What are you driving now?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, regulate the fuel return pressure. Can tune what pressure you want, in a way higher pressure to force more fuel in. Cost is high and power felt like none and FC goes way up :smokin:.........lol:rofl:
Not much use for fuel regulator unless engine is heavily modified until it requires more fuel. Like maybe injector upgrade, displacement increase.

Well yes it is! Just a hair behind the TME but still bloody fast and can also still match the IX stock for stock!

See this video of Vicky Butler from Fifth Gear putting them head-to-head and surprisingly the VI GSR still won by a hair that day! :driver:

[youtube]3YG3uoadVgk[/youtube]
Stock to stock, Evo VI seems to be able to hold up against newer Evo. But when it comes to mod, I read before in Option magazine that the wheel size capacity for CP9A chassis is more limited compared to CT9A chassis. But they are actually discussing about time attack machines where they fit 295mm width tyres.

Your link not appearing, LOL

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
6 looks so much more stable, like Vicky said less tail happy, but 9 have so much electronic help some more.....lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Stock to stock, Evo VI seems to be able to hold up against newer Evo. But when it comes to mod, I read before in Option magazine that the wheel size capacity for CP9A chassis is more limited compared to CT9A chassis. But they are actually discussing about time attack machines where they fit 295mm width tyres.

Your link not appearing, LOL
6 looks so much more stable, like Vicky said less tail happy, but 9 have so much electronic help some more.....lol
In terms of mods for time attack machines, maybe the CT9A will be better coz the aero is better too.

The stock VI was quicker coz it was lighter hence more agile. Probably the track used in that video was also a bit short and finicky, making the agility factor even more pronounced.

For me the video link appears leh. :biggrin:

The 9 AYC setup was purposely made to be more tail happy than previous versions, as the Mitsu engineers said to make the car behave more natural, what ever that means. That's why during the comparison test in Japan, the test driver commented that the 8MR may actually be better in slippery conditions/wet. That's why the 8MR might still be a very good choice and might be more suitable & not inferior in certain conditions compared to the 9. But both of them were certainly much more improved compared to the normal 8 & 7 GSR.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
In terms of mods for time attack machines, maybe the CT9A will be better coz the aero is better too.

The stock VI was quicker coz it was lighter hence more agile. Probably the track used in that video was also a bit short and finicky, making the agility factor even more pronounced.

For me the video link appears leh. :biggrin:

The 9 AYC setup was purposely made to be more tail happy than previous versions, as the Mitsu engineers said to make the car behave more natural, what ever that means. That's why during the comparison test in Japan, the test driver commented that the 8MR may actually be better in slippery conditions/wet. That's why the 8MR might still be a very good choice and might be more suitable & not inferior in certain conditions compared to the 9. But both of them were certainly much more improved compared to the normal 8 & 7 GSR.
So between 8 and 9, which one do you prefer? You will go for 8?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I'd still go with the 9 unless can get the 8MR at a much better price.
8MR also won't be cheap I think. Saw even the standard 8 GSR also cost quite expensive now at mudah. Recently I found out most Evo in mudah are advertised as Mitsubishi Evo. No wonder throughout the past few months, I can't find much Evo for sale because I typed Lancer Evo or Lancer Evolution on search. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
8MR also won't be cheap I think. Saw even the standard 8 GSR also cost quite expensive now at mudah. Recently I found out most Evo in mudah are advertised as Mitsubishi Evo. No wonder throughout the past few months, I can't find much Evo for sale because I typed Lancer Evo or Lancer Evolution on search. :banghead:
Always searching, means Bro. Renesis dream still on.......:driver:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
hahaha!!! kene pandai pandai cari.... search all combinations yo!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes 8MR is also still expensive, only got some a few years back selling below 90k, the rest are above, some are even ridiculously priced more than the 9! 8 GSR can be much cheaper, the last year or so got some selling at 75-80k, even though recently some still asking 80-90k.

Search in mudah just type Evo, then set the gearbox to manual.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
if 9 is already consider tail happy then try wait for the 10:biggrin: with ASC on , in a u turn, drive faster a bit,throttle more, turn steering more faster a bit, the S-AWC take action (acd,ayc and the vsc grab the rear outer and front outer brake) , car rear goes slide and there come the traction light, bye bye throttle:biggrin:

and honestly i think e 10 quite dangerous to drive compare to old mechanical e3, coz it always behave oversteer unless almost reach the limit then under steer, due to the weight and electronic maybe, sudden understeer is scary

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if 9 is already consider tail happy then try wait for the 10:biggrin: with ASC on , in a u turn, drive faster a bit,throttle more, turn steering more faster a bit, the S-AWC take action (acd,ayc and the vsc grab the rear outer and front outer brake) , car rear goes slide and there come the traction light, bye bye throttle:biggrin:

and honestly i think e 10 quite dangerous to drive compare to old mechanical e3, coz it always behave oversteer unless almost reach the limit then under steer, due to the weight and electronic maybe, sudden understeer is scary
That means the behavior is more weird & unpredictable isn't it?
What if you turn the ASC off?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That means the behavior is more weird & unpredictable isn't it?
What if you turn the ASC off?
Then everything manual. My friend who has one, actually turn off all electronic aids and went touge with it......lol:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Then everything manual. My friend who has one, actually turn off all electronic aids and went touge with it......lol:driver:
Coz many modern cars cannot turn off completely too even if it says turn off! For example Mark X VSC, got button that says turn off but actually not 100% off, same goes with VW Golf R.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Always searching, means Bro. Renesis dream still on.......:driver:
Every time when free, will go mudah to check out cars. Normally like to search for Impreza, Skyline, Evo, 350Z.

STI his first choice tho....
Yeah. If not STI, will be Evo. :biggrin:

Yes 8MR is also still expensive, only got some a few years back selling below 90k, the rest are above, some are even ridiculously priced more than the 9! 8 GSR can be much cheaper, the last year or so got some selling at 75-80k, even though recently some still asking 80-90k.

Search in mudah just type Evo, then set the gearbox to manual.
Now the price gap between Evo 8 GSR and Impreza WRX STI Version 8 is like 20k difference. Used to be very closely priced but now the gap is getting wider. But when it comes to Evo 7, price dropped a lot compared to 8.

If just type Evo, sure those Proton Evo will appear too. Perdana Evo, Satria Evo, Wira Evo, Putra Evo. Sometimes, Mitsubishi Storm Evo will also appear. :rofl:

I actually thought newer Evo with high tech stuff like X is more easy to drive than older ones. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there.....
just got few questions...
I have just tranplant GSR eng into my satria. The problem is I want to know how to register the engine without my mum knowing it (the car is reg under my mum name). Is it possible for me to just go to the finance and ask for the reg card (geran). I heard it is really hard nowadays to take out ur geran and some more mine is a new one (1 year 3 mth). I heard that we must bring our vehicle to PUSPAKOM and JPJ without the car being heavily mod....
And...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience