1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

s15

Discussion in 'Nissan 180SX / Silvia Forum' started by JS2, May 24, 2006.

1. gti88

gti88 Senior Member

I use only Motul 6100 fully synthetic.. :regular_smile:

2. JS2

JS2 15 Year | Platinum

i see i see...i think my previous owner using that too... =)

3. TODA

TODA Senior Member

yup wat gti88 says is true, nvr stretch it........even though many false claims saying u can use full-syn oil fr 10k km its bullshit

fully syn or not its the additives that gives a better prtection to your engine but doesnt change the fact that the high temp n residues will give the same impact to your oil eventually

4. CarismaGT

CarismaGT Senior Member

ermmm Lester from Garage R suggested to me with the HKS Super Turbo Racing 15W/50 i can push it till 6000KM for Normal Street use BUT it is recomended to change once u touched 5000KM and above.. hence i said "almost" 6000KM hehehe....

p/s: i can reach 5000KM in less than a month at times as i travel on highway a lot guys muahahah so please include traffic jam into your calculation hehehe...

in the end of day.. like i mentioned earlier.. what kind and how fast you wanna change your engine oil would be depending on how deep your pocket goes... hehehe

5. CarismaGT

CarismaGT Senior Member

hmmm after mentioned this i think there will probrably a debate on this issue hehehe... for example.. SR20DET 2.0 but consume less than 4L each oil change.. Merc C200 also 2.0 but consume almost 6L each oil change.. ermm both also 2.0 rite? but then the merc that send its car to Authorised Service Center... they only do their oil change each 10'000KM and those cars that runs around 150'000KMs in total and until today still run as healthy with minimal wear and tear.. hehehe... same goes with BMW 320.. also consume around almost 6L of engine oil... best part is.. Authorised Mercedes and Authorsied BMW Service Center use Castrol RS 10W/60 for all its clients car... European cars supposingly making higher temp i believe.. well i might be wrong hehe... so i believe if the Castrol RS is good for the Merc and BMW to do until 10'000KM mayb it should last us for 5000KM hehehe

my point is.. could it be the amount of more capacity of engine oil helps in the lifespan of its oil?

6. DRFT_240sx

DRFT_240sx Senior Member

I'm just wondering why you guys are using full synthetic on your hot turbo engines instead of dino oil?

7. TODA

TODA Senior Member

CarismaGT, I get what u mean, I was confused by different recommendations till recently...

http://www.nordicgroup.us/oil.htm
    do chk out the oil change interval section.

DRFT_240sx, do chk out the link above. read the synthetic oil section...

hope this helps :_:

8. TODA

TODA Senior Member

I almost forgot, do read the 'Oil Analysis' section......explains well (at least better tha me)