L2's temperature rise

Jul 21, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
my kancil' l2 temperature rise slowly when switch on the aircond but when turn off the aircond, the temperature decreses slowly, when this problem occur, I have changed new aluminium radiator, new fan,overhaul,flushing,direct power fan,check the wayering and grounding, and hoses but the problem still occur. can someone help and give suggestions?the termostat have been remove,i tried with normal l2 radiator,check the meter,every coolant,added extra fan,changed water pump-all these i have tried but still no solutions.head gasket changed,been to 5 mechanics and 3 workshop but still the same.Someone suggest to me to change cooling coil, does it related to my problem?

Attachments

Last edited:

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If still cannot fix I suggest you change your engine..the fastest and more efficent way to fix your problem. It could be minor crack somewhere around yr engine which hard to detect. Floor engine should be cheaper than you trouble shoot yr engine.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
have u tried install those blow type fan that can be installed in front of the radiator/coil????

those slim fam type with very large blade diameter...

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
is ur temp meter working properly?

my kelisa temp shoots up maximum when on light pedal, go back down if aircond is on. no coolant loss, no burnt smell at radiator, no sign of overheating, only crazy needle pointer haha

stop and restart engine, temp suddenly back to normal, light pedal and it shoots up again

temp needle only shows normal on cruising or during a lot of rapid acceleration so in my case its probably meter problem

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If your engine running on 2 fans that mean 1 of your fan is not working. When you open aircon another fan is running that cause the temp go down. Maybe check yr radiator fan 1st.

Dec 25, 2011
selangor
my kancil tempreture get high when i run over 80 sometime reach max but if i stop it going normal,aready change termostat, flushing but still same.

cicak_turbo

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
Selangor
gundam... your case is similiar to mine.. L6 turbo auto engine.. removed the thermostat oredy.. next thing to change is putting back a new thermostat.. direct fan (maybe) .. or change more powerful radiator fan..
have anybody heard of forged facing radiator fan?? any review??

sgwangacc

Known Member
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.sgwangacc.com.my
For the Kancil turbo, it's a norm for the temperature rise when switching on the air-cond. If it's high above the average, be aware!

The driver can check the temperature at both in-out sides of condenser. When the car air-cond is switched on and the temperature rises above the average, you can wear gloves and touch both parts as circled in the attached photo.

Their temperature should have difference. If the temperature is similarly hot, most probably the condenser is the main cause.
Hope this helps :driver: Or correct me if i'm not right.