SKYLINE HISTORY 101 #2

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
yes .. ure rite .. they proposed this body before but not approved by nissan boards for r35 version .. the current r35 skyline (NOT GT-R) is no more round tradition light ... but some kinda diamond view evo style lights ... powered by VQ30DE im not sure about the turbo version ...

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Originally posted by space_cowboy@Mar 5 2005, 01:48
kpgc110...for ur info..

cheers'
Hi BudakLembuAngkasa(Spacecowboy)

The picture you posted is actually a KHGC210. One of the first turbocharged Skylines though other variation of the L series engines are available. This car was also imported officially here in Malaysia as you could still see quiet a few four door examples on the road. However the name Skyline was dropped when in arrived here and was simply called the K series..ie 180K..240K etc

As mentioned by Darkchild;The KPGC110 only ran a limited amount of 197 units and I was told that less than 190 were actually road registered. Definately making this car extremely rare. However the KGC110 model did sell well and and makes up the bulk of the C110 series in the market now.

Darkchild: I believe the nickname Godzilla was actually coined by the Austrialian media after the GTR's dominace in the famous Bathrus race.

Sakuraguy: Though I don't agree, I wouldn't be suprise if the don't use the "skyline name plate " and produce them as two separate models as we could already see that in Toyota with its Celica and Supra ( where once they were produced as a Celica Supra)

Farique: Hi, nice picture of the concept GTR. I'm afraid its offical that Nissan won't be producing them in that guise. It was actually a clever marketing ploy by Renault/Nissan to 1) Distract the die hard fan attention of the discontinuing of the RB26 engine( more on this later) 2) To keep the public interested as they won't be producing a GTR till the next generation V36 ( even that isn't confirm)

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Good job guys!! I guess the #2 question is much more easier than the #1 as it still haven't been answered yet..anyway would anyone would like to eloborate further on the "Iron Mask" nickname given to the R30 series? Hint: Its a TV show...

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
Originally posted by .S K A G E E.@Mar 5 2005, 12:14
Good job guys!! I guess the #2 question is much more easier than the #1 as it still haven't been answered yet..anyway would anyone would like to eloborate further on the "Iron Mask" nickname given to the R30 series? Hint: Its a TV show...
i give up! :P

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Originally posted by .S K A G E E.@Mar 5 2005, 12:14
It was a police TV drama in Japan. They used the car in the show... I don't know the name... anyone?

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Wei, .S.K.A.G.E.E. all the questions you give arr, either I wasn't even born yet or I'm like still an infant... A little difficult for me ler... *laughs* :P

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
The 'Kenmeri' Name was for the C110 range of Skylines and is not GT-R specific, it is reference to the advertising campaign used for the C110 Skyline, it contained a happy young couple by the names of Ken & Mary cruising around in their new C110, the ads were so adored by the Japanese that it bought about the nickname you could even buy figurines with a wee C110. (I've attached an image). I believe the ads started before the C110 range but the C110 got the nickname from them.

The 'Hakosuka' was also a nickname used, given to the C10 range of Skylines the range that included the very first GT-R the PGC10 2000GT-R. Loosely translated is something along the lines of Boxed-shape Skyline.

The DR30 Group. 5 Super Silhouette Race car had the nickname 'Deppa' which was in reference to the metre long flames it would spit out of it's exhaust during racing.

Oh!! and the DR30 RS-X also had the nickname 'Iron Mask' for obvious reasons.

"Iron Mask" from the TV Drama In Japan ... Cheers!

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
rx-7's would spit oni few short flames weh... but skylines can pu huge amount of flames eh... ;) i saw this r33 gt-r around sunway area .. using Z-tune body stripe .. throew flame like hell .. i wonder who's that ..... is he in ZTH? ... i saw many times when i go off from work to my home in shah alam ... ;)

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
It's in my pc ler... no url...
That's why in the other thread I was asking if there is anyone who is willing to host my collection of clips...
Lot's of cool stuff....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i've search high and low and can't find any HID that is super white larr
but i've seen a number of civic, benz, bmw, even protons using super WHITE HID.

can any HID owner enlighten me which brand of HID i should go for??

i know 6000k hid is pure white already, but most taiwanese brand i found are bluish white. and japanese brand i found are yellowish....

please help!!
thanx!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience