What are you driving now?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Dey... I said "5 and 6 not so much". Meaning 1-4, 7-9 only. Oh and I absolutely loathe all Jack Chan editions.

Given a choice I want the 9. Personally I think this is the most hardcore of all Evos.

Thambi.. this Evo wagon costs an arm and a leg la. That's a bloody insane asking price! And it's an AUTO.. NO

brother from another mother.... and father. :biggrin: The thing I don't really like about the Subarus it how they come across brutish. The Evos are like surgeons and the Subarus are cavemen with clubs. Both are equally good at cutting up and destroying track, but both do it differently. That's my personal opinion though.

As long as Unker toto doesn't support my on-going hobby, those Evo dreams will never happen!
Yeah I also loathe the JC versions, utterly tasteless mods ruining a perfectly fine car! :banghead:
I'm still fine with the 5 & 6 though. If there's a good condition 6.5 TME, I would also love to own that. But yeah if I were to only buy 1, I'd go with the IX too, not because it's the most hardcore (TME should be the most hardcore of them all), but because it's the best looking and the best if in relatively stock condition (coz I won't mod it too much), and the last version of the 4G63T. Second choice by a tiny margin would be the 8MR.

Yeah only manual Evos please! :driver:

Agree too with the WRXs. Man, we do really think alike huh!?? :biggrin:
Plus I'm not so fond of the styling. Was very excited when I saw the latest concept styling few years ago but when it came out in the real version, I was disappointed, just meh...Only like the 22B STI.

Can buy the 7 GSR la, only around 60 or even below now, no need to wait for Toto. It can still happen so keep the dream alive bro!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Most hardcore Evo I might say is Evo VIII instead of IX. The MIVEC 4G63T is not that good for modding compared to the normal 4G63T.
Not that it's not good to mod. Maybe a bit more complicated but still can be modded to insane power la! Even in 100% stock is already damn fast, how fast do you want it to be?? 400, 500, 600hp? The IX can still do all that but the first question is do you have the skill to tame such powerful beast in the first place? So freaking fast also for what, unless you're a pro dragster, a time attacker, or a hill climber, then no need la. Just enough power to tickle an AMG A45 is more than enough what. :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mivec turbo still mod.......lol
Modding is one of the main attractions of getting these cars, hahahahaha. :rofl:

Not that it's not good to mod. Maybe a bit more complicated but still can be modded to insane power la! Even in 100% stock is already damn fast, how fast do you want it to be?? 400, 500, 600hp? The IX can still do all that but the first question is do you have the skill to tame such powerful beast in the first place? So freaking fast also for what, unless you're a pro dragster, a time attacker, or a hill climber, then no need la. Just enough power to tickle an AMG A45 is more than enough what. :biggrin:
For me, I think anything not over 500hp is okay for an Evo. Like maybe 350hp-450hp. Anything over might sacrifice some original driving characteristics of this car.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Hahahaha, but still, You like 7/10 Evo out there. I only know there is 1 Jackie Chan edition which is the IX and that one looked ugly with the riced bodykit.

Most hardcore Evo I might say is Evo VIII instead of IX. The MIVEC 4G63T is not that good for modding compared to the normal 4G63T.
honestly, i feel that the tme is the most hardcore model, not my favorite model but, probably the model i respect the most.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Hahaha.....too many candidate for izso to choose liao.
Stick or auto ? Screaming / silent ? Powderful / powarful ?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Modding is one of the main attractions of getting these cars, hahahahaha. :rofl:

For me, I think anything not over 500hp is okay for an Evo. Like maybe 350hp-450hp. Anything over might sacrifice some original driving characteristics of this car.
Yes, having an Evo will make it very tempting to keep modding. But again even in stock form, it's also already plenty fast for a street car, IMHO la ya coz I'm not pro driver. Maybe for me if I buy one, most likely I will keep it close to stock first and learn it until I can really get a good handle of the car. Even so probably when start modding, I'd not reach over 400hp, anything beyond that is becoming scary already IMHO. Better focus more on improving the low-mid rpm response and overall driveability, handling, and braking as an overall package rather going for max power. Make sure also you can handle the car properly coz with big power comes big responsibility my friend. :driver:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Ya true. Safety first. Lots of powahhh, legs must strong too.
Even puny td04 already make me sweat when i first time drive turbo engine.
Upgrade on correct suspension, UR bars added and wheels really help. Make Driving more fun.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That depends on one's pocket too. After my VR transplant hardly any other mod dy........lol:rofl:
Small basic mods sure will do for car guy. Maybe some ECU tweaking, exhaust system, air filter, wheels + good tyres. But exhaust system feels like a must to really enjoy the engine sound. :biggrin:

honestly, i feel that the tme is the most hardcore model, not my favorite model but, probably the model i respect the most.

People always say TME is legendary but due to what? Lighter than CT9A series while still using the newer powerful 'terbalik' type 4G63T?

Yes, having an Evo will make it very tempting to keep modding. But again even in stock form, it's also already plenty fast for a street car, IMHO la ya coz I'm not pro driver. Maybe for me if I buy one, most likely I will keep it close to stock first and learn it until I can really get a good handle of the car. Even so probably when start modding, I'd not reach over 400hp, anything beyond that is becoming scary already IMHO. Better focus more on improving the low-mid rpm response and overall driveability, handling, and braking as an overall package rather going for max power. Make sure also you can handle the car properly coz with big power comes big responsibility my friend.
Maybe just basic mods like what I mentioned earlier. Don't have to go all the way to engine internals like cams, pistons, block. You are right about stock being very fast since it can do 0-100kmh in under 5 seconds. For that price range, nothing comes close except its arch rival, Impreza WRX STI. Those higher power mods that I mentioned will probably only come after one is very familiar with the stock 300hp.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Small basic mods sure will do for car guy. Maybe some ECU tweaking, exhaust system, air filter, wheels + good tyres. But exhaust system feels like a must to really enjoy the engine sound. :biggrin:
I have been playing mod on NA for quite some time, simple stuffs like exhaust, filter etc.,
Not until I jump to my turbo transplant then only I felt the worthiness of modding. Experiencing the jump in power is really satisfying. Initially I did do some mod to the turbo, like air filter, fuel regulator etc., but I find myself back in square one, felt exactly like my NA mod, felt so little improvement or maybe not at all. So gave up modding further....hhahhahahha:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
People always say TME is legendary but due to what? Lighter than CT9A series while still using the newer powerful 'terbalik' type 4G63T?
Due to being rare coz limited number just to commemorate Makinen's 4 straight rally titles, the most hardcore coz as close as you can have to a rally car for the road, and surprisingly might still be the fastest Evo to date even compared to the IX!

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Ya true. Safety first. Lots of powahhh, legs must strong too.
Even puny td04 already make me sweat when i first time drive turbo engine.
Upgrade on correct suspension, UR bars added and wheels really help. Make Driving more fun.
Yup..my palm and i were sweating like rain when first time boost on perdanalution. It is fun, cheap thrill they say. Hahaha.

stock evo's i suppose is more than enough. Like bro 6uest mention, for street use it is good enough to make those amg run for their money. Now got new player joining in street, Kia GT :driver:

Future car might be evo instead of subaru to replace my current ride. The potential/driveability/maintenance experience leans toward evo instead of subie.:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I have been playing mod on NA for quite some time, simple stuffs like exhaust, filter etc.,
Not until I jump to my turbo transplant then only I felt the worthiness of modding. Experiencing the jump in power is really satisfying. Initially I did do some mod to the turbo, like air filter, fuel regulator etc., but I find myself back in square one, felt exactly like my NA mod, felt so little improvement or maybe not at all. So gave up modding further....hhahhahahha:rofl:
Fuel regulator got what use actually? Improving the consistency of fuel delivery?

I've only done one engine mod which is the extractor. For the price I pay and the improvement I gained, I think it is okay. At least now I don't have to switch off the air cond to really feel power from engine. Now with this extractor mod, it still feels more powerful with air cond on compared to air cond off during stock extractor.

Due to being rare coz limited number just to commemorate Makinen's 4 straight rally titles, the most hardcore coz as close as you can have to a rally car for the road, and surprisingly might still be the fastest Evo to date even compared to the IX!
For the non T.M.E, is it also that good?

Maybe it is fastest Evo in stock form? But when it comes to powerful mods like those time attack machines, people then to choose CT9A chassis instead of CP9A.

Yup..my palm and i were sweating like rain when first time boost on perdanalution. It is fun, cheap thrill they say. Hahaha.

stock evo's i suppose is more than enough. Like bro 6uest mention, for street use it is good enough to make those amg run for their money. Now got new player joining in street, Kia GT :driver:

Future car might be evo instead of subaru to replace my current ride. The potential/driveability/maintenance experience leans toward evo instead of subie.:biggrin:
Eh, I thought initially you want to buy version 8?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Fuel regulator got what use actually? Improving the consistency of fuel delivery?
Yup, regulate the fuel return pressure. Can tune what pressure you want, in a way higher pressure to force more fuel in. Cost is high and power felt like none and FC goes way up :smokin:.........lol:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
For the non T.M.E, is it also that good?

Maybe it is fastest Evo in stock form? But when it comes to powerful mods like those time attack machines, people then to choose CT9A chassis instead of CP9A.
Well yes it is! Just a hair behind the TME but still bloody fast and can also still match the IX stock for stock!

See this video of Vicky Butler from Fifth Gear putting them head-to-head and surprisingly the VI GSR still won by a hair that day! :driver:

[youtube]3YG3uoadVgk[/youtube]

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there...all i jz wanna know where is the fuel pump for wira se located?......is it the things is the black color near the brake pump upper the stereng rack mounted at the body of the car?...

can anyone show me where is it located?.....can i anyone show me the pics of where is it located..

my question is if change it to a high presure fuel pump would it increase the performance of the car?.....

ideal if instal the fuel pressure regualtor? (FPR)?....when the high poressure fuel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience