Nissan Cefiro A32 3.0 Fuel Consumption - Advice Needed

Jun 29, 2006
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Cefiro A32 3.0 (year 1997), & has done some calculation on my fuel consumption. The result is:

Full tank at approximately RM120 (take it as 60 litres), it went for approximately 350 km (city diving) before I filled it with another RM120 petrol. It's about 5.8km /litre, it seems like something is wrong with the fuel consumption for A32 3.0 Cefiro.

I not sure if this model of Cefiro consume so much of petrol for city driving, if you are driving a same model of cefiro, I appreciate if you can advise your fuel consumption too, just or comparison.

Tan Chong told me that I have to replace the Knock Sensor, will this help to impove the F.C.?

Thank you,
Lester

Lawcc

Known Member
Jul 15, 2005
Damansara
sychung said:
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Cefiro A32 3.0 (year 1997), & has done some calculation on my fuel consumption. The result is:

Full tank at approximately RM120 (take it as 60 litres), it went for approximately 350 km (city diving) before I filled it with another RM120 petrol. It's about 5.8km /litre, it seems like something is wrong with the fuel consumption for A32 3.0 Cefiro.

I not sure if this model of Cefiro consume so much of petrol for city driving, if you are driving a same model of cefiro, I appreciate if you can advise your fuel consumption too, just or comparison.

Tan Chong told me that I have to replace the Knock Sensor, will this help to impove the F.C.?

Thank you,
Lester
First what is your tyre size? Big tyres bad FC.

2nd how bad is the city driving. My city driving is just normal driving without traffic jam, but can't constantly maintain at certain speed. That gives me about 400km per full tank.

3rd you need diagnose your engine to check any spoilt sensors and parts. If yes, then examine further and replace. Check whether any KS error code before you change KS.

You may(or must) also replace engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, ATF oil, spark plugs, flush radiator, etc after purchase used car.

My 2 sen view.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
hi sychung...what lawcc said its true...1st of all...do a major service n replace all fluids u can find...use better grade engine oil...

usually bigger cc cars like cefiro have better FC on highways compare to smaller cc cars..but for city driving...dont expect too much le...mine did 430km++ on full tank with 50/50 highways n city...if 100% highways...can reach 650km...with constant 130km/h...

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
ongteckweng said:
hi sychung...what lawcc said its true...1st of all...do a major service n replace all fluids u can find...use better grade engine oil...

usually bigger cc cars like cefiro have better FC on highways compare to smaller cc cars..but for city driving...dont expect too much le...mine did 430km++ on full tank with 50/50 highways n city...if 100% highways...can reach 650km...with constant 130km/h...
Agree with the others.

Did Tan Chong do an engine diagnostics and detect a knock sensor failure fault code? The correct procedure is to erase the fault code, drive the car around, then test again if the fault code comes back.

If it does come back, then you do need to change the knock sensor. And yes...the knock sensor does have a bearing on FC. If the sensor is faulthy, the ECU will play safe and enrich the air-fuel mixture to protect the engine.

sychung

Jun 29, 2006
Hi,

Thank you for all our input & I really appreciate it.

I have made an appointment with Tan Chong & will replace my Knock Sensor. They have actually use the handheld device to test the car & the mechanic told me that my knock sensor has already spoilt. I not sure if they do erase the error code & test it again for second time though, as I'm not with the mechanic when he was doing the testing.

One more thing I notice is, there's a petrol leaking at the position where right in front of the front passenger seat, somewhere around & underneath the MAF. It will leak when you start the engine after long hours of engine switch-off (mostly at the morning when you first start your engine). I not sure what is spoilt & will tell Tan Chong about that.

I think this is the major problem that causing the bad FC.

Thank you.

Lester

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
ongteckweng said:
keep us update on ur FC when u change the KS...im sure the petrol leaking contribute to ur bad FC as well...
Get that petrol leak looked at immediately. ANY petrol leak is dangerous. Trust me...I once had opportunity to dive out of a burning car...and it's no fun. I believe your fuel filter is in that position.

My advise is NOT to go to Tan Chong to change your knock sensor. You will end up paying at least 30% more than if you went to a regular mechanic and asked him to replace the knock sensor for you.

sychung

Jun 29, 2006
Thank you for your advice, now my car is at TC, maybe next time will look for other alternative. You know I'm from Kuching & it's hard to find a mechanic that will service Cefiro here.

Yay, besides replacing the engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, ATF oil, spark plugs & flush radiator for the second hand car, what else I need to replace. Perhaps I want to do it at once, if you can tell me anything I need to take note.

Thank you.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
also check belts...hoses...and bushes...
and ur brake system...cefiro's rotors dont last long and tend to warp...if u r having problems when braking, its time to change

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I enjoy the information available here.

I have just purchased a year 2000 Excimo 2.0G with stock wheels. Everything else stock too.

The fuel consumption:

For 60-61 liter of petrol:
380km to 420km for 100% City driving
550 to 600km for 30% City and 70% Highway driving

I have had TCES done Engine Tuning and found no faults, engine oil & filter changed, changed to original air filter, exhaust system changed (I requested for a fuel saving one - cat converter and the front and back box changed.)

I am wondering if the above fuel consumption is normal?

Please also advise which fuel brand could provide the best FC with cefiro.

I am enjoying this car very well: so comfortable, acceptable power for a heavy feilo, very good air cond and spacious. Only drawback is light steering at high speed and suspension a bit too soft.

Looking forward for some facelift with bodykits.

Last edited:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
excimo said:
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I enjoy the information available here.

I have just purchased a year 2000 Excimo 2.0G with stock wheels. Everything else stock too.

The fuel consumption:

For 60-61 liter of petrol:
380km to 420km for 100% City driving
550 to 600km for 30% City and 70% Highway driving

I have had TCES done Engine Tuning and found no faults, engine oil & filter changed, changed to original air filter, exhaust system changed (I requested for a fuel saving one - cat converter and the front and back box changed.)

I am wondering if the above fuel consumption is normal?

Please also advise which fuel brand could provide the best FC with cefiro.

I am enjoying this car very well: so comfortable, acceptable power for a heavy feilo, very good air cond and spacious. Only drawback is light steering at high speed and suspension a bit too soft.

Looking forward for some facelift with bodykits.
hi ex...im ong here..nice to have another a32 owner here...

myself has a 3.0 a32 but downgraded to 2.5...u can check out my ride on the 1st page of this thread...

read all the threads and u will find the answers to all ur drawbacks...also the bodykits...:biggrin: hope u enjoy the stay...

patersonia

Known Member
May 28, 2006
sychung said:
Hi,

Thank you for all our input & I really appreciate it.

I have made an appointment with Tan Chong & will replace my Knock Sensor. They have actually use the handheld device to test the car & the mechanic told me that my knock sensor has already spoilt. I not sure if they do erase the error code & test it again for second time though, as I'm not with the mechanic when he was doing the testing.

One more thing I notice is, there's a petrol leaking at the position where right in front of the front passenger seat, somewhere around & underneath the MAF. It will leak when you start the engine after long hours of engine switch-off (mostly at the morning when you first start your engine). I not sure what is spoilt & will tell Tan Chong about that.

I think this is the major problem that causing the bad FC.

Thank you.

Lester
sychung,

just wandering to check wth u after u replace ur knock sensor? hows ur car's FC mind to let us know?? 600km in city driving? if yes, i also wan to change, change to a new 1!!!!:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. my 1.3 auto myvi 2005 in stock condition... everythings original..
mileage is 35k..
this thingis.. a full tank of ron95 RM60 shell can only go for 300 km the most.. normal driving..:banghead:
is this normal?:hmmmm:
or what can i do to improve it?:idea:
as i know 1.3 should go further..:driver:
any advise or share urs?:adore:
tq:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience