s15

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
JS2 said:
wow...how much is that oil 1st? hahaha...how about if i rev hard?will it eat more engine oil?
hehehe i find it cheaper to use HKS instead reason being.. i push the HKS until almost 6000KM while i only use the MOTUL until 3000KM so it only cost me approx RM350 for the HKS Engine Oil 15/50 + GREDDY Oil Filter + Labour... while the MOTUL 15/50 will cost me around RM260 for Engine Oil + GREDDY Oil Filter + Labour..... so if you do the maths.. :) hehehe i save at least RM170 each 6000KM :)

regarding the "eat" engine oil issue... i believe bro TODA has already explain well... well for the Motul i find them starts to evaporate after 2000KM while the HKS ones only starts to evaporate around 4000KM... i have the habit of checking my all my fluids and coolant level and for oil leaks first thing in the morning before i starts the engine... so this is has never been an issue for me.. :) and yea i do lots of high rpms driving also at times so i don think high rpm are an issue for both engine oil... :)

Last edited:

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
alright thanks alot dude...i will be looking forward to that...

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
Bro CarismaGT, seems like u revv hard quite a lot - from your oil evaporation figures......heheh coz im a heavy right footer too

as for me, im driving N/A car - dohc vtec manual as u might already know revving past the 8k mark is very common and previously tried almost all the reputable brands in the market(semi-syn that is, cant afford full-syn) but i always exp oil evaporation way b4 5000km n gotta change b4 that coz its getting 'thicker'

now, Im using an oil claimed to have low evaporation rate.....i mean even after 3000km u still hav the full mark and low viscosity means lower engine noise (tappets noise)

guessed im poisoned after seeing the results

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
CarismaGT said:
hehehe i find it cheaper to use HKS instead reason being.. i push the HKS until almost 6000KM while i only use the MOTUL until 3000KM so it only cost me approx RM350 for the HKS Engine Oil 15/50 + GREDDY Oil Filter + Labour... while the MOTUL 15/50 will cost me around RM260 for Engine Oil + GREDDY Oil Filter + Labour..... so if you do the maths.. :) hehehe i save at least RM170 each 6000KM :)

regarding the "eat" engine oil issue... i believe bro TODA has already explain well... well for the Motul i find them starts to evaporate after 2000KM while the HKS ones only starts to evaporate around 4000KM... i have the habit of checking my all my fluids and coolant level and for oil leaks first thing in the morning before i starts the engine... so this is has never been an issue for me.. :) and yea i do lots of high rpms driving also at times so i don think high rpm are an issue for both engine oil... :)

actually it doesnt really matter what brand of fully synthetic oil you use,
you shouldn't go more than 5000km per oil change.
And since our cars are turbocharged, by right, we should change earlier..

stretching to 6000km really isnt recommended. :mouth_closed:

*my 0.88 cents*

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
what oil do you guys use normally? fully synthetic or semi synthetic?

JS2

Known Member
Mar 3, 2006
i see i see...i think my previous owner using that too... =)

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
yup wat gti88 says is true, nvr stretch it........even though many false claims saying u can use full-syn oil fr 10k km its bullshit

fully syn or not its the additives that gives a better prtection to your engine but doesnt change the fact that the high temp n residues will give the same impact to your oil eventually

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
gti88 said:
actually it doesnt really matter what brand of fully synthetic oil you use,
you shouldn't go more than 5000km per oil change.
And since our cars are turbocharged, by right, we should change earlier..

stretching to 6000km really isnt recommended. :mouth_closed:

*my 0.88 cents*
ermmm Lester from Garage R suggested to me with the HKS Super Turbo Racing 15W/50 i can push it till 6000KM for Normal Street use BUT it is recomended to change once u touched 5000KM and above.. hence i said "almost" 6000KM hehehe....

p/s: i can reach 5000KM in less than a month at times as i travel on highway a lot guys muahahah so please include traffic jam into your calculation hehehe...

in the end of day.. like i mentioned earlier.. what kind and how fast you wanna change your engine oil would be depending on how deep your pocket goes... hehehe

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
TODA said:
yup wat gti88 says is true, nvr stretch it........even though many false claims saying u can use full-syn oil fr 10k km its bullshit

fully syn or not its the additives that gives a better prtection to your engine but doesnt change the fact that the high temp n residues will give the same impact to your oil eventually

hmmm after mentioned this i think there will probrably a debate on this issue hehehe... for example.. SR20DET 2.0 but consume less than 4L each oil change.. Merc C200 also 2.0 but consume almost 6L each oil change.. ermm both also 2.0 rite? but then the merc that send its car to Authorised Service Center... they only do their oil change each 10'000KM and those cars that runs around 150'000KMs in total and until today still run as healthy with minimal wear and tear.. hehehe... same goes with BMW 320.. also consume around almost 6L of engine oil... best part is.. Authorised Mercedes and Authorsied BMW Service Center use Castrol RS 10W/60 for all its clients car... European cars supposingly making higher temp i believe.. well i might be wrong hehe... so i believe if the Castrol RS is good for the Merc and BMW to do until 10'000KM mayb it should last us for 5000KM hehehe

my point is.. could it be the amount of more capacity of engine oil helps in the lifespan of its oil?

DRFT_240sx

Nov 15, 2003
I'm just wondering why you guys are using full synthetic on your hot turbo engines instead of dino oil?

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
CarismaGT, I get what u mean, I was confused by different recommendations till recently...

http://www.nordicgroup.us/oil.htm
do chk out the oil change interval section.

DRFT_240sx, do chk out the link above. read the synthetic oil section...

hope this helps :_:

TODA

Known Member
May 20, 2005
downtheroad
CarismaGT said:
hmmm after mentioned this i think there will probrably a debate on this issue hehehe... for example.. SR20DET 2.0 but consume less than 4L each oil change.. Merc C200 also 2.0 but consume almost 6L each oil change.. ermm both also 2.0 rite? but then the merc that send its car to Authorised Service Center... they only do their oil change each 10'000KM and those cars that runs around 150'000KMs in total and until today still run as healthy with minimal wear and tear.. hehehe... same goes with BMW 320.. also consume around almost 6L of engine oil... best part is.. Authorised Mercedes and Authorsied BMW Service Center use Castrol RS 10W/60 for all its clients car... European cars supposingly making higher temp i believe.. well i might be wrong hehe... so i believe if the Castrol RS is good for the Merc and BMW to do until 10'000KM mayb it should last us for 5000KM hehehe

my point is.. could it be the amount of more capacity of engine oil helps in the lifespan of its oil?
I almost forgot, do read the 'Oil Analysis' section......explains well (at least better tha me)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My door actuator sometimes not working and i'm think to diy changing the door actuator(driver door actuator). I went to 1U Eneos to buy the door actuator but i found out there are 2 types of door actuator (2 wires and 5 wires door actuator). Which one to buy:confused_smile: ???Pls help me......thanks.....:regular_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience