kuantan) but willing to travel to KL to complete this project. Hope all sifu here can help.....tq tq :driver:
Check fb for weber malaysia group and see if they got any plave to recommend.
Mind sharing how much u got the dgv 32/36?

For the carb mod,u just need a custom adapter and some custom bracket to hold various hose and cable.
I read that the 32/36 will offer better power amd fc on the pajero,guess it will do the same to your engine.
For this mod,i believe most shop can assist u.

For proper tuning must go to shop with the simple tuning machine which takes reading from the exhaust.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im just a junior wanna a performance Turbo cars, need help from profesional person to decide for me.

Should i go for 2nd hand Wira 1.8(m)limited edition 4g93n/a and add on turbo kit TDO4+E manage+turbo meter.....just boost around 0.6 bar but is more cheaper to feel turbo power, but if modify like this cause is engine n/a the engine will having any problem....

or go on 2nd hand satria 1.6(m) n totally halfcut to evo 4g63t, is it rm25k enough for process turning+transplant+jpj...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience