Any common problems with BPT engines?

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
wanted to ask for VF8 turbo how high can i boost and what will be my hp around at full boost ???
im planning to put it in before SDB

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Bros, when i engage to 1st gear, why got the krak krak sound? Only the 1st gear, others got, but rare. :adore:

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Ouch Ouch~~~

So happy, at least i have sama kakis... Kekeke~~~

I am a newbie at the force induction section, keeping it as standard as possible now is my goal, upgrade one by one to sustain max boost~~~

What is your preferable boost? How much do you want to achieve?

Last edited:

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
if my turbo can support i wan to go for standard boost 1.5 bar and if turbo and fueling can support i wan push for high boost at 1.8 bar ....
but clutch have to change la

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
Why does everyone have this obsession with high boost? You should aim to produce your target HP with as low boost as possible. High boost puts a huge strain on your engine internals.

Rajie: to answer your question, I think the VF8 can effectively boost around 1.3 bar? But the center section of the VJ20/VF10/VF8 are all the same, so the turbine shaft isn't really happy spinning at high speed. It is my opinion that RELIABLE boost for all these turbos are about 1.0 - 1.2 bar.

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Why does everyone have this obsession with high boost? You should aim to produce your target HP with as low boost as possible. High boost puts a huge strain on your engine internals.

Rajie: to answer your question, I think the VF8 can effectively boost around 1.3 bar? But the center section of the VJ20/VF10/VF8 are all the same, so the turbine shaft isn't really happy spinning at high speed. It is my opinion that RELIABLE boost for all these turbos are about 1.0 - 1.2 bar.

:love: Thanks for the info bro. That is what i heard also, the shaft ain't happy with high revolutions. :bawling:

Long live B8 with manong~~~ :itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

planning to get either one of the car above but im not used to driving japs car..
therefore its kinda hard for me to choose..

subaru ver 8 sti is my first choice but i heard the maintainance is kinda high(is it true?)..
the other choices are the evo 7, skyline gtt and caldina gt4 as the price are about the same and heard that the cost to maintain is lower than a subaru(is it true?)..

anyway im hoping that people with experience or people owning any one of it could give me some...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience