Temperature Issue

Edward_Lee

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Suggest you check your thermostat. Could be jammed permanantly open.

Or better check your meter - maybe the meter itself is spoilt.

If it's a thermostat issue better get is solved ASAP cuz running at non-optimal temps means your engine oil is not lubricating enough and that means your internals is not getting proper lubrication hence higher wear and tear
Thx for your suggestion bro Izso, i understand the importance of optimal operating temperature and as well the optimal properties of lubricating oil.

I personally tested on both thermostat (old n new), both opens almost the same moment n shuts off well. The sensor it self i've cross test with another 1 with the same kind (value). Abit give up on looking for the cause .......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Maybe the coolant you using is too 'powderfool' :biggrin:

Aiya, if it's lower than normal it might just mean your engine isn't running as hot as it used to. Better cooling, better engine oil used and better air flow result is lower water temp? It does happen you know. Or as suggested, your coolant works too well!

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
I don't know is it the best la ......
Those liquid lubrication product i'm using just normal ordinary Toyota Coolant of 50 : 50 ratio with purified RO water , 5W/30 Semi Syn , Iridium plugs , K&N tats all :hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
go buy those cheap meter...alot of replica nows...
at least cost ard rm150 incl installation...

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No need buy replica la... buy those with decent brand atleast got warranty.
The meter normally wont give you problem but most of the time is the sensor 'kong' even Defi are also same.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,
Behalf of my fren to bring up this question.
he mivec gearbox got problem, plan to change but quite expensive to get back original. workshop offer him 4WD gearbox with very reasonable price..
Anyone running this set up before? can share opinion ? :hmmmm: Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience