Suzuki Swift vs Suzuki Swift Sport

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
Bud

Get the SSS. The SSS is not just a car with better parts than the SS. It is a whole package. The suspension, bushes ,brakes etc are all put into one nice package.

Get the ori and yes it is worth the extra moolah. If you do sell it, it still comands the higher resale vs the std 1.5 Swift so where is the concern? Unless you are buying it cash, the depreciation is similar for the SS vs the SSS. Assuming you sell the car in 2 to 3 years time, then no prob. Wont lose too much but the drive and sheer fun from the SSS will keep always make you take the longer way home.

Yes..I do drive a SSS manual.

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore
Bud

Get the SSS. The SSS is not just a car with better parts than the SS. It is a whole package. The suspension, bushes ,brakes etc are all put into one nice package.

Get the ori and yes it is worth the extra moolah. If you do sell it, it still comands the higher resale vs the std 1.5 Swift so where is the concern? Unless you are buying it cash, the depreciation is similar for the SS vs the SSS. Assuming you sell the car in 2 to 3 years time, then no prob. Wont lose too much but the drive and sheer fun from the SSS will keep always make you take the longer way home.

Yes..I do drive a SSS manual.
agree on that enjoy the :driver:

tykoh

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Ipoh
tykoh88.blogspot.com
Bud

totally agree with you... if swift sport sold like SGP price... sure i already get it....
thanks to our great gov....:banghead:

raptorie54

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
tokyo autolink
Visit site
ss and sss is like civic and civic type-R. both are very much different from the normal specs. especially OEM body structure strengthen which we cant mod. yes rm30k different is quite a lot but it is worthy. if u mod a ss to sss standard is definately end up more than rm30k and sadly when u sell your car which eventually doesnt worth as sss. so all the mod cost will go in the drain.

sss is a potential, quite gud looking n fun car with its great handling n average power. at that rm100k price tag for a brand new car i cant find a competitor.

im driving a sss manual.

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
jineil2en : malaysia really so hard to find parts?

oinkoink : does the suzuki clutch makes the pedal hard?

wah.. suddenly got a lot of sss owner appear already.. where are you guys from?
justnow i was visiting the lowyat forum and ppl there are comparing m16a with honda b16 motors... sigh.. i wonder whats wrong with them...

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com

justnow i was visiting the lowyat forum and ppl there are comparing m16a with honda b16 motors... sigh.. i wonder whats wrong with them...
yup... mostly u can get is fake or cheap local custom or made parts only...

opp61

Known Member
Dec 1, 2007
kenken,

The SSS Manual clutch is really soft. Actually the car feels like a normal small hatch. Light clutch, nice over bumps and dips on the road. Great in traffic jams.

Its when you are attacking the corners do you reliase that you are driving something special.

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
yup... mostly u can get is fake or cheap local custom or made parts only...
sigh... so far i never even seen simple bolt on parts like exhaust for swift also...... everything have to custom i think...

kenken,

The SSS Manual clutch is really soft. Actually the car feels like a normal small hatch. Light clutch, nice over bumps and dips on the road. Great in traffic jams.

Its when you are attacking the corners do you reliase that you are driving something special.
oppss i was asking bout the suzuki sport clutch actually... i expect the stock clutch to be soft enough la... i'm tired of hard clutch pedals... hows ya sss? lots of mods already? how much torque can our stock clutch can take?

if you earn and buy there consider cheaper than earn n buy in msia...
bad point is sgp need to pay exp petrol and parking fees....:smokin:
friend, i thought you guys got tt?

Last edited:

ckyee22

Mar 14, 2009
hi bro kenken...juz go 2 sunway n ask 4 the performance parts for SSS...i guess u can find some performance parts over there...but b4 u do tat..plz join SCM ...mayb u need so info b4 u mod ur SSS...btw..ur SSS auto or manual?

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
hi bro kenken...juz go 2 sunway n ask 4 the performance parts for SSS...i guess u can find some performance parts over there...but b4 u do tat..plz join SCM ...mayb u need so info b4 u mod ur SSS...btw..ur SSS auto or manual?

cant join scm la coz i havent get my car yet...
havent even choose number yet la..sigh...... its gonna be a white color manual...
why?

oinkoink

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
Singapore

is hard to find parts..... i can't even find a stock crank pulley or stock clutch that time :banghead::banghead:

suzuki sport clutch will make the pedal hard.

suzuki sport lower clutch pedal will make the clutch pedal lower.. stock clutch pedal is quite high...

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

if you earn and buy there consider cheaper than earn n buy in msia...
bad point is sgp need to pay exp petrol and parking fees....:smokin:
we still need to pay exp troll, expensive COE, expensive insurance, expensive road tax.....
:bawling::bawling::bawling:

not to mention we dun own the car ..... after 10yrs we need to scrap the car... if wan to carry on we need buy another COE and we lost our OMV which is so call deposit to gov.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bought 3" super heavy duty industrial PU hose from Huakenny (Bought some times ago, but no time to do the CAI, until today). It's so durable and tough, and it cannot bend more than 80degree, so I have to come out with a DIY, thus this morning, did all the process below.

And the result was Superb Engine Response !

The Finished Product

Stuffs - 3" PVC Elbow, 3" PVC Pipe, Drill...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience