Planning to buy AUDI A4 B8 either 2010,2011&2012

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
How about used BMW? I see E90 selling quite cheap nowadays.

Some say buy used conti rather than buying brand new Japanese car for similar price. But for me, I'll say buy used Evo or STI at the price of Vios, City or Almera. :biggrin:
Never in league with BMW so never really follow. But my friend years ago bought one second hand 5 series. Beautiful body, accident free, good paint but mechanically had problem month after month. Every time go in workshop RM1k plus and that was really years ago so was a really big amount those days. After 6 months he decided to sell, seems the car more in workshop than being driven.

Then there was another friend went to buy 2nd hand Camry, decide on one then tried to trade in his 3 year old PUG306. Salesman ask if got other cars, he said got SM4 but almost 10 years old. Salesman say he will take the SM4......lol:biggrin:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
buying conti cars is like together with a concubine..
prepare pocket to be dry by her.. especially there is a brand called Big Mouth Women...
if you dont prepare to burn your hand especially at current market situation better find sushi cars even kimchi spareparts also expensive..

Good luck..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Never in league with BMW so never really follow. But my friend years ago bought one second hand 5 series. Beautiful body, accident free, good paint but mechanically had problem month after month. Every time go in workshop RM1k plus and that was really years ago so was a really big amount those days. After 6 months he decided to sell, seems the car more in workshop than being driven.

Then there was another friend went to buy 2nd hand Camry, decide on one then tried to trade in his 3 year old PUG306. Salesman ask if got other cars, he said got SM4 but almost 10 years old. Salesman say he will take the SM4......lol:biggrin:
Which generation of 5 series? Used E60 5 series now really lose a lot of value. Selling like brand new Myvi price. If got money to take care of it or want to use it for mods, I guess it is okay. But if only can afford Myvi level of maintenance cost but buy BMW, your pocket will die horribly. :biggrin:

Salesman also know that more people will want to get the SM4 instead of peugeot. Buy peugeot, later end up like dead asset, months or years also cannot sell. My friend's father bought a Peugeot 408 turbo during a discount promotion in 2014. Few months ago, my friend said his dad is getting old, got backache problems when sitting in a low car, so wanted to upgrade to new Forester. But after checking the resale value of 2014 Peugeot 408 which is at around RM40k plus, his dad gave up the idea since the car can't be sold for much value. Funny thing is, my friend's 2010 Grand Livina seemed to hold more value than the 408. His dad used to drive the Livina, but changed to 408. :rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Some forummers here regard and wanted Mitsu Evo as everyday ride, while some sifu at ZTH gave calculation of the monthly maintenance, petrol spending when driving the evo.....not a small figure actually.

After that, its up to the owner to decide to Evo or not evo.
Evo might be a chick magnet, also for car thieves......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Some forummers here regard and wanted Mitsu Evo as everyday ride, while some sifu at ZTH gave calculation of the monthly maintenance, petrol spending when driving the evo.....not a small figure actually.

After that, its up to the owner to decide to Evo or not evo.
Evo might be a chick magnet, also for car thieves......
I think if want to own an Evo, better keep it as weekend if can't afford daily drive FC. Mentioned before here that a daily driven Evo X can cost RM1200 for petrol.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=437746&page=2

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
through my experience & study in beemers, never get the basic model (below *20i) & always go for highest spec (*25i, 30i, 35i above) offered by Auto Bavaria.....get the basic spec for the sake of the emblem & pride, expect to pay more during maintenance & those famous BMW term will haunt u LOL

if can't afford the high spec model, get other highest spec car from different manufacturer that suit ur budget

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
through my experience & study in beemers, never get the basic model (below *20i) & always go for highest spec (*25i, 30i, 35i above) offered by Auto Bavaria.....get the basic spec for the sake of the emblem & pride, expect to pay more during maintenance & those famous BMW term will haunt u LOL

if can't afford the high spec model, get other highest spec car from different manufacturer that suit ur budget
How about those old E46 318i or 320i manual? Also not good? Hard to find newer manual BMW models now.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If possible get the 6 cylinder engine which BMW are famous for :biggrin:
Like that need at least find 325i E46 manual... I think got, but rarely appears for sale. BMW are always known for their driving purity but in Malaysia, hardly can find any with manual box...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
If possible get the 6 cylinder engine which BMW are famous for :biggrin:
famous for its smoot smoot and torquey engine....
When bayar roadtax and insurance for cars with high engine capacity, some will cry.......

My colleague traded her Honda City, and top-up a bit and gotten herself a used Nissan Murano. She felt so happy and thought she found gold becoz the car gives her a very solid driving feel...So yeng.
When changing tyres, maintenance, road tax & insurance expiration came......she almost need to borrow money for that....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
famous for its smoot smoot and torquey engine....
When bayar roadtax and insurance for cars with high engine capacity, some will cry.......

My colleague traded her Honda City, and top-up a bit and gotten herself a used Nissan Murano. She felt so happy and thought she found gold becoz the car gives her a very solid driving feel...So yeng.
When changing tyres, maintenance, road tax & insurance expiration came......she almost need to borrow money for that....
Murano 2.5 or 3.5? If 3.5, can expect maintenance similar to 350Z already.

My aunt who owned a Honda City last time also said before that she wants to consider Murano as her next car. Luckily she din't. Now end up with HR-V.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Which generation of 5 series? Used E60 5 series now really lose a lot of value. Selling like brand new Myvi price. If got money to take care of it or want to use it for mods, I guess it is okay. But if only can afford Myvi level of maintenance cost but buy BMW, your pocket will die horribly. :biggrin:

Salesman also know that more people will want to get the SM4 instead of peugeot. Buy peugeot, later end up like dead asset, months or years also cannot sell. My friend's father bought a Peugeot 408 turbo during a discount promotion in 2014. Few months ago, my friend said his dad is getting old, got backache problems when sitting in a low car, so wanted to upgrade to new Forester. But after checking the resale value of 2014 Peugeot 408 which is at around RM40k plus, his dad gave up the idea since the car can't be sold for much value. Funny thing is, my friend's 2010 Grand Livina seemed to hold more value than the 408. His dad used to drive the Livina, but changed to 408. :rofl:
JDM vs Conti resale value......lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
good lah bro. Have fun with ur new truck. :biggrin:
my brother owned one too, so far din hear him complain.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To make our sales process easier and faster, we have appointed business partners across the country.

Please look at the list below and look for your area and contact person's HP number. You can arrange for demo directly with them. They are able to arrange product delivery according to your needs too.

Johore Bahru
- 012 208 3843

Malacca
- 012 208 3843

Negeri Sembilan
- 012 208 3843

Kuala Lumpur/ Petaling Jaya
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience