so any update about your hunting
humongousgravy
how much can you bargain for that v6

note : wait till after PRU sure price reduce like hell either Opposition Or Gov

jien1329

Known Member
Sep 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, link here. Proton Perdana V6 2.0 (A)ENCHANCE NEW FACELiFT - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my
Car is at car lot near UPM, Serdang.

Seems like old Perdana dashboard, steering with moon and star, dashboard meter dials all black background. Modified?
i bought the last version of the v6..

1. there should be a white meter panel
2. next, on the meter panel, there should be gearbox, and abs symbols. the black meter panel doesnt, just either one, i think.
3. next, check on the left side of the body. old pv6 have their antenna fitted at the rear upper left the wheel arch. check wheter there were some obvious marks of the antenna holes being weld, or tampal.
4. next, check on the radiator. there should be an atf cooler mounted properly infront the condenser.
5. the steering is definitely not the enhanced version steering.
6. do check on the front bonnet. there should not be empty. there should be a carpet, dunno what it is called, to absorb the heat from the engine.
7. owh, finally, when u lift the front bonnet, does it bends? u will feel that the bonnet bends, mcm lembik if it is not the original bonnet. original bonnet is stiffer.

goodluck! :driver:

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

today, i just collected all the apparatus to fit in an external atf filter. i will diy the filter tomorrow.
anyone interested in having the diy documentation, feel free to pm me:biggrin:

i am too lazy to have the gearbox pan/oil sump taken dowm, so i managed to install an external filter.
so that it will be easier for me to replace them.
plus, the atf filter inside the gearbox is too small, and it doesnt even look that they can last up to 40k km.

i will update the progress asap ;):nurse:

Last edited:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Thanks to Danz and Jien for the advice. I think I managed to negotiate to 28k including road tax and insurance for Nov 2006 car. Salesman said he will change back to the original steering. Meter I will also ask him to change back. No wonder I could find the ABS light when I was test driving. And no wonder the signal stalk had felt weird and it doesn't return after turning.

And I think the antenna is fitted at the roof, somewhere near the mid of the rear windscreen.

But LANE, I think the used carb prices won't be affected much right? Anyways they can't just drop the car price just like that. I think perhaps gradually in 3 to 5 years, IF they do reduce the price.

juniorkirk

500 RPM
Jan 17, 2006
btw, if anyone looking for eterna 6a12TT manual gearbox, i got one to let go. RS version code 332. price 3k nego :D

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
one noob question since i only own a perdana not too long ago. There is no reverse light or sensor when the gear is on "R". I suspect it might be the reverse switch and my mech told me the switch is in the gearbox? Anyone can confirm cos my mech sometime is a bit crazy one....

ryan.ashford76

May 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, i'm a newbie here. Just wanted to ask all the sifu here about G.box transplant. I'm currently running on MivecV6 2.0 auto non MD. I've been using this car since 2004 and the engine is great and smooth but getting a little bored with auto so I'm deciding to convert to manual.

Any suggestions from any sifu out there which type of GB is suitable for my engine? Normally Gb has codes like 332 or 222 etc etc right? Just wondering which kind of Gb is the best for this rare engine? Really need some help....:confused:

ryan.ashford76

May 3, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys. I'm getting very confused here. I've just asked around from a few cutshops and they are telling me that the Gb 312 doesn't suit my engine... :banghead: :confused: At 1st i didn't think he knew what he was talking about but when i asked another shop, they said the same thing too. Oh boy.. Now I'm really confused..:confused:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Hi guys,

Booked one Perdana V6 2006 Enhanced 3 (seems like it, interior is cream and meter panel is white), not sure not to read the version from the geran. Once loan approved maybe I can join for TT? :biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Hi guys. I'm getting very confused here. I've just asked around from a few cutshops and they are telling me that the Gb 312 doesn't suit my engine... :banghead: :confused: At 1st i didn't think he knew what he was talking about but when i asked another shop, they said the same thing too. Oh boy.. Now I'm really confused..:confused:
u need to ask which code can fit? 332?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Hi guys,

Booked one Perdana V6 2006 Enhanced 3 (seems like it, interior is cream and meter panel is white), not sure not to read the version from the geran. Once loan approved maybe I can join for TT? :biggrin:
good luck on your loan application...:rofl:

humongousgravy

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Seremban
Can all the bros and abang abang sekalian give some advice, what are the things to do when first getting the used car:
* please give recommended brand (with price even better) for Perdana v6 as well, don't mind paying a slight premium, as long as it is proven to be good.

1) Change timing belt? Dayco? Mileage for car is about 158k
2) Change ATF? Recommended is Diaqueen?
3) Buy NGK Iridium to stock up for next spark plug change?
4) Tinting
5) Change engine oil? Is Elf Synthetic Pro 10w50 good?

That's all I can think of now.

Please advice a beginner.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WieZQrk_mnI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The guys at LEGOLAND Florida has built something spectacular with more than 380,000 LEGO bricks in 2500 grueling hours, a LEGO version of the Ford Explorer. The replica was built by LEGOLAND Florida, weighs 1,204 kg including a 348 kg aluminum support structure.

The model will be displayed in the State of Florida, where the Ford Driving School is located. The...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience