Status
Not open for further replies.
Engine and Performance

Gunson Colortune carburetor / Air fuel tuner

jee1

Known Member
Jun 17, 2006
Purpose of this device?
-This is a diagnostic tool which will really help you to tune your carburetor or EFI with standalone management system. You will get the best air fuel ratio for performance and economy driving (depending on your choice). You can now get a chance to SEE the color of combustion fire inside your engine when it is running !!!

Who should get it?
i. Those having twin carb like weber solex mikuni or SU will benefit the most
ii. Those having single carb
iii. Those having standalone engine manage system like e-manage which allows you to adjust air fuel ratio
iv. AFC and S-AFC users
v. Mechanics

For those who are using a OEM ECU, im going to give you a bad news - you cant use this device. No use since you cant make any adjustment or tuning

How this device works?
i. Remove one of your spark plugs and assemble this device. Follow the simple instruction provided (it will take you about 2 min to install this tool)
ii. Start your engine and look at the device. You will actually see pulse of lights on the device. This is actually the combustion which is happening inside the cylinder.

How to tune?
i. If the color of the flame is yellow or orange it means the setting is rich (more fuel). So, while the engine is running, you can reduce the fuel level on your carburetor, until the color of flame is bunsen blue. This is the perfect setting for economy
ii. If the color is white/light blue, it means lean. More air. This will lead to engine damage. So, you need to increase the fuel at the carb until the flame is bunsen blue.
iii. If you want to set it for medium street performance driving, it should be set at yellowish blue.

Dont worry, once you play around with it, you will understand. This device works for almost all cars with 14mm spark plug size - Proton / Toyota / Nissan / Mitsubishi

More info on this device (video)

Tuning MGB with Gunson colortune from Accuspark - YouTube

This part is directly from UK. I have several units with me. Condition - NEW

Price - RM 250 (fixed). COD around Shah Alam, Klang, Seremban area

SMS me at 016-2022746 if you need it

Thanks and happy tuning !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

recently i came across a SpecR mag.. There's a Skyline R33 with TOMEI engine transplant in... It's exhaust system was fitted with a silencer.. Will it restrict the exhaust gas flow??

Some forumers said it wont.. some says yes..
which 1 ar??
can someone explain to me??
i'm dumb la ... wht to do...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience