Aftermarket Suspension Experience

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Lexter

Jun 20, 2009
Hi Bros,
I need to change my suspension for Waja.

Looking to a set of HiLo SoftHard Adjustable, can recommend a reliable one? Not too harsh, but comfortable ride.

Many thanks

bahador

May 31, 2009
alo all bro n sifu...i'm now using stock suspension for my civic eg so i just want to change it...what is the best suspension for my car?performance n comfort?so far i have asked from frend but there to many brand the've said...they also said the wrong choice may co bumpy and uncomfortable for riding especially in malaysia road...really need help...tq very2 much...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Hi Bros,
I need to change my suspension for Waja.

Looking to a set of HiLo SoftHard Adjustable, can recommend a reliable one? Not too harsh, but comfortable ride.

Many thanks
there's a lot of choice to choose from.all depends on ur budget bro.u can go from gab s.s series
too tein type basic and super street.there's also zerone adjustable and drift and drag brand.

alo all bro n sifu...i'm now using stock suspension for my civic eg so i just want to change it...what is the best suspension for my car?performance n comfort?so far i have asked from frend but there to many brand the've said...they also said the wrong choice may co bumpy and uncomfortable for riding especially in malaysia road...really need help...tq very2 much...
koni with eibach spring is a good choice for comfort and spirited driving.

Lexter

Jun 20, 2009
thank you GT_AUTO, i have budget around RM2.5k.

What is the price of GAB SS? TEIN? Hotbits? and the like? which is better in terms of ride comfort since this is my daily driver running around car.

Recommend me a brand to start with.

Thanks

pinecitygarage

Known Member
Aug 22, 2009
SoCal & Baguio
baguioautoforums.com
depending on budget you might want to go for:

1. an adjustable oem strut like KYB AGX or any non-adj Gas Strut you can find like Excel-G, Paraut, match it up with any name brand lowering spring either from the U.S or Japan
you can also get sleeve type coilovers fitted to the struts, stay away from the china made stuff

2. For Coilovers - if you can get the name brand stuff like tein, progress, JIC then go for it as you can really feel the compression/rebound adjustability on these brands, i suggest getting a softer rate spring in the range of 300/250 inch/lbs or 300/200 inch/lbs.

for the Taiwan/China Made Coilovers - the damping adjustability for compression/rebound is not as noticeable plus the valving is not very specific for each vehicle make and model as settings where based on shock dyno results which they pretty much applied for a number of vehicles (kinda like a one size fits all) plus the Spring Rates are too high resulting in premature wear on the seals. if you do order - just get softer spring rates as valving on most of these brands will probably be only able to handle anywhere from 300 to 400 maximum inch/lbs

Don't get me wrong, its quite alright to use the China/Taiwan Made Coilovers - you just get what you pay for.

3. If you plan on Fabricating your own Coilovers - i suggest doing a lot of Fabrication How-to Research on the web - Use Koni Yellows and Ground Control Sleeve type CO's with a proven Spring rate set that you can live with.

Tevs

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
thank you GT_AUTO, i have budget around RM2.5k.

What is the price of GAB SS? TEIN? Hotbits? and the like? which is better in terms of ride comfort since this is my daily driver running around car.

Recommend me a brand to start with.

Thanks
for that budget,u can only opted for gab,d&d,hot bits and d2 bro.tein cost rm3600 per set.
go for gab s.s series.it's only rm2200 per set with 36 click of damping adjustable.or u can
go cheaper with d&d.if i'm not mistaken,the price is only sub rm2k.the cons about d&d is that
it's only 6 or 8 click adjustable damping.i might be wrong on d&d.what car r u using bro?and
with what engine?

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
for that budget,u can only opted for gab,d&d,hot bits and d2 bro.tein cost rm3600 per set.
go for gab s.s series.it's only rm2200 per set with 36 click of damping adjustable.or u can
go cheaper with d&d.if i'm not mistaken,the price is only sub rm2k.the cons about d&d is that
it's only 6 or 8 click adjustable damping.i might be wrong on d&d.what car r u using bro?and
with what engine?
A good sets of TEIN cost about 1.8k-2.2k

TEIN are good, the springs and abs are very durable. But comfort is abit harsh, especially when you high speed on highway, when the road is uneven u feel very sudden drops and jolts, but the car sticks on the road like a magnet. You can compensate this problem by using good 55-60series tyres, pumping 28.5psi on the front, and 27psi on the back, to get some comfort. Dont use 50series tyres, coz it will be rock hard.

TIEN HA has 30clicks on the front, 26clicks on the back.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

depending on budget you might want to go for:

1. an adjustable oem strut like KYB AGX or any non-adj Gas Strut you can find like Excel-G, Paraut, match it up with any name brand lowering spring either from the U.S or Japan
you can also get sleeve type coilovers fitted to the struts, stay away from the china made stuff

2. For Coilovers - if you can get the name brand stuff like tein, progress, JIC then go for it as you can really feel the compression/rebound adjustability on these brands, i suggest getting a softer rate spring in the range of 300/250 inch/lbs or 300/200 inch/lbs.

for the Taiwan/China Made Coilovers - the damping adjustability for compression/rebound is not as noticeable plus the valving is not very specific for each vehicle make and model as settings where based on shock dyno results which they pretty much applied for a number of vehicles (kinda like a one size fits all) plus the Spring Rates are too high resulting in premature wear on the seals. if you do order - just get softer spring rates as valving on most of these brands will probably be only able to handle anywhere from 300 to 400 maximum inch/lbs

Don't get me wrong, its quite alright to use the China/Taiwan Made Coilovers - you just get what you pay for.

3. If you plan on Fabricating your own Coilovers - i suggest doing a lot of Fabrication How-to Research on the web - Use Koni Yellows and Ground Control Sleeve type CO's with a proven Spring rate set that you can live with.

Tevs
Good explaination.

But anyway, if you want to have a good performance, using the correct springs with the ride height you want........U just need to customize the correct rebound rate of the dampers so that your car is more stable n less movement during corners n highspeed. Ofcoz, performance means less comfort.

U can visit PRS suspension shop at Sri Kembangan, the boss is Ah Sim 012-628 2927. Here you can ask all sort of question u want, customize any suspension type you want. They are the expert of everything about suspension including tuning n servicing suspension. No hankypanky bullshit expensive price or bluffing salesman, what u need.....Ah Sim will tell u directly. Alot used-recon parts there. Highly recommend to go there n check out their good deals.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
A good sets of TEIN cost about 1.8k-2.2k

TEIN are good, the springs and abs are very durable. But comfort is abit harsh, especially when you high speed on highway, when the road is uneven u feel very sudden drops and jolts, but the car sticks on the road like a magnet. You can compensate this problem by using good 55-60series tyres, pumping 28.5psi on the front, and 27psi on the back, to get some comfort. Dont use 50series tyres, coz it will be rock hard.

TIEN HA has 30clicks on the front, 26clicks on the back.
that is for a set of used 1 bro.since his budget is around 2.5k,better opted for a new 1 with
1 year warranty.i've seen a couple of my friends bought used tein for rm1.8k and only
manage to used it for 2 month.the abs leaks oil.
depending on models,tein can be comfortable too.not all of the model r harsh.:burnout:

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
that is for a set of used 1 bro.since his budget is around 2.5k,better opted for a new 1 with
1 year warranty.i've seen a couple of my friends bought used tein for rm1.8k and only
manage to used it for 2 month.the abs leaks oil.
depending on models,tein can be comfortable too.not all of the model r harsh.:burnout:
Gee, thanks for your enlightenment. I think I got lucky buying a used one, coz I used 1 yr still no leak....hehe....

Btw, servicing a TIEN cost around 400-500. Even if bought one used 1.8k, after servicing ending up 2.3k still a good buy. Coz a new one is damn expensive.....hehe

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
Gee, thanks for your enlightenment. I think I got lucky buying a used one, coz I used 1 yr still no leak....hehe....

Btw, servicing a TIEN cost around 400-500. Even if bought one used 1.8k, after servicing ending up 2.3k still a good buy. Coz a new one is damn expensive.....hehe
ya lor bro.depends on model la bro.tein adj price start from rm1.8k and above.the rm1.8k is
for kancil.....:listen:

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
K.L
do anyone know where to service HKS pillow ball bearing..my bearing spoiled so very noisy..anyone help??

PeeJay

Jul 19, 2009
Need your help for clarifications. Currently i'm using adjustable hotbit for my SV4, and plannng send for service or re-fill back after using many years. But according my foreman, this hotbit cannot re-fill eventho send to speedwork. Because hotbit using gas + fluid.

Is it true? Means i need replace new one?

Thanks in advance for your comment...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
do anyone know where to service HKS pillow ball bearing..my bearing spoiled so very noisy..anyone help??
if i'm not mistaken,the center bearing need to be replace.try those company like gab and hwl.
i'm not sure wether they gonna entertain ur request but it wont hurt to ask.they do produce their
own pillow ball.i did ask about repairing tein pillow ball before at n1 but the price is too expensive.
Need your help for clarifications. Currently i'm using adjustable hotbit for my SV4, and plannng send for service or re-fill back after using many years. But according my foreman, this hotbit cannot re-fill eventho send to speedwork. Because hotbit using gas + fluid.

Is it true? Means i need replace new one?

Thanks in advance for your comment...
which model of hot bits r u using?if i'm not mistaken,all hot bits adjustable is serviceable.
so the answer to ur question is no.it's not true.bring ur adjustable to speedwork.they
know what to do.

Sep 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
just bought tein ha second hand at prs sri kembangan.got 24 click.good PR there..lot of tips from ah sim..really satisfied with tein...rate 12 front 6 rear.. front 8 click n rear 12 click from hard..still best setting for my perdana tt for everyday driving:burnout:

sr18autech

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
just bought tein ha second hand at prs sri kembangan.got 24 click.good PR there..lot of tips from ah sim..really satisfied with tein...rate 12 front 6 rear.. front 8 click n rear 12 click from hard..still best setting for my perdana tt for everyday driving:burnout:
glad another customer went to PRS and talk to Ahsim. Frankly thats the best place for suspension :)

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

ya lor bro.depends on model la bro.tein adj price start from rm1.8k and above.the rm1.8k is
for kancil.....:listen:
i meant 1.8k is used one laaa, not new :)

Sep 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
just bought secondhand tein ha with 24 step from prs sri kembangan..really satisfied..rate 12/6 kg.. setting to 8 front n 12 rear click from anticlockwise.still best setting for everyday drive.got many tips about absorber from ah sim...good guy..recommend go there to find varieties of setup to suit your ride...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In the spirit of Mazda, these guys from Mazda posted an epic advertisement and video narration of how do they apply daily Japanese everyday objects and incorporate into Mazda ingenuity. Watch how they were the first to perfect the Rotary engine, created cars that wins Le Mans 24 hour races and really innovative cars. Check out the 5 different videos below

'

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience