VQ30DE Timing Chain

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
CGUI: TIMING CHAIN ITSELF COST AROUND rm5XX-6XX ONLI.........EXCLUDING WORKMANSHIP N OTHER PARTS......BUT PLZ LAR.....IF U OSO DOWNGRADE NOBODY ACC. ME LIAO.....IM A LONELY 3.0 THEN.......MUAHAHAHAHAHA....HELP ME!!!

ONG: BUT I CANT CONVERTED TO 2.5L COZ I WANNA BOLT....... :( ANYHOW.....I SAW THE FORUM SHOWING PICS FOR THE AMERICANS SEARCHED THE M/T FOR 3.0L IN CANADA N USED THEM IN THEIR SUPERCHARGED 3.0L A32.....AROUND 4XXBHP FOR 0 - 400M 11.8SEC........ITZ THE PROUD OF A32 IN THE WORLD...... :D
IM SO AMUSED..........

WEIKEE/CGUI: U R RITE.....ACTUALLY CHAIN IS FOR LIFETIME USE FOR JAPANESE N AMERICANS......COZ THEY USED ONLI FOR FEW YEARS LOL..........BUT MY FREN SAYS......IN HIS LIFE OF BEING A MECHANIC......THE SHORTEST IS AROUND 200K.....ALTHOUGH IT WONT GIVE U ANY PROBLEMS SUCH AS TEARING CHAIN BUT IT LL ANNOY U IN TERMS OF CHINNING SOUND......IF U DUN WANNA CHANGE OSO KEN BUT U'LL GET THE LIFE BAND 4 UR ENGINE LOR..... :D

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
ONG:huh??? capital?????? wut u mean????? now im blur like sotong......@_@~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
ONG: oooooopsssssssssssssssssss............soooooowwwweeeeeeeeee........i unpurposely put on the caps lock liao......soooooo soweeeeeeeee.......

To all: but actually the timing chain wont do any harm to the car......so we r glad to b timing chain owner.........cheers.........:beer:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Timing chain making noise...change the tensioner...it's defined as a consumable part of the car, which basically means that it will wear out...

As to the chain itself, unlikely to be consumed. Tensioner should take care of any elongation over time... :smile:

Ultimate Cefiro

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2006
defcon: yup u r rite.......the tensioner oso matter.....

all: hehe.....melli kelimes to eveliwan ar~~~~~ i chiao 1st bai bai.....

tacobell

Nov 13, 2006
Actually what kid of sound does it make? My engine runs pretty smooths and without vibration but just that recently I found out that there is a "tick tick" sound coming from the engine where the timing chain is. My car milage is about 190k. I have not brought it to TC before. Does "tick tick " sounds means the tensioner is wearing out? how much to change?

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Very hard to say without listening to the sound. Timing chain usually sound when the engine is cold. You should hear a rattling when you start the motor. It will get less when the car warms up cos the parts expand as they heat up and the chain gains some tension.

Tick...tick...on that side could be anything...alternator and a/c compressor also there....

tacobell

Nov 13, 2006
it happens occasionally.... no sounds during start up.. after a long run.. it's ticks... hahaha hope it's not a bomb... thanks for the tip...

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Tacobell, don't worry about the money now. Check what is wrong and make sure where the sound is coming from.
Once you know about it, you can sleep better at night.
Not all "tick tick" sound need to fix right the way. Some can wait and you can plan the work shop day as you like.

Can be a sound from the Compressor's magnetic clutch, can be belt bearings, tensional pulley, power steering pump, alternator bearing...etc

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My drive shaft problem. I using gearbox mivec 1.6 with LSD. Where can i get this drive shaft. Mivec 1.6 drive dhaft same or not with Drive shaft 1.6 non mivec gearbox??
Can anonybody help me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience