Unsung heroes of safety of Malaysian road user-DrMoto

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
I guess everyone here have or has been through a hard time when you accidentally going through Malaysian road that filled with potholes,uneven surfacing,or simply vandalized by making the surface sliperry by mean of excessive oil at strategic place.

So I salute this motorcycle club DRMOTO that making a huge,personal effort to warned other road user,not just a motorcyclist,& to those higher authority to see the road that need some serious attention.

One of the way that they would do with those serious potholes that have claiming a countless other innoncence victim',is to marked it with yellow spray.The bright paint with notes on the road would help other to avoid running through the potholes that would ruined your day.

If that was not enough,they will put a reflector so in dark area or area without proper lightning,road user should be able to see the potholes as well,& if the higher authority think that they are joking around.....the final step would be the flower plant.

Flower plant?Yeah you hear it right.The crew would just put the flower plant inside the potholes,& let it grow there until patching/repair crew arrived.

Some other extras' to marked the big holes' in the road that left unrepaired is even more funnier,but with good intention & for the other road user to easily spot the potholes that was way too dangerous.

The fallen heroes",in this case,your everyday bent,dented,damaged beyond repair wheels & sportrim would be used as well to marked those pothole.No kidding,& some of them come from the people that actually becoming a victim of those potholes themselves....usually a motorcyclist.

So let see some of their work' to remind all the road user to avoid the annoying potholes that we see everyday on our live.....

Recently make into the newspaper.....I support this cause !

& the potholes with the sportrim,& the flower plant......finally get the much needed repair & fix.But the MPSJ left the note that the crew made before....(MPSJ BAHAYA) as the reminder.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Salute to the DRMOTO & the founder,Lando Zawawi.All the pictures via his FB acc. (Lando Zawai Lvr)

Good job & thanks to such a good effort......you definitely deserve my respect !:wavey::biggrin:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yes the article touched my heart...

Wanted to chip in some donations to them but dont know where to send...

HBS, can you do me a favour?

Try to find out the organisation's account number, just want to chip in some token for them to buy materials to cover the potholes!

HBS

Known Member
Apr 23, 2009
Yes the article touched my heart...

Wanted to chip in some donations to them but dont know where to send...

HBS, can you do me a favour?

Try to find out the organisation's account number, just want to chip in some token for them to buy materials to cover the potholes!
Thanks for the support !

As a biker for long time,I surely would go with the club in the weekend to see the work process & spot some of the dangerous potholes that need fix!

They're usually around PJ, & USJ area but recently DrMoto collaborated with other motorcycle club such as YAMALAYA(Yamaha Malaya club),MYLAMOC(Malaysian Yamaha Lagenda Owner Club) & CrewOf EX5 to make more frequent potholes fixing ride,which now have reach the Malacca too.....(By club member in Malacca)

This is the founder of DrMoto FB acc :

http://www.facebook.com/brolandozawawi.lando?ref=ts&fref=ts

You can contact/PM him for the donation.Salute !:biggrin::wavey:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the support !

As a biker for long time,I surely would go with the club in the weekend to see the work process & spot some of the dangerous potholes that need fix!

They're usually around PJ, & USJ area but recently DrMoto collaborated with other motorcycle club such as YAMALAYA(Yamaha Malaya club),MYLAMOC(Malaysian Yamaha Lagenda Owner Club) & CrewOf EX5 to make more frequent potholes fixing ride,which now have reach the Malacca too.....(By club member in Malacca)

This is the founder of DrMoto FB acc :

http://www.facebook.com/brolandozawawi.lando?ref=ts&fref=ts

You can contact/PM him for the donation.Salute !:biggrin::wavey:
Thanks HBS!

Since you are with them, please remind them always to take care of their own safety whilst carrying
on with their noble task....

Ensure that they wear flourescent vest, with lots of safety cones erected 50m before the repair site,
and cones surrounding it to protect them from being hit by other motorist!

Also I think they can colaborate with Malaysian United For Road Safety for funding to purchase safety
equipment and such..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Faith in humanity has been restored!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
There is one at federal coming from Old Klang Road, not sure where but according to my female friend, her tyre pancit after hitting the
hole which is quite dark colour. So, kinda dangerous to many road users too...

SloMo

Known Member
Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
not all motorcyclists are mat rempit afterall, shame on you who band these people as rempits. Being a motorcyclist myself, love to see this effort from them and keep up the good work.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
not all motorcyclists are mat rempit afterall, shame on you who band these people as rempits. Being a motorcyclist myself, love to see this effort from them and keep up the good work.
Yes! You are very correct! I agree with you 100%

So hope all of us dont think that motorcyclist riding in groups either mat rempit or whatsoever

are evil trouble finding people...

I have seen "mat rempit" stop to help accident victims and send the victim to hospital, by hailing passing cars....

So, even if one or two groups create havoc, doesnt mean that all are the same!:biggrin::listen::wavey:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just would like to find out from you guys
anyone experience this :-
I had recently downloaded a online music streaming app on my phone just now.
Whether is that possible that I can transfer the music from the music apps on my phone to the car. So I can enjoy listening music on my car via blue tooth while driving...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience