Can Malaysian build 8. sec. drag car!

cheamys

Mar 27, 2005
malaysia
8 sec. monster from Sabah

nova said:
I think the potential is there for any car so long as it is equipped with the required hardwares and the skills. I have heard that the two Sabah cars(SR20 Datsun and Rx7) already are equipped with half tubbed chassis with big slick tyres and aftermarket drag racing gearboxes, it is a matter of time they can hit 9 and then 8. They only need perseverence and trials which noone can help them other than theirselves.

When will be the days for these Sabahans’ cars to hit 9 or 8. in Sepang Drag Battle. If they are possible to make this 9 or 8 happen in 5 years later, then others sure will be in 7 or 6 sec. already.

toyotadriffter

Jul 19, 2005
sabah
im from sabah n i know sum of the cars over here...
i know the cars not the drivers...
one of the forumers said the famous Corrolla GL using 3TG turbo....i think he is wrong... its 2TG turbo... using the BLITZ KKK big turbo unit... used to owned by Syarikat Serjaya...nw sold to a person named "pitung"...olso from sabah...
but this car was a legend already..few ppl beat dis car already.. thanks to those 4WD skylines which is so famous nowadays..

Last edited:

toyotadriffter

Jul 19, 2005
sabah
guess wat car is this???
wat engine is this??
its one of the famous dragster in Kota Kinabalu...but its olso a legend oledi.....

toyotadriffter

Jul 19, 2005
sabah
its use 2 be a lame 1.3 turbo car.....
swap in a huge2000CC 3S-GTE in a tiny toyota starlet EP70.....
dis car beat most of the cars in kota kinabalu...beat a RX7 400hp & a 385hp 4WD EVO3.....even the semi slicks cant help the wheelspin..
like other drag car.....the owner bored of it and no intensions of "playing" cars animo....change bak to original engine....so sad... become legend again.....

toyotadriffter

Jul 19, 2005
sabah
Kuching 1st may 2005 Drag challenge...
"Pitung's" Corrolla GL KE70 clock at 13.776 (heat1) n 13.525 (heat2)...
not bad for a legend rite???....dont forget it still using the olskool engine TOYOTA 1600CC 2TG.....not bad for an olskool rite??...but no match with those newskool 4WD....so sad...

sabah have the potential....only dat sabah don hv a drag stript...too bad...

CHB

Known Member
Mar 5, 2004
Kuching,Sarawak
Visit site
most of the performance parts are imported from overseas and the cost will be sky high if u compare to the cost that an American/Aussie tuned to the same level. a G-Force tranny will cost us more than RM30K when u include the retail price and freight but if u were in US, it cost us roughly around $6K.
just keep the progress on going positively in conducting a proper drag event and i can see the bright future of Malaysia built 8secs car is not far from us. or may be an 8 secs car has already being built, just that it can't perform wat it should be under track condition in Malaysia.
when there is competition, human will keep themselves busy to be ahead of the rivals. thats how a quicker car will be borned.

Force Performance

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Borneo
toyotadriffter said:
im from sabah n i know sum of the cars over here...
i know the cars not the drivers...
one of the forumers said the famous Corrolla GL using 3TG turbo....i think he is wrong... its 2TG turbo... using the BLITZ KKK big turbo unit... used to owned by Syarikat Serjaya...nw sold to a person named "pitung"...olso from sabah...
but this car was a legend already..few ppl beat dis car already.. thanks to those 4WD skylines which is so famous nowadays..
When 2TG fitted with turbo & 3T crank & pistons [86 x 78mm.] it will become 3TG turbo.

In Sabah,as I knew when Mr. Lo Chee Fui modified the original improved 3TG 8 plugs turbo engine [89 x 79mm= 1966c.c.]can go to a much higher horse power output when compared to d turbo-charged 2TG [480hp @ 35psi. boost] with d 4 plugs configulation.

D 3TG turbo 8 plugs 2.0L. engine fitted with 47/ 38.5mm. bigger valve. TRD con-rods/ 9.5 CR.Arias pistons / Regrinded TRD 320 cams to 330 duration with 11.5mm lift to 8800rpm for spooling huge AirResearch TO4 turbo to achieve approx. 550hp in d 80'

HP Gila

Dec 16, 2004
Force Performance,
  • Why Mr. CF LO reground the profile of the TRD NA 320 cam to KENT turbo asym 330 spec.?
  • Did you notice the 4 rows thick huge SPEARCO intercooler of his car when compare to the awesome lorry intercooler of the GL? Can the boost pipes & the lorry intercooler sufficient enough to cool the charged pressure from its KKK turbo to produce power?
toyotadriffter,
  • Do you know there are still lots more technology know-how to balance the GL that enable to transfer power to road to get 8sec. if fitted the drag tires?

toyotadriffter

Jul 19, 2005
sabah
[/list]toyotadriffter,
  • Do you know there are still lots more technology know-how to balance the GL that enable to transfer power to road to get 8sec. if fitted the drag tires? [/font][/color]
[/QUOTE]

can do a dragster out of a Toyota GL chassis...but need a lot of cash... modifying a full time 4WD dragcar is more of a trend nowadays...there r a lot of 4WD can easily beat a FR dragcar..but there is still some hardcore FR fans out there.....

cheamys

Mar 27, 2005
malaysia
I can win the Olympic Gold Metal if......

• Do you know there are still lots more technology know-how to balance the GL that enable to transfer power to road to get 8sec. if fitted the drag tires? [/font][/color]
[/QUOTE]
can do a dragster out of a Toyota GL chassis...but need a lot of cash... modifying a full time 4WD dragcar is more of a trend nowadays...there r a lot of 4WD can easily beat a FR dragcar..but there is still some hardcore FR fans out there.....[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of knowledge and experience in setting up a dragger enable to go into the 8. in this world even though your money is not an objection. Do you realized there are many rich car enthusiasts / tuners / manufacturers have never touch any glory for years but still often have some plans, the desires and keep on spending money just to achieve their goals. WE - just the outsider can always easily give commands & suggestions or to compare them to the top challengers.

I think Sabah is a small performance market place, and they don’t have many exposures to compare to learn from defeats. Most of them like to talk about his modifications or power parts for many years but never have the desire and goals to challenge in certain events. They are considered just the sports cars or performance parts collectors only.

* I think I can beat the Olympic high jump champion if I have the chance to spend money by wearing his shoes, shirt, underwear and of cause have to use the same rod to jump as high as him *

HP Gila

Dec 16, 2004
cheamys said:
When will be the days for these Sabahans’ cars to hit 9 or 8. in Sepang Drag Battle. If they are possible to make this 9 or 8 happen in 5 years later, then others sure will be in 7 or 6 sec. already.
One of the reasons why Japanese dragsters in Malaysia including Australia are so much quicker than ours is their knowledge & experience, however; their aggressive tuning knowledge & experience from working daily on their specific machines is what makes such a successful & striking result in the Asia Pacific region

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Force Performance said:
When 2TG fitted with turbo & 3T crank & pistons [86 x 78mm.] it will become 3TG turbo.

In Sabah,as I knew when Mr. Lo Chee Fui modified the original improved 3TG 8 plugs turbo engine [89 x 79mm= 1966c.c.]can go to a much higher horse power output when compared to d turbo-charged 2TG [480hp @ 35psi. boost] with d 4 plugs configulation.

D 3TG turbo 8 plugs 2.0L. engine fitted with 47/ 38.5mm. bigger valve. TRD con-rods/ 9.5 CR.Arias pistons / Regrinded TRD 320 cams to 330 duration with 11.5mm lift to 8800rpm for spooling huge AirResearch TO4 turbo to achieve approx. 550hp in d 80'
How do you know the 3TG built by Mr.Lo in the 80's achieve approx. 550hp? Was there a dyno to prove it in the 80's in Sabah? How huge an AirResearch TO4 turbo is huge? Was Mr.Lo trying to build an engine just to achieve peak horsepower but which could be nothing much down lower rpms? :tongue:

phoenixpower

Aug 12, 2004
Force Performance said:

I second Nova's question too.

Now, my question to you.

Did C.F Lo personally provided you the numbers(engine specs) you mentioned?

Sorry to say this but Im very sceptical over the 89mm x 78mm "3T-GTE" engine and 35psi boost and also making "550hp" as it must have produced tremendous amount of cylinder pressures.

Not a good idea when running a small gap between adjacent cylinders(due to the 89mm bore) on the 3T-GTE block and unless you have backup/support from "works" or factory support to get a good Engine Management Unit ... not an easy task of tuning.

Remember, you mention it was back in the 80s.

Furthermore, 89mm x 78mm is basically a 4T-GTE, a totally different engine made by TRD that was used in the IMSA GTP series back in the 80s.

Oh, again, how big is a huge AirResearch T-O4 to you?Since you were pretty specific with the engine configuration, why not be specific on the turbocharger?

Last but not least, why the hell would someone want to regrind a TRD320°cams to 330°?

unless the engine's capable of spinning past 10,000-14,000rpm(which I doubt it will because of inherent design, ..2valve,engine geometry,bore/stroke ratio..etc), you will only make the meanest sounding car but not necessarily the most powerful.

Looking forward to your reply.

Last edited:

Force Performance

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Borneo
2TG turbo

:cool: Last night i n few friends accidently met Mr. Lo Chee Fui at Lintas n have some tea with him n asked him 2 talk about today car technology. n i purposely went into mentioning about more details of d 2T engine modifications in the 80' he had done. He just smiles first & said doesn't mind 2 share most of his engineering by his good memory of d old tech 2T turbo modification. During those day, d result of dyno or even engine balancing, shotpeening n most metals treatment was doned in Australia n most parts are sent from London.

...'KENT CAM' regrounded d original single pattern TRD 320 na cams to 330 max with turbo profile to achieve higher rev. by forcing mass air through as big as possible d valves used.

...d split-pulsed turbo specs. was quite similar to d today huge TO4 turbo which can produced 700hp from d 4 cylinder 2.0L. engine. [Bigger than 3037]

...d 2T or 18R still have 5mm.distance between cylinders 2 cylinders when max out to 91.5 for 3T or 93mm for 18R block. Don't think of d late Honda B or 4AG engine which can't.

...d special qualiflying Lemans 600 hp TRD 4TG 2.2L. turbo with 89 x 90 or 2TG 1.6l. 16v. 85 x 70 ,TRD code:100E is d best racing circuit 2T engines of all.

...according to Mr. LO d peak power for 89 x 78 engine with turbo n TRD 320 cam was 8300rpm. na n TRD 320 was 7800rpm, Special regrinded KENT 330 was peak at 8800rpm.

Hope all above info. can assist others in re-engineering of d old school 2T engine series. :cool:

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Force Performance said:
:cool: Last night i n few friends accidently met Mr. Lo Chee Fui at Lintas n have some tea with him n asked him 2 talk about today car technology. n i purposely went into mentioning about more details of d 2T engine modifications in the 80' he had done. He just smiles first & said doesn't mind 2 share most of his engineering by his good memory of d old tech 2T turbo modification. During those day, d result of dyno or even engine balancing, shotpeening n most metals treatment was doned in Australia n most parts are sent from London.

...'KENT CAM' regrounded d original single pattern TRD 320 na cams to 330 max with turbo profile to achieve higher rev. by forcing mass air through as big as possible d valves used.

...d split-pulsed turbo specs. was quite similar to d today huge TO4 turbo which can produced 700hp from d 4 cylinder 2.0L. engine. [Bigger than 3037]

...d 2T or 18R still have 5mm.distance between cylinders 2 cylinders when max out to 91.5 for 3T or 93mm for 18R block. Don't think of d late Honda B or 4AG engine which can't.

...d special qualiflying Lemans 600 hp TRD 4TG 2.2L. turbo with 89 x 90 or 2TG 1.6l. 16v. 85 x 70 ,TRD code:100E is d best racing circuit 2T engines of all.

...according to Mr. LO d peak power for 89 x 78 engine with turbo n TRD 320 cam was 8300rpm. na n TRD 320 was 7800rpm, Special regrinded KENT 330 was peak at 8800rpm.

Hope all above info. can assist others in re-engineering of d old school 2T engine series. :cool:
Well, since that engine was dynoed in Australia, would there be a possibility that it was not Mr.Lo C F in Sabah who built and tuned the engine then but he actually imported a "CBU" engine himself? :smile:

phoenixpower

Aug 12, 2004
Force Performance said:

Strange really. Im very doubtful with the 330°cams...

Id love to see him myself and clarify the above. If you have his hp no., please PM me as I have lost the number he gave me sometime last year.I do remember its 017 though.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello fellow Titan experts, I have some issues which I hope I can seek your expert opinion on.

Car : Nissan Sentra N16 2001
Suspension : Coilovers (not Titan)
Spring rates : 8kg/mm (Front) and 4kg/mm (Rear)
Tyres/rims : Stock 15" rims with GY F1-GSD3 195/55/15

I like the minimal body roll when taking corners hard, but on my way to work using highway (very bumpy highway) I find the coilovers too stiff and sometimes the car bounces too much causing me to jump!

I would like a setup...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience