preferred brake pads for your ek/eg/dc...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
just doing a quick survey before i decide to change mine... currently making some annoying sounds, and i've decided to "upgrade" to a more branded pads..

would like some feedback from all the sifu's regarding their PADS (lol).

something with awesome bite but less brake dust =Pp

btw, merry xmas

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
harder pads, rotor wear higher, but less brake dust, softer pads, less rotor wear, higher brake dust. But the amount varies depending on compound type. I've used the ori nissin pads, high brake dust, but rotor looks good with almost zero wear, a little brake fade when overused, but not bad. Bendix metal king, not too bad, but hard compound, low dust, used aggresively, eats rotors, but if drive normally, shouldn't be an issue. Had to use it when I noticed my pads nearly finished in Terengganu, it was all the shop had that could fit the ek9 caliper. Was meant for honda legend never touched 50% wear, tossed the pad when it started squealing, noticed the disc was badly worn never reused, throw into garbage changed to new rotors along with new endless street pads. Ebc yellows, tried, sold before finish because friend wanted to try it, quite good, but Low dust, moderate disc wear. Endless, used twice, soft compound brake dust a lot, but not as bad as the nissin's . disc wear almost none, second set less brake dust, might be because they revised the compound, still using., my ek9 brakes actually came with race pads(according to my mech) when I bought it, red colour, dunno what brand, used it, but not so good for town driving, because effective temperature is a lot higher than normal street pads. So the pads feels kind of slippery when cold. Didn't finish, swapped to nissin pads after a month.

Prices, bendix half of nissin, nissin almost 100 bucks cheaper from endless, endless cheaper than ebc yellows more than 200 bucks. Yellows are actually race pads, but can use on the street because it works below 800deg.

The more expensive more resistant to brake fade, but you don't get this unless you've been braking constantly, like carrying old people in car down genting and braking before any corners.

If drive moderately, the bendix and nissin good enough, for more aggresive use, get higher ranked pads.

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
What is the best degree brake pad for track use? 0-300 or 0-500 :confused:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
awesome. i think i'll try endless since its the in between the good and the better... i dont drive that much so as far as hard compound/raping the disc is concern, its not on the priority list.

thanks again shiro. mucho mucho love to u.

sil80-13 : not a pro but track should be 0-500 better since the temp there will be higher, if u get 300, once it goes above 300, and u still gung ho on the tracks... good luck.. lol

Azu MET008

Known Member
May 28, 2009
Bro.

For occasionally track use should be >> 500deg temp pad. otherwise imagine after turn 1 after long straight shoot u try to brake, u push, car doesn't stop.:adore::adore:

For street set up, i think should be ok.

Regards

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
using ferodo zero now...i feel like sometimes bite sometimes not bite. normally after heat up bite good tho. lots of dust tho but is not a problem.

used lemburg reds before. good bite initialy cold or warm but fade is sudden and after fade is like no brakes at all. scary.

Azu MET008

Known Member
May 28, 2009
i use lemburg reds also last time - Feel same like u.. Change to g Reedy foem Mutiara. Green color.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im juz curius
fitting in a 1.5 hydraulic clutch pump in a 1.6liter engine does it effect anything ?
its look almost the the same like the 1.6 hydraulic pump but smaller a bit ..
thanks !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience