Proton 4G13/4G15....Satria/Wira/Saga

Sonic Thunder

Known Member
Jun 23, 2008
guys,can i fit a mivec 1.6 head on my 4G15 block?
is it possible?
any xtra mods to the e.c.u and etc?
thanx!

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

guys,can i fit a mivec 1.6 head on my 4G15 block?
is it possible?
any xtra mods to the e.c.u and etc?
thanx!

aLoM

Aug 14, 2007
Anyone mau tolak front brake upgrades for iswara? Looking for IMP formula rotors. any feedback on this? after upgrading the front them might wanna change the rear to disc. Any comment?

aLoM

Aug 14, 2007
The thing is, VR4 brake system are not easy to get here in Sarawak. Even most of the after market parts i got it on9. So if u guys got anything to tolak, just pm me. If im not mistaken there are a few gen of this vr4. 6,7,8th gen. which one is the most suitable. Enlighten me mr Skywalker. Big fan of ur blog here. :)

Sonic Thunder

Known Member
Jun 23, 2008
sifoos...need ur opinions before i proceed to install da mods i hv in mind...
im drivin a wira wit 4G15 injection auto trans...
plannin to put a open pod wit heatshield...(doesnt cme wit air flow sensor)
cold air intake...aftermarket plug cable...denso iridium..full piping...
need advice on piping set up..and my choice of filter...
thanks alot!
cheers!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
The thing is, VR4 brake system are not easy to get here in Sarawak. Even most of the after market parts i got it on9. So if u guys got anything to tolak, just pm me. If im not mistaken there are a few gen of this vr4. 6,7,8th gen. which one is the most suitable. Enlighten me mr Skywalker. Big fan of ur blog here. :)
should be the 6th gen vr4... there are single pot and twinpot to choose from... single pot ones should be sufficient unless ur car producing big power exceeding 150whp...

what car u driving??... if wira, i recommend u to get mivec brake set... single pot also... if saga iswara, plug and play ones only mirage turbo and rvr brake set... for saga iswara, make sure ur tie rod is fixed from the top into ur knuckle... if fitted from the bottom like wira, u'll have weird steering feedback....

thanks alot!
cheers!
try get drop in air filter such as k&n... remember to do cold air intake as well because wira oem cai snorkle is restrictive...
dont need aftermarket plug cables... ur oem plug cables are good enough... tested by many of us already... yes, use better sparkplugs do help... if u have money can go for iridium, although IMO its a waste of money for stock standard engine... platinum ones should be sufficient...

as for exhaust piping... get 4-2-1 extractor... 1.7" piping... decat replace with straight bullet... use s-flow muffler with inlet no bigger den 2"...

aLoM

Aug 14, 2007
Driving iswara bro. Can you define wierd steering feedback?usually how much does the brake set cost?i just got my steel braided hose delivered recently. yet be be installed.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Driving iswara bro. Can you define wierd steering feedback?usually how much does the brake set cost?i just got my steel braided hose delivered recently. yet be be installed.
cannot define it myself as i've never experienced it before... but almost all who upgraded to vr4 brake set with tie rod fitted from the bottom does complain about weird steering feedback, especially when suspension travels up and down (go over uneven roads).... so i guess there are serious alteration on toe and camber when the suspension travels up and down...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
thanks alot!
cheers!
if you driving auto better not put open pod .... you need low to midrange power cause you are driving auto....you should use drop in air filter....

use 4-2-1 extractor + 1.7" or 1.8" piping + S-flow muffler

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
cannot define it myself as i've never experienced it before... But almost all who upgraded to vr4 brake set with tie rod fitted from the bottom does complain about weird steering feedback, especially when suspension travels up and down (go over uneven roads).... So i guess there are serious alteration on toe and camber when the suspension travels up and down...
bump steer.

Sonic Thunder

Known Member
Jun 23, 2008
bro Skywalker and AD EG,
da piping set up dat u r suggesting wouldn't be too loud right?
ive already took owt my OEM CAI...now running on aftermarket CAI...
thanks 4 da info bout k&n drop in...will do it very soon...
im abit worried of da loudness if i replace da cat wit a str8 bullet...
dats all...
thanks 4 ur time sifoos!

Last edited:

mat_mr90

Sep 8, 2008
Hi .... sorry "tumpang this tread".. i just bougth 2nd hand wira aeroback and plan to put evo3 seat complete set. Can that seat nicely fit to my car. I just worried the rear seat.. any one can give the opinion or already have the experience

thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car is runnin on a VR4 which i have been using it for the past 2 years n im unhappy with the performance due to the all sort of faulty that has caused.Im planning to change my engine n im not sure which will be better.If i choose mivec is it safe if i put in turbo?
(GSR or EVOIII)
which will last longer?
about the maintenance?
fuel consumption?
JPJ?
smoother driving? no idea bout these engine
reccomendation plz?

Im confused and do need help here???:confused_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience