Why suddenly ABS indicator popped up?

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Hi sifu, any idea on this? Means my ABS system faulty or something wrong with my car? Btw, my ride is 2012 Exora Bold CFE... :confused:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi sifu, any idea on this? Means my ABS system faulty or something wrong with my car? Btw, my ride is 2012 Exora Bold CFE... :confused:
Faulty ABS. Another method to see if ABS is working or not is to test it. Find a safe road, drive up to 40-50kmh then slam the brake hard. If the pedal and brake vibrate then ABS is working. If the tyre skid that means you are bringing back the car to SC.

My friend's Saga FL had the same problem before.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Did you check the brake oil level? Check to see if the connector at the master cylinder is properly connected. Loosen connectors is common in Protons.

If all is ok, just bring it back to Proton for warranty. If no warranty go to a mech for diagnosis. If not mistaken, ABS will only trigger if you're at 90km/h and above when you jam brake.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Danz,
You have mentioned in another thread that washing engine bay may cause ABS problem. How is that?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
is the abs module is not covered properly it may cause the abs to malfunction, very common in proton cars.
especially engine washed by roadside car wash, the best is to cover the abs module with aluminum foil properly.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
Did you check the brake oil level? Check to see if the connector at the master cylinder is properly connected. Loosen connectors is common in Protons.

If all is ok, just bring it back to Proton for warranty. If no warranty go to a mech for diagnosis. If not mistaken, ABS will only trigger if you're at 90km/h and above when you jam brake.
Abs will kick in at low speed,around 20+- kmh,less than that no abs

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Thanks all the advice given.
1. Will check on the brake fluid level and also the connector
2. Try to test the e-brake after work
3. If anything wrong, then is time to 'burn money'...:banghead:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

no la...kick in when there is uneven rotation if not mistaken. 50kmh can skid already if the floor is wet

Thanks all the advice given.
1. Will check on the brake fluid level and also the connector
2. Try to test the e-brake after work
3. If anything wrong, then is time to 'burn money'...:banghead:
2 years only, not covered by warranty?

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
no la...kick in when there is uneven rotation if not mistaken. 50kmh can skid already if the floor is wet

2 years only, not covered by warranty?
I'm forgot on the warranty time frame. 2/3 years probably... but still kena labour charge mah...:banghead:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Its the ABS sensor.
No need to check,same problem with the bold in my family.
Already claim twice.
If not mistaken its the sensor at the front.

its covered by the warranty.
and...in my casr.no labour charge.

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
Its the ABS sensor.
No need to check,same problem with the bold in my family.
Already claim twice.
If not mistaken its the sensor at the front.

its covered by the warranty.
and...in my casr.no labour charge.
Thanks for the info bro... can I go to authorized WS to settle this or must have to go to CS?:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Sorry, I mean SC... blur edy...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks for the info bro... can I go to authorized WS to settle this or must have to go to CS?:confused:

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Sorry, I mean SC... blur edy...
Before you do, check for loose connections. Sometimes a simple solution will save a lot of time with SC

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After using the Battery-free smartag that I DIY'ed before, I find it kinda
annoying and difficult especially if suddenly need to use the Smartag.:thefinger:

So, now I remove the wire and DIY a Switchable smartag that still use a battery. however, the battery will consume 0mA when it is switched off, therefore make it last longer.

Check it out!::smokin:

http://donsdiy.fotopic.net/c1526239.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience