What Standalone ECU is better?

frecoz

Known Member
Sep 10, 2006
www.tagged.com
--i'm planning to buy a standalone ecu this month.. but i have no clue.. which is better..
i heard many of ecu, such as freedom,mines and etc.. is it enough for 3k including dyno?

--what is motec,haltec and etc? is it standalone too?

--which is better between standalone@e-manage(black)@safc(any racing version)?
are all of these compatible with 6 speed (c160) gearbox?

--is it ok to install standalone even my cam,piston,clutch still standard one?
any different from stock ecu? how about the safety for the standard engine? thanks..

by the way, happy to login back as my account inactive and i cant login.. hahaha.. luckily can be login back..:rofl:

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
I think any standalone is good. It all depends on the tuner..

ryzzal

Known Member
Jun 24, 2004
if everything stock standard, dun bother of using standalone...

just go for emanage blue that is way too good for ur stock engine...

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
-3k obviously will not be enough for standalone (new) itself, not to mention the installation + tunings. Yes, motec/haltec/microtech are all standalones and they dont come cheap. Prepare at least 5k for microtech. :smokin:

-e-manage, safc I/II are not standalones. they are piggybacks (which means u still need your stock ECU).

-standalones/piggybacks can be used regardless of what gearbox u use.

-stock engine (i assume yours is BT) would work nice with e-manage. furthermore, i think e-manage + installation + tuning would be less than 2k? can someone confirm ~market price?

-if u plan for future mods/upgrades (maybe higher profile race cams or turbo), it would be great to get a standalone but i can assure u that 3k is not enough at least for a brand new one. a used one maybe la but not sure market price oso.

-if u got 3k as budget, i suggest u go for another piggyback called Unichip Q. i think it's around 2k+ including installation and tuning. From what i know, it out-performs e-manage blue (not sure about e-manage black/ultimate tho).

maybe other forumers can share their point of view. this is just another 2 cents of mine. good luck!

glanza

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
kl/kelate
maybe u can get a used adaptronic standalone ecu with 3k budget..made from aussie, some people in here has offered me.

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
maybe u can get a used adaptronic standalone ecu with 3k budget..made from aussie, some people in here has offered me.
Wow. interesting...Who want to sell it? Still attach to SilverTop or BlackTop? And who is the tuner & installer for this product if buy from the seller? Hehe....

Give some info la bro :biggrin:

frecoz

Known Member
Sep 10, 2006
www.tagged.com
is it ok for me to get used standalone? i have heard someone said want to sold freedom ecu for 2.5k.. dyno for 500 doesnt enough? how much actually for tuning and installed? which ecu were the best? because i think, after having some cash, i prefer to upgrade the cam+piston+trd clutch(because for road used).. hehehe.. by the way, mine is blacktop..

i heard emanage can only set 16++ but ultimate 36++? is it true?
how about the ignition & injector harness?? did i have to installed it too if i get standalone??
how about fpr? what is that? because i read somewhere and he told that 'fpr'.. thanks guys..

Last edited:

t-la

1,000 RPM
May 10, 2005
secret place
is it ok for me to get used standalone? i have heard someone said want to sold freedom ecu for 2.5k.. dyno for 500 doesnt enough? how much actually for tuning and installed? which ecu were the best? because i think, after having some cash, i prefer to upgrade the cam+piston+trd clutch(because for road used).. hehehe.. by the way, mine is blacktop..

i heard emanage can only set 16++ but ultimate 36++? is it true?
how about the ignition & injector harness?? did i have to installed it too if i get standalone??
how about fpr? what is that? because i read somewhere and he told that 'fpr'.. thanks guys..
hi, can i ask u somethin'...
what is ur main purpose in getting standalone?
what is ur current setup?

alvinT

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
every different standalone ecu are for different car make...

such as power fc works wonderful on RB engines...they are made for them...

motec and haltech are way to costly...

i would guess u go for piggyback 1st for now...even if u upgrade ya car in future...those piggyback are still able to support such as e-manage and unichip...unless u got the budget then go for standalone...

but with ya budget, i don think it's enuff for get a standalone plus tuning and dyno...

frecoz

Known Member
Sep 10, 2006
www.tagged.com
hi, can i ask u somethin'...
what is ur main purpose in getting standalone?
what is ur current setup?
im getting standalone because i think standlaone is just fine to tune because it make for one car only, not universal like emanage and safc...=)

my current setup:
-8.8 cable plug
-volt stabalizer
-gound earth wire
-twin muffler with 2inch piping
-heavy duty clutch(flywheel and clutch cover still standard)
-open air intake with bearing turbine
-air compressor
-lightweight 17'' rim with sport tyre
-standard superstrut but have change the coil spring
-fuel regulator RJ type
(other thing doesn't involved in this topic such as rsm,rpm with shift light etc..)

every different standalone ecu are for different car make...

such as power fc works wonderful on RB engines...they are made for them...

motec and haltech are way to costly...

i would guess u go for piggyback 1st for now...even if u upgrade ya car in future...those piggyback are still able to support such as e-manage and unichip...unless u got the budget then go for standalone...

but with ya budget, i don think it's enuff for get a standalone plus tuning and dyno...
how much it need to install standalone?
and how much to install emange?(i prefer ultimate but i also want to know blue one with the harness and everything) thanks...

Last edited:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
Stand alone and tuning will cost more than rm4000 if bought new..If your engine is stock and did'nt bother to remove the rev cut,just install piggyback...save you money..

Stand alone ecu prices depends on their specs...some are plug and play(japanese standalones) and some are wire-in(australian,europe,us standalones).With wire in standalones,you can get more flexibility,more options.

ryzzal

Known Member
Jun 24, 2004
as i already said earlier, with ur 'set-up', its mearly stock std... dont have to bother of standalone coz what i can tell u, u will either blame standalone itself or the tuner coz ur car cant go 'fast' as what u expected to be....

this is all because of ur stock 'set-up' in which emanage can give the same results as standalone....

for emanage, i can give rm 1450 package with ignition harness, installation & street wideband tuning...

remaining rm1500 u can get other performance parts or send ur head for port polish or anything u wish...

another thing u need to consider also if u go for freedom or unichip, how tuners can tune ur management... let say if u doesnt like ur tuner set-up, and very limited tuner available and cant source other tuners, will u sell back ur management? or live with sucks performance?

sy_omar

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
Kinrara
my opinion... upgrade ur engine part 6 speed gb .... make it durable, enhance brakes etc... then u can touch electronic.

aziziell

1,500 RPM
May 9, 2007
my opinion with that setup piggyback also no need laaa...use stock jaa..hehehe...but stand alone or piggy back can save fuel a lot oooo...

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
if u ask me..what i'm saying is..
do your internal first...change to durability parts..ie: conrod, high performance bearing..etc lah..

if you have extra money can go to standalone...remember..cost of tuning..any changes to performance part should be tuned again to get actual performance...last time i buy haltech but decide to sell it when know what is the problem...which involved with money

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

help.....my turbo mode does not work.....it work one time at 1 minutes when a shutdowen my car...after i go in option and i set to 3 minutes before the car shutdown....but does not shutdown...im not able to go back il 1 minutes setting...so nothing work at this time ...help me ...thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience