SIC Track Day

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
When you say its all about track experience....how can that be when most ppl cant even afford to "experience" it ? here we are talking about driving courses and all....most ppl learn hands on,through video's or even practice. i mean isn't that how we all start out anyways? a simple briefing on rules,guidelines and maybe some driving tips will be more than sufficient...

anyways about the boycott me and my friends from JB will be more than glad to join in....feel free to come over to pasir gudang too guys....they are soon gonna run major maintenance on the track...resurfacing the track...adding better facilities to be able to host major events....if you guys come on saturdays....saturday night will have Drag racing events...rm30 per car...hehehe....

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
"I have got a load more ideas but lets give the other esteemed forumers to give some sensible, practical & easily executable ideas. Forget about the free drinks & such..let's be mature & sensible about this. If u can afford to attend track day, you can buy your own mineral water or 100+."

Lets be mature about this discussion, how about not dissing other opinions that people suggested?

I give mine, you give yours. End of the day it contributes to them making a better track experience for us all.

I was merely kick starting what we should be telling Bart rather than typing BOYCOTT BOYCOTT or complaining about the hike when Bart clearly stated that the price hike is not his call and not within his control.

bart.ahmad

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks everyone. Any suggestion, ideas, we're listening.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

We have ideas but no harm to listening to others. Lets share ours. Now, we've been thinking on this particular idea to lessened the frequency of red flags. We do recognize that it can't be totally written off but some red flags are caused by carelessness. To be fair to other track users, we need opinion whether it is good idea to impose penalty for people who caused red flag due to carelessness.?

Last edited:

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
eversince the price hike from rm150 to rm200...its quite a pain already taken into consideration with the uncontrollable crowd and on track traffic, its does not justify the rm50 hike....den followed by a rm200 -> rm250 which I already stayed away from .....n now....rm300 ??!!!

welll maybe its a soft statement from SIC mgt to call out to those who own and see rm300 as peanuts

my 30 cents worth to you SIC!! pui !!!!!

cataphrax

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
how do you plan to determine which red flag instances are caused by carelessness? is there going to be some sort of body / council during the session or its solely based upon the discretion of a track marshal? if a person gets fined would there be any means of appealing his/her case?

i think maybe you guys should focus a bit more on the mechanical aspects of things as opposed to trying to control issues regarding human error with fines and skill improvement modules. over the past year i've seen a substantial amount of instances where the red flags were caused by crashes due to issues such as cars running on bald street tires, with oil leaks, bad brakes, non working brake lights etc. etc. its a different issue if mechanical failures happen during the an actual run as that is purely unforseen but with proper scrutinizing of cars by qualified officials prior to signing in for a session on the abovementioned issues i think you guys can cut down the amount of red flag instances during an open track session.

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
Drivers training, structured programming, drivers grading and some others. What I've mentioned is one of many issues that can be improved within SIC capacity as venue provider to maximise track days experience. We are considering some of this and at the same time, ideas from everyone are welcome. Goal is to maximise track days experience. I can tell you that we're in a midst of discussing this with several professionals on how this training can be implemented. We want SCMC members to be not only fast on track but with the knowledge and experience acquired, be safer on the road.

Announcement on SCMC and will be made soon.
i was just wondering how are u guys gonna train like for example 70 cars (70 drivers) for each and everyone just for 1 particular track day? and are u guys gonna do it for before each track day all the time this year onwards? hmm, i guess the rm 100 increase is not even close to enuf for u guys to impose this. professional training means u need professional trainers. 1 trainers = train 5-6 drivers?
10 trainers can only train about 60 drivers, which is already on the high no side.
If ure saying 1-5 trainers to conduct training on the pit for like 70 cars just by talking, it aint worth it at all for those trackies.

it is best to maintain the price at RM200 and run as it is if you all cant provide a solid solution to improve this and that.
towing a break down car/ car stuck on the gravel FAST is not an improvement, its a must for all the track not only in msia. its not only to avoid frustration cause red light but more to on SAFETY for everyone.
and sometimes i notice some jackarses is still running while is red light which its damn bloody annoying. you guys should have kick them out from the track immediately if the person have actually run more than 1 and a half track during the red light. ive seen some run till the Marshall gotta stand at the mid of the track just to stop this idiots.

suggestion = kick them out and keep their entree fee money:biggrin:

suggestion= what about the regulars huh? no offer kah? u all got all the records for the form that we fill in for each track day
work out something la for us, you wan us to give name? we come in a group, for example hi3r3n, benzer, akuma, and A LOT more that never post anything here yet
we poison each other to come to track day, u all provide la some POISON(discount, keke) for us to poison each other

bart.ahmad

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Gentlemen.

Whether or not SCMC will be revived, the price hike will still takes place. It's a whole different issue. COO of SIC (Mr. Kumar) will come with statement soon that will address on this matter.

SCMC on the other hand, is SIC effort in making track days better by trying to maximize TD experience among it's members. I can't stop everyone to correlate this two issue naturally because the timing of announcement. But correlating or not, on SIC part, we have this commitment to objective of TD.

We're still in discussion on training. Bear in mind that the kind of training won't make you another Schumacher but will address more to track safety. One will argue than that he can already drive fast. Understood. But comes another issue whether by being fast, one can be safe as well? Not only to himself but to others which shares the same track.

One example. Speed difference between high powered and ordinary sedan may contribute to untoward incidents (i don't want to elaborate, i'm not the right person). The kind of training that we think is not to make anyone intimidate by this and knowing what to do on different situation. Driving fast and driving skillfully is two different things. But most importantly, everyone, pro and beginners must be well verse with basic track safety. Flagging and all. The very basic one.

Another example. We try to make TD a safer place somehow we think it's possible to do segregation by grading. Beginners and first timer in Beginners class, seasoned track goers who already knows theories and can go fast comfortably in Intermediate Class while MSS regular or those who've particpated in MMER in Advanced Class. The concentration will be given to Beginners where basic training will be provided.

And there are also off track issues that also contribute to TD experience. Lockers issue for instance. We're looking into this as well.

I must admit that there's still a lot need to refine on this but we're working on it. And we welcome any ideas. And Clement, yeah. We also thinking on what kind of discount we can offer. But one thing for sure, there will be a discount :)

cataphrax

500 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
so basically you guys are adopting a HPC-ish format and essentially killing off the open format track day thus making the ppl who want a open format track day to register for special/private open format events which will not only obviously cost more and but also only allow a limited number of entrants?

seems like were being strong armed into paying even more for a open format track day like what is offered now.

bart.ahmad

Known Member
Sep 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
All things mentioned is example of areas which we think contributes to TD experience and how we think we can do something about it. Those are examples. Any of that are not to be regarded as sole objective of SCMC. SCMC objective is to make TD experience better. Again, the examples which I've stated are among areas that we think contribute to a better TD experience.

SIC will gather ideas from our side and if track goers themselves think they can contribute their ideas like many of you did, we're very interested to hear it. :driver:

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
Gentlemen.

Whether or not SCMC will be revived, the price hike will still takes place. It's a whole different issue. COO of SIC (Mr. Kumar) will come with statement soon that will address on this matter.

SCMC on the other hand, is SIC effort in making track days better by trying to maximize TD experience among it's members. I can't stop everyone to correlate this two issue naturally because the timing of announcement. But correlating or not, on SIC part, we have this commitment to objective of TD.

We're still in discussion on training. Bear in mind that the kind of training won't make you another Schumacher but will address more to track safety. One will argue than that he can already drive fast. Understood. But comes another issue whether by being fast, one can be safe as well? Not only to himself but to others which shares the same track.

One example. Speed difference between high powered and ordinary sedan may contribute to untoward incidents (i don't want to elaborate, i'm not the right person). The kind of training that we think is not to make anyone intimidate by this and knowing what to do on different situation. Driving fast and driving skillfully is two different things. But most importantly, everyone, pro and beginners must be well verse with basic track safety. Flagging and all. The very basic one.

Another example. We try to make TD a safer place somehow we think it's possible to do segregation by grading. Beginners and first timer in Beginners class, seasoned track goers who already knows theories and can go fast comfortably in Intermediate Class while MSS regular or those who've particpated in MMER in Advanced Class. The concentration will be given to Beginners where basic training will be provided.

And there are also off track issues that also contribute to TD experience. Lockers issue for instance. We're looking into this as well.

I must admit that there's still a lot need to refine on this but we're working on it. And we welcome any ideas. And Clement, yeah. We also thinking on what kind of discount we can offer. But one thing for sure, there will be a discount :)
looking forward for that :)

and not to forget
kick those red flag hero out from the track straight away. let them learn
maybe you should put a big sign board at the registration counter

stated "for drivers that do not return to the pit when the light is red will get kick out immediately w/o refunds of their entree fees"
make in bigger and more eye catching
hehehe

and for other drivers i suggest all on their double hazard light when the light is red just to warned those other drivers who maybe dint notice it yet or just pure idiots

just a suggestion but i support 101% on the kick out thingy
hahahaha

Dr reLLiK

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
Bangi, Selangor
no point juz talking here n sic still want to hike the price..
juz boycott track day.. n go to illegal race otr.. this what kind government want!!:thefinger:
when want to close bt3 a lot of janji manis give to us!!! now c guys..
when sic want to hike the price what gov do???

to sic plz dont think juz want 2 earn profit only..
i think 1 of the objective TD can reduce the illegal race.. so think it!!

h3id3rn

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Gentlemen.

Hi Bart,

Any idea when Mr. Kumar would make a statement and where would it be made? Is it verbal or written here in the forums, will there be any Q&A session just so that we can clarify that it is justifiable for SIC management to raise the price? If there is, then if the time is right then i would like to attend this Q&A session with Mr. Kumar and there might be others who would want to see how SIC would like to justify for this price hike.

Thanks

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
clement made a very valid point der...besides minor/major incidents/accidents resulting in red lights,dis minor groups who keeps on goin n goin whn d red light comes on r contributing 2 longer red light period.....SHUD think of a way 2 deal w them.probably football style?1 yellow card...2 yellow card n ur OUT!no rayuan please!
coz i do believe during each TD,SIC management do gif out briefing but many never bother abt it..so it's NO excuse not 2 know wat all d flags mean,ESPECIALLY red flag(damn pantang whn i c dis kaler!).....

also,having more TD whc SHOULD minimise number of cars during each TD sounds good 2 me....yes,since now v understand v can't do zilch abt d price hike..BUT,if by paying d RM300 n d scenario is sumthg like wat i experience during private track sessions(RM350 a pop),i'm willing 2 pay....no need 2 fight 4 pits,no1 will hog "your" pit...no SHOW CARS parking in d pit or worst still,block pit entry/exit,owner no whr 2 b found.

n owh....can v download d indemnitiy form online?i din check on dis.so v can fill up d form b4 v reach SIC so can save time.

oooopppss...brain jam!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know where to find autoglymn products in PJ, KL?
i know they have in Johor but here??.....anyone?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience